And It Feels Like I'm Dreaming

We've got to try

Started by Ben_j, Mar 07, 2019, 10:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ford on Mar 08, 2019, 13:34

So what is NEEEUM? Is it just the sound of the F1 engine?

It's a 3 second "remix" of WGTT that they sped up to 15000bpm and filtered to sound like an F1 car speeding past.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 08, 2019, 14:04

People are stupid, this won't replace the F1 theme (which is awesome). The "Sonic identity" thing is at best producing sound to go with the transitions during the races. Those were pretty bad before so it would be a good thing

Do they still use the REAL F1 theme at all?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Sorry. Triple post. This video deserves it though.

Anyone got any idea what the whispering voices are saying when we see the Dog Planet at the end? Sounds like a sample, and I'm guessing (hoping) it's a Chemical one.
I'm hearing "Give hop" or something like that...

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 08, 2019, 18:08

Anyone got any idea what the whispering voices are saying when we see the Dog Planet at the end? Sounds like a sample, and I'm guessing (hoping) it's a Chemical one.
I'm hearing "Give hop" or something like that...
I'm hearing:
get up, get get get down
911 is a joke in yo town

Waching the video agan I see why YT commentors are calling the dog Laika.

If you cut out the F1 bit, it's a pretty similar story, particularly "Girl" appearing to be a stray at the start of the video.
Anyone remember the band Laika? Sounds Of The Satellites was great.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but...

https://thepreludepress.com/news/2019/3/8/the-chemical-brothers-release-music-video-for-new-song-weve-got-to-try
"To celebrate the start of the 2019 F1 season, the British duo broke down, re-engineered and accelerated "We've Got To Try" to 15,000 beats per minute (BPM) to reflect the 15,000 revs per minute (RPM) that today's hyper-complex F1 cars are capable of reaching. Titled "WGTT15000BPM F1 NEEEUM Mix" and clocking in at a mere three seconds, it is the fastest remix of all time and approximates the iconic sound of an F1 car roaring by. "WGTT15000BPM F1 NEEEUM Mix" will be the new global sonic identity for F1 moving forward. Stream the remixHERE.

"The engineering challenge of creating the fastest remix intrigued us as F1 fans and music producers," said Tom Rowlands, who founded The Chemical Brothers with Ed Simons. "It's exciting to hear our music in the context of F1. The speed and intensity of F1 is a nice reflection of our music and live shows." "

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Mar 08, 2019, 19:54

"The engineering challenge of creating the fastest remix [...]"
T&E, after a couple of pints:
"Eh, let's just speed this up to three seconds and shift the pitch down so that it doesn't sound like chipmunks on cocaine"

Found it.  Vocal sample at 3:25ish

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 08, 2019, 13:08

I think we've discussed before on the forum how the Chems often use samples imaginatively, and rarely hang their tunes on just one big sample. But here, they do exactly that. They haven't created a new tune with the sample, they've done a white label remix of Halleluiah Chorus. And I might like it if I stumbled on it in the record racks. It's kinda fun. But is it a single that matches the creativity of Star Gutar or Go and deserves a big video? I don't think so.

I do like the orchestral break at around 2.06. Nicely done. I also note that the "tryyyy" at 2.27 sounds the same as "try" on the Healleluiah Chorus record unlike earlier on when it's pitched down or something. Are the crackles from the source material or have then been added, I wonder?

In conclusion, it feels like a fun little bootleg remix, but not an A-side single for me. I'll be watching that video again though!

Meh, I think you're letting technical aspects get in the way of you enjoying music. Without todays technology, we would have gone years and (I mean years) until we were able to track down the sample. You've might have always had that "feeling" it was influenced from another track, but we'd never know the original source where it came.

I will agree they haven't strayed too far from the original sample(s), but I do think they formulate a new track. The original Hallaluiah Chorus track is a poppy r&b/soul which had a nice little produced instrumental break, and probably never saw the light of day even in it's prime. The Chems turned it into a sonic boombox blaster, which in-turn, sounds like a pretty awesome empowering battle cry.

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Mar 08, 2019, 20:05

Found it.  Vocal sample at 3:25ish

Yeah. Bosco posted about this back in Desert Island Disco mix thread. It's a cool track.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 08, 2019, 19:27

I'm hearing:
get up, get get get down
911 is a joke in yo town

There is something there though. Clearly a male voice and repeated in a sampled way. I can't imagine it would be there for no reason and there's already the T&E cameo.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 08, 2019, 19:27

Waching the video agan I see why YT commentors are calling the dog Laika.

