'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

We've got to try

Started by Ben_j, Mar 07, 2019, 10:11

Previous topic - Next topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRfSM-lv55I&feature=em-lsp

got mail few hours ago that it's live
now I only have to wait for like 6 hours to come home and listen to this   :(
do people really take issue with Brothers working with F1?
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

The video just makes me love the song even more. Amazing video! I want to go to Dog Planet.

Ha! Brilliant video. I absolutely love it. Hat doff'd to Ninian Doff for that. I mean honestly, who listened to that track and thought: "Dog driving F1 car and taking off into space"? Bonkers.

First comments since hearing more than 90 seconds on itunes:

Listening to the whole thing, it had me thinking of white label bootlegs that came out around 2003-2006. Some record shops had a bootleg 12"s section where there was stuff like 1799,    Reckless Dub,    7th Nation Freeland,    Donna Kebab and Pixie Boots.  Pre-exisitng tracks given a breaks re-work (sometimes by well known artists) and put out on white label.
This feels like the Chems have done something similar, but instead of giving the track a 2003 breaks re-work they've given it a 1994 Chemical remix.

I think we've discussed before on the forum how the Chems often use samples imaginatively, and rarely hang their tunes on just one big sample. But here, they do exactly that. They haven't created a new tune with the sample, they've done a white label remix of Halleluiah Chorus. And I might like it if I stumbled on it in the record racks. It's kinda fun. But is it a single that matches the creativity of Star Gutar or Go and deserves a big video? I don't think so.

I do like the orchestral break at around 2.06. Nicely done. I also note that the "tryyyy" at 2.27 sounds the same as "try" on the Healleluiah Chorus record unlike earlier on when it's pitched down or something. Are the crackles from the source material or have then been added, I wonder?

In conclusion, it feels like a fun little bootleg remix, but not an A-side single for me. I'll be watching that video again though!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 08, 2019, 09:49

I love the video ! Even if you're not an F1 fan youve got to love it.Why not? For one thing, Tom and Ed are F1 fans.
I din't know that, thank you! btw I was meaning that it's makes less sense to link the feminist movement with this song :) 

So what is NEEEUM? Is it just the sound of the F1 engine?

Quote from: MIKL on Mar 08, 2019, 10:35

Seems like a lot of the comments hope it doesn't replace the current or last years 'official F1' song. Here's some. Hopefully I'll avoid hearing it all the time if they do play it as part of the F1 everywhere so I still like the song before the album comes out.
People are stupid, this won't replace the F1 theme (which is awesome). The "Sonic identity" thing is at best producing sound to go with the transitions during the races. Those were pretty bad before so it would be a good thing

The track is not my favourite, but it's solid and fun. I expect to like it more with each listen.
And that video is crazy, in a good way.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Mar 08, 2019, 02:51

The Chem Bros are super socially conscious! Would not be surprised if they were also going with this angle
Welllll... the scientists and engineers in the video are almost exlusively male, that's not how diversity works.
Last Edit: Mar 08, 2019, 14:48 by Stefan

feeling the army of me + hot acid rhythm vibes 👍
Eight or over.

Yes!! The video has a corgi (see dog planet)!

I am really excite for this album. I'm getting a little of the Keep My Composure vibe, I feel like the vocal hook from that song would fit nicely over this.

OMG I LOVE dogs and I love the video ❤️❤️ Watching over my morning cuppa joe with my doggos at my feet. My heart melts.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Tom left, Ed right (no idea who's in the middle)

This song is a grower and a banger
no idea, no idea

It just occurred to me, do you think this track and video dropping on the International women's day is on purpose ? It's quite fitting !

Anyone know what sample they used for vocals?
It kinda reminds me of Avalanches...
I will go out on a limb and say yeah, Ford, I guess it's the sound engine makes when it passes by.
I really like it, loved the video! You go, girl!   :)
Happy Woman's Day, Whirly!

Edit: Ok, this is no good, I'm stuck now in endless CB loop on Youtube! I have things to do, guys!  :)
Last Edit: Mar 08, 2019, 15:56 by sandelic
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 08, 2019, 15:17

hahah! nice one! and the in the middle there's

Ah yes this video was exactly what I expected
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 08, 2019, 15:21

It just occurred to me, do you think this track and video dropping on the International women's day is on purpose ? It's quite fitting !
See Stephan's comment (and androidgeoff and MIKL's) above yours on this issue.

Quote from: sandelic on Mar 08, 2019, 15:41

Anyone know what sample they used for vocals?
It kinda reminds me of Avalanches...

See Avalanches comments and sample discussion on this thread. (Not reading the Forum Sandelic? :D Hope you heard the Desert Island mix)
EDIT: also, I guess you didn't read my Reply #43 above  :'( ...
Last Edit: Mar 08, 2019, 16:33 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yep, I like it more and more. That vocal sample is awesome!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 08, 2019, 15:17

Robert Kubica   ;)
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

I'm going to catch up on everything y'all have been posting after, but I just have to say...

Fuck me. It's amazing. So much fun. The track slams. The video is brilliant. The part where all the dudes are singing is wonderful. It's a pretty low key track for the most part (I can maybe see why some folks were saying what they were based on just hearing the music) but combined with this video... Maximum elevation.

Fuck me.

So good.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning