Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

We've got to try

Started by Ben_j, Mar 07, 2019, 10:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: inchemwetrust on Mar 07, 2019, 21:33

I'll take your word for it once I get a proper listen. But I hope it's not b-sidish as some of you have said earlier. Im not down into skipping tracks on new album releases.

Disco hip hop w/ acid synths is how I would describe it
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Mar 07, 2019, 21:33

I'll take your word for it once I get a proper listen. But I hope it's not b-sidish as some of you have said earlier. Im not down into skipping tracks on new album releases.
I don't understand the B-Side comparisons.

It's strong, solid, lean, bigger than the sum of it's parts. It's got an energy that feels purpose built for a theme for a sporting event with little of the cheese. Classic yet modern. Unique yet chemical. Creative yet calculated. Simple yet everything. A fucking cool song.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 07, 2019, 21:03

this song is secretly hot acid rhythm 2 and no one can convince me otherwise

:o
no idea, no idea

I like it. Theres actually a few breaks and samples going on in there and its kind of of disjointed in a good way with the speed of it. It reminds you of the 90s era with the synth really dominant and the drum breaks. Which is no surprise when they went back to there old equipment. It will fit nicely in the album.

The grand prix is in my home town but its wasted on me cause I'm not a big fan and can't justify spending that much to go. Definitely in my situation at the moment and just too see if theres any chems promotion anywhere for it.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Damn It's really simple but good track Every Chems Album had that slower chill track and No Geography's one will be WGTT :D I like how simple it is but compared with previous singles it's just very short :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

For Europeans:

Cought only the first couple of bars but it seems like it starts off exactly like in the Moments Desert Island mix. Interesting choice.
Last Edit: Mar 08, 2019, 11:16 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I like it. Keen to hear this track throughout the Formula 1 2019 season, as Ricciardo dominates those podiums in the Renault.

Ohh guys, I shouldn't have listen it. I can't stop pressing the repeat button. I LOVE IT!! My hype for this album went to the clouds! It's simple, I feel the old school vibe, I really don't feel like it is a b side...  even I like it more than GTKO. The bad thing is that is waaaay too short.

Not sure if on purpose or a coincidence but its international womens day and the lyrics are 'I know we can make it girl'.

The song feels like it was either a) supposed to have a vocalist

or

b) it did!!!!!

Quote from: MIKL on Mar 07, 2019, 22:40

I like it. Theres actually a few breaks and samples going on in there and its kind of of disjointed in a good way with the speed of it. It reminds you of the 90s era with the synth really dominant and the drum breaks. Which is no surprise when they went back to there old equipment. It will fit nicely in the album.

Im leaning toward your answer. Not b-sidish at all. track picks up very well at 2:30. wish it was longer too!

Sounds like something Avalanche would put out!

just a recap...Ive now listened to half of the album.

After 10+ listens, the track gets my approval.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: MIKL on Mar 08, 2019, 01:07

Not sure if on purpose or a coincidence but its international womens day and the lyrics are 'I know we can make it girl'.

The Chem Bros are super socially conscious! Would not be surprised if they were also going with this angle

Ok, so I am still waiting for my iTunes to catch up with the rest of the universe BUT had a listen on YouTube and damn that's phat. And I never use that word to describe anything because I feel so derpy just saying it, haha! I don't care, though. It's very old skool, love the throbbing squelches lined with that super crisp production, punctuated by crackles and pops you'd hear when playing an old vinyl you picked up second hand at the used record shop across town. This one's really nice, soulful, a blend of familiar and fresh. First impression after first listen. Worthy of many more listens to come. Love.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

OMG! If they play this live, that drop after the bridge is absolutely gonna own me!  :)) :music

It has the playful attitude of 'Hot Acid Rhythm', but I'm getting 'Keep My Composure' similarities.

The novelty of this song might wear off over time, but I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of it while it's still fresh. t000n!

Quote from: nekoland on Mar 08, 2019, 01:04

Ohh guys, I shouldn't have listen it. I can't stop pressing the repeat button. I LOVE IT!! My hype for this album went to the clouds! It's simple, I feel the old school vibe, I really don't feel like it is a b side...  even I like it more than GTKO. The bad thing is that is waaaay too short.

I agree, I'm not sure why, but this track got me all giddy!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Mar 08, 2019, 02:51

The Chem Bros are super socially conscious! Would not be surprised if they were also going with this angle
yeeee. buuuut why F1 collaboration?!  ???

Whooaoaa I fucking love this clip already to bits!!
The track gave me goosebumps in the BBC mix.. I love the acid.. the beats.. Damn this is insane!
I'm highly biased when it comes to racing.. love it.. so best combo ever.

Ed did mention they used their old gear.. so probably the future retro blasting out those notes? pff just can't get enough

I love the video ! Even if you're not an F1 fan youve got to love it.
Quote from: Decadez89 on Mar 08, 2019, 09:25

Why not? For one thing, Tom and Ed are F1 fans.

made a promise to only listen to the 1st 45 seconds but I'm Getting "The Boxer" Vibes from this :music

EDIT:
Screw it. I listened to the whole thing, what's this so called pause button?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 08, 2019, 09:49

I love the video ! Even if you're not an F1 fan youve got to love it.Why not? For one thing, Tom and Ed are F1 fans.

Quote from: Decadez89 on Mar 08, 2019, 09:25

Seems like a lot of the comments hope it doesn't replace the current or last years 'official F1' song. Here's some. Hopefully I'll avoid hearing it all the time if they do play it as part of the F1 everywhere so I still like the song before the album comes out.