If you cut out the F1 bit, it's a pretty similar story, particularly "Girl" appearing to be a stray at the start of the video.
Anyone remember the band Laika? Sounds Of The Satellites was great.

Just listened to a couple of tracks. Very nice!

My brain jumps first to this Laika (just up the road from me!), and then to this one.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 08, 2019, 16:24

See Stephan's comment (and androidgeoff and MIKL's) above yours on this issue.

See Avalanches comments and sample discussion on this thread. (Not reading the Forum Sandelic? :D Hope you heard the Desert Island mix)
EDIT: also, I guess you didn't read my Reply #43 above  :'( ...
Ah, yeah, didn't see their posts 😅

Are the stars at the end meant to represent a dog, a "1" as in F1 or both ?

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 08, 2019, 08:19

OMG! If they play this live, that drop after the bridge is absolutely gonna own me!  :)) :music

TRUTH!

Quote from: wrclaguna on Mar 08, 2019, 16:26

Robert Kubica   ;)

O Kurwa XDDD to było dobre!

ang : Oh Fu.. that was good!

To the one's that don't know who's Kubica he's basically our Polish racer ;)
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 08, 2019, 20:46

Yeah. Bosco posted about this back in Desert Island Disco mix thread. It's a cool track.

Nice.  Haven't checked out that thread yet.

Did you guys check out the credits on the youtube link yet?

Looks like this is not a sample, but another interpolation. Amazing how similar they can recreate it.  They credit Richard Pegue (producer of 'I've Got to Find a Way') as composer lyricist but nothing else.

Additionally, it looks like the vocalist is a really young Michael Jackson (you were on the money there Wolkenkrabber!) impersonator/singer.

Eshan Gopal (vocalist):

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 08, 2019, 17:43

It's a 3 second "remix" of WGTT that they sped up to 15000bpm and filtered to sound like an F1 car speeding past.

Yes, I just meant what does the word/hashtag mean but it must just be onomatopoeia for the F1 engine. I'm now saying it out loud and it's fun.

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 09, 2019, 02:48

Did you guys check out the credits on the youtube link yet?

Looks like this is not a sample, but another interpolation. Amazing how similar they can recreate it.  They credit Richard Pegue (producer of 'I've Got to Find a Way') as composer lyricist but nothing else.

Additionally, it looks like the vocalist is a really young Michael Jackson (you were on the money there Wolkenkrabber!) impersonator/singer.

Eshan Gopal (vocalist):

I can't see where they list composer or vocalist on the YouTube video, where are you seeing it?

Quote from: Ford on Mar 09, 2019, 03:37

I can't see where they list composer or vocalist on the YouTube video, where are you seeing it?

Sorry, I should have clarified. It's in the details of the track only youtube video:

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Mar 08, 2019, 19:54

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but...

https://thepreludepress.com/news/2019/3/8/the-chemical-brothers-release-music-video-for-new-song-weve-got-to-try
"To celebrate the start of the 2019 F1 season, the British duo broke down, re-engineered and accelerated "We've Got To Try" to 15,000 beats per minute (BPM) to reflect the 15,000 revs per minute (RPM) that today's hyper-complex F1 cars are capable of reaching. Titled "WGTT15000BPM F1 NEEEUM Mix" and clocking in at a mere three seconds, it is the fastest remix of all time and approximates the iconic sound of an F1 car roaring by. "WGTT15000BPM F1 NEEEUM Mix" will be the new global sonic identity for F1 moving forward. Stream the remixHERE.

"The engineering challenge of creating the fastest remix intrigued us as F1 fans and music producers," said Tom Rowlands, who founded The Chemical Brothers with Ed Simons. "It's exciting to hear our music in the context of F1. The speed and intensity of F1 is a nice reflection of our music and live shows." "

This 3 second remix is such a tease at first thought (and that makes me giggle, haha)... but it's really not. On second thought I think it's great - What an interesting and challenging project.

It'll be so weird when it pops up when I have shuffle on  :D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: JRSZ on Mar 09, 2019, 01:17

O Kurwa XDDD to było dobre!

ang : Oh Fu.. that was good!

To the one's that don't know who's Kubica he's basically our Polish racer ;)

Robert Kubica Canada 2007 F1

1.00 min.

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 09, 2019, 02:48

Eshan Gopal (vocalist):

I could have lost a LOT of money on this if anyone had challenged me to a bet. Nice "MJ" find which saves my blushes a little bit. Appreciated!

Does...does that mean this interpolation is so good that it fooled Shazam on your phone and mine??  :o
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I heard this song only two times and I can't get that voice sample/whatever out of my head.
Catchy.