Ouhmmmm Beya-deh. Ahhhhhh Yeah!

CANADA!!!!

Started by Redout_Chemical, Mar 26, 2019, 16:31

Previous topic - Next topic
FINALLY!!!!!!! WOOOOOO

A week before my daughters due date, but that can wait....

https://www.osheaga.com/en

Fucking Canada actually gets a show, but no love for Chicago.  WTF? 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Mar 26, 2019, 16:54

Hey! Ive been harassing them on every social media platform there is since the conception of social media as they havent been back since social media even existed. I didnt even have a phone with a camera in 2002..

If any Canadians want to plan a trip together, let me know. My wife wont be going as she will be 9 months pregnant.

Ill go alone if i have to, but it would be cool to have a group train trip or flight out there and lodging together....PM me

NEW YORK AND CHICAGO WHEN?!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Oh man! Why is it so expensive to travel within Canada?! I can buy a return flight to London for less than it costs to fly across the country here.

its too early for an april fools joke!

wait a sec...

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Mar 26, 2019, 17:43

its too early for an april fools joke!

wait a sec...

LOL i swear to god i thought it was a joke too, i had to read it several times and refresh the page to ensure i was seeing what I was seeing.

Hopefully they play a Toronto festival, Veld is the day before, so hopefully they get added to that.  Otherwise im going to be travelling to Montreal while praying to god my wife doesnt give birth.

Hotel Booked. Not wasting time here.

Quote from: Redout_Chemical on Mar 26, 2019, 17:03

My wife wont be going as she will be 9 months pregnant.
Yeah, I reckon she would risk delivering it then and there... at a show like this :D

Glad you guys finally get a Canadian show!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 26, 2019, 19:25

Yeah, I reckon she would risk delivering it then and there... at a show like this :D

Glad you guys finally get a Canadian show!

That would be incredible if it were to happen while they were playing LOL

Happy for you Redout. This has definitely been a long time coming for the Canadian fans.

Quote from: Redout_Chemical on Mar 26, 2019, 19:32

That would be incredible if it were to happen while they were playing LOL

"It seems to me we both should hang around
And raise the population of this town"
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm confused...

and it's not because of the French...

Am I dreaming???
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

So...how many years since last show in Canada?
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Mar 26, 2019, 16:54

I came here to say just that. Been harassing them as well on Social Media. Can't believe they aren't coming through. How the hell did Lolla not book them?!?!

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Mar 26, 2019, 21:26

I came here to say just that. Been harassing them as well on Social Media. Can't believe they aren't coming through. How the hell did Lolla not book them?!?!

I suppose it's not out of the realm they add them late to the Lollapalooza lineup. I imagine Thursday of the festival is the weakest in attendance and individual day ticket sales. Could be a slight boost.

I don't know though dude. I despise that fest. Just like Coachella, it's a total shell of what it used to be/represent. But at least Coachella has a superb location, and the some of friendliest weather a festival attendee could ask for. To be honest I was a bit relieved they were not on the Lollapalooza lineup, and I'm dying here just like most of you for a Chicago date.

For what it's worth I delved into Chicago concert schedules and there is a lot of empty dates at all the usual suspected venues. Maybe an in-week type show before or after the Lolla shit-show and afterparties hit the Chicago scene? Either way, I'm pretty sure our time will come. I just wish it was more transparent.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Mar 26, 2019, 21:23

So...how many years since last show in Canada?

17, I was at the last one in Technically Mississauga, but its just outside of Toronto, 2002 come with us tour.