Superstar DJs, Here We Go!

We've got to try

Started by Ben_j, Mar 07, 2019, 10:11

Previous topic - Next topic
With the track officialy dropping tomorrow, let's make yet another topic.

I'm excited to hear the first track of the album we have never heard in any form yet (as opposed to GTKO, Free Yourself, MAH and even Eve of Destruction that we all heard in DJ Set and Live set before)

The track will premiere tomorrow at 11:30 GMT (I think) on Youtube. There seems to be some kind of partnership with Formula 1, which has me even more excited. You can't go wrong with a dog driving a Formula 1.

This seems like it could be another Dom and Nic video maybe? we'll see.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

The track is already out down under, if you're Australian or have a VPN, you can already listen to it  :music

Well... that was underwhelming
Toward the end, there's a moment when it gets better... but just for a moment. Without the hook sample, I dunno, there's not much there. I do like the bridge, wish it was longer or more of the song was the vibe of the bridge. Feels more like a b-side.
Last Edit: Mar 07, 2019, 11:56 by neorev

"If you've ever complained that Formula One is lacking a global sonic identity then you are in for a treat in 2019.

Why? Because that's exactly the championships says it has combined with electronic music act The Chemical Brothers to create ahead of the new season.
Editor's Picks

Who's hot and who's not: Ferrari top, Haas rises, Alfa falls

A look at the 10 teams on the Formula One grid in the order preseason testing suggested they all sit on the eve of the Australian Grand Prix.

The English band are long-time F1 fans and have remixed a new track called 'We've Got to Try' from its upcoming album, 'No Geography'. The song has been accelerated to 15,000 beats per minute (BPM) to reflect the 15,000 revs per minute (RPM) a modern-day Formula One car is capable of reaching.

The song -- given the catchy title 'WGTT15000BPM F1 NEEEUM MIX' -- was released on Thursday to social media. The remix will be accompanied by a series of six-second films that show a dog behind the wheel of an F1 car and commandeering a rocket into space.

NEEEUM: The fastest remix of all time

WGTT15000BPM F1 NEEEUM MIX by @ChemBros#F1 #TheChemicalBrothers #NEEEUM pic.twitter.com/yslEhhino9
    — Formula 1 (@F1) March 7, 2019

The clips are from the full 'We've Got to Try' video, which tells the tale of 'Girl the Dog' and her mission to complete the impossible.

The accompanying press release says: "[The Chemical Brothers], famous the world over for pushing machines and technology to their limits via their music, have transformed a brand-new track into the iconic sound of an F1 car roaring past at high speed".

It claims the 'Neeeum' mix is the fastest remix of all time -- which it points out is "an appropriate claim for F1" and adds that the remix and the full 'We've Got to Try' song will be F1's "global sonic identity" going forward as well as becoming the sound of the F1 2019 season. It does not clarify in further detail what that actually means.

Last year F1 released a new theme tune for the championship, written by Brian Tyler, which quickly gained popularity with fans across the world as the intro to broadcasts and races on the world feed."

http://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/26163356/f1-chemical-brothers-create-fastest-remix-all-2019-season

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1103590097818136577
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

What
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 07, 2019, 10:11

With the track officialy dropping tomorrow, let's make yet another topic.

I'm excited to hear the first track of the album we have never heard in any form yet (as opposed to GTKO, Free Yourself, MAH and even Eve of Destruction that we all heard in DJ Set and Live set before)

The track will premiere tomorrow at 11:30 GMT (I think) on Youtube. There seems to be some kind of partnership with Formula 1, which has me even more excited. You can't go wrong with a dog driving a Formula 1.

You Are wrong :D they played We've got to try (as the snippet but still) on their bbc radio desert island disco mix ;)
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: MIKL on Mar 07, 2019, 10:17
This seems like it could be another Dom and Nic video maybe?
The video was directed by Ninian Doff.
https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/f1-taps-chemical-brothers-create-fastest-remix-time/1578175
You are all my children now!

^ Oh the guy who directed the excellent SIFSD video. I wonder if the video will be better than the song...

I've listened to a 90 second clip of it on Japanese itunes, and yeah it does feel a bit like a B-side or a mess-around or an early Chemical remix circa Primal Scream's Jailbird. The samples seem to be the best part of the track. The Chemical bits aren't doing it for me so far. I found myself waiting for Masters At Works' "Just a Li'l Dope" to kick in. Probably a better track!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Do you guys noticed we've got a Spotify sort of preview/teaser too??

I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

You guys really know how to stoke up my anticipation. Rrrr.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Can't believe we got another Beck collab with this song!!!!

https://instaud.io/3ojY

Spoiler
this is very messy and a joke

i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is the NEEEUM remix vid just a 3 seconds snippet or the complete track. If you up the tempo to 15000 bpm the track won't be long  :D

It's possible they did the 15000 bpm version of an extended version? I think the song is only 3.5 mins long and like 92 bpm

We've got to try is on the album before Free Yourself. So a 3 track chunk from the album. That kind of disadvantageous for an album listening experience.

Is that World premiere of Eve of destruction a real thing? Is it available to listen somewhere?

Quote from: Joslyn on Mar 07, 2019, 19:56

So is the NEEEUM remix vid just a 3 seconds snippet or the complete track. If you up the tempo to 15000 bpm the track won't be long  :D
I can't imagine the story of the dog could be told very well in a three second video. But this does feel like an odd choice for a proper single/video release.

I still think those Vox are (manipulated) samples on there, rather than recreated vocals. Looking forward to seeing the album/sample credits.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

this song is secretly hot acid rhythm 2 and no one can convince me otherwise
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 07, 2019, 21:03

I mean

We caaaan tryyyyyyy

Quote from: JRSZ on Mar 07, 2019, 16:01

You Are wrong :D they played We've got to try (as the snippet but still) on their bbc radio desert island disco mix ;)
I meant track that we didn't hear in full 20 times before its release.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 07, 2019, 21:03

I'll take your word for it once I get a proper listen. But I hope it's not b-sidish as some of you have said earlier. Im not down into skipping tracks on new album releases.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.