Do It Again

New Board

Started by WhiteNoise, Mar 22, 2019, 05:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all!

We've just added a new No Geography board for discussing the new album!

Sorry for the late updates - things seem to get busy in all corners of the world.

We'll be making a total overhaul of the forum's theme to coincide with the album's release.

Additionally, we've just created Music: Response, out of the old Born in the Echoes forum. This will be a place for discussing any Chems music older than the current / upcoming new release - in the far future when No Geography is old hat, we'll move its topics here too.

Feel free to start any topics about the back catalog here!
Never for money, always for love.

Looks great! Two-face woman for the win!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

love the update, ;D though was kinda hoping for a laughing mask for No geography.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Mar 22, 2019, 10:00

love the update, ;D though was kinda hoping for a laughing mask for No geography.
The cloud face? We did try and it does not look good as a single color icon.

Certain long time Chems fans will recognize the current icon...

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 22, 2019, 15:26
Great choice. Always been one of my favourite singles covers, yet somehow I've still never come across the 12".. One day!

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Mar 22, 2019, 16:28
Great choice. Always been one of my favourite singles covers, yet somehow I've still never come across the 12".. One day!

Uhm. I don't think it's from a single cover - it is from Tom's t-shirt. I believe 07/08 tour he did wore it sometimes.
Last Edit: Mar 22, 2019, 17:38 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on Mar 22, 2019, 17:33
Uhm. I don't think it's from a single cover - it is from Tom's t-shirt. I believe 07/08 tour he did wore it sometimes.
Oh shoot! I figured it was just the Star Guitar cover. Anyone have a photo of the t-shirt?

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Mar 22, 2019, 17:43
Anyone have a photo of the t-shirt?

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Oooh that one! I thought we were talking about the new one for this board! The No Geography one is a nice deep reference

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 22, 2019, 15:26

The cloud face? We did try and it does not look good as a single color icon.

I think Conn6or meant an MAH mask. Which isn't a bad call IMHO.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 22, 2019, 18:52
I think Conn6or meant an MAH mask. Which isn't a bad call IMHO.
Oh yeah!

Actually, that for a new live-shows icon? The glasses were more of a 2011 thing.

I'm liking Stephan's suggestion of Robots for Live...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Something like that`?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 22, 2019, 20:22

Something like that`?

Yeah. Maybe with a bit more torso? The old 2016 tour poster with Robots is still in the merch store for possible inspiration...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

That better?
— Aurora (The Seed)

I kinda of like csar's pic but the face should turn at a angle slightly!

Oh and I like the changes so far! Good on you guys for the music response section!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

"everything mentioned above"

how about something among the lines of this?

Spoiler

Last Edit: Mar 23, 2019, 07:28 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Looks cool, I like it!

Edit: I made two versions of your robot. One regular and one turned at an angle (but I don't know if that's what you meant, InChem).
Last Edit: Mar 23, 2019, 09:28 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 23, 2019, 07:30

Edit: and one turned at an angle (but I don't know if that's what you meant, InChem).

heres an attachment for context. shoulve posted it earlier. its only a suggestion because I wanted you to see if you would want an extra option for choosing the new graphic. I do like the first and  second graphic of your last post. very clean looking btw!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Thanks for that pic. Let's see what we can do. I'm not that gifted with graphics, the 2D versions are rather simple to do, so there's nothing much to it. I only have an old now-license free CS2 photoshop version that constantly drives me nuts. But I'll give it a go.

Edit: A quick approach for the 3D robot and the horse Stefan mentioned.
Last Edit: Mar 27, 2019, 22:18 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)