Where Do I Begin?

AUSTRALIAN tour 2019/2020...????

Started by whitelabel84, Mar 27, 2019, 04:14

Previous topic - Next topic
I had this cross my desk today, new release info from Universal Music Australia...
And something caught my eye under the Key Selling Points as the last point!!!!
Australian fans out there, WATCH. THIS. SPACE!!

Is this for real? With no announcment with any lineups so far this year I don't want to get my hopes up too much. It's been way too long since they've been here, I need to see them again!

Quote from: torvolt on Apr 03, 2019, 00:30

Is this for real? With no announcment with any lineups so far this year I don't want to get my hopes up too much. It's been way too long since they've been here, I need to see them again!

It is! Straight from Universal Music themselves! I'm trying to get more info but it seems like it's all tight lipped from all of my usual contacts... It's been 11 years since a proper live show down under. Crazy!!

Looking at the announced dates again already they're pretty tight for them to fly the whole show for a national tour on the other side of the world in between those dates. So I'm guessing December Early 2020 as in previous year/s.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Plenty of time before they head to Fuji Rock. Apparently they might be headlining Splendour and doing a couple of side shows.
Who is dis doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

Quote from: DrewBax on Apr 08, 2019, 11:03
Plenty of time before they head to Fuji Rock

Uhmmm. Actually they have plenty shows in July.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Do you have a link to the other shows? I couldn't find those.

Pretty sure there's like a week they don't have dates booked but unlikely if they did more than Melb and Syd. Plus, pretty short notice.
Last Edit: Apr 08, 2019, 11:36 by DrewBax
Who is dis doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,1260.0.html

I think like MIKL said, best bet is Jan 2020.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

October looks open though too unless I'm missing something? Otherwise early next year.

So it is (almost) confirmed. May 1st announcement!
#holdtightaustralia
frontiertouring.com/holdtightaustralia

Somewhere in Australia, Krisper is salivating!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Apr 03, 2019, 10:31

.. It's been 11 years since a proper live show down under. Crazy!!

I saw them at Future Music Festival in Perth in March 2011 - or did you mean their own show? I think they did single shows in Sydney and Melbourne on that tour.

Surely they wouldn't come play Aus in the middle of winter? They're much more suited to summer.

Well this is incredibly exciting. Adelaide show hopefully, but I'd travel just to fuckin' see them! This is huge!!!

You're quite right about the 2011 gigs - my fault.
And looks like only the three capitals will be getting them.
I think I will try to get to at least two but would love to lock in all three!
Last Edit: Apr 25, 2019, 11:11 by whitelabel84

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Apr 25, 2019, 10:58

You're quite right about the 2011 gigs - my fault.
And looks like only the three capitals will be getting them.
I think I will try to get to at least two but would love to lock in all three!

Did you get an email update? I signed up but haven't noticed anything (I do look in my junk for emails just in case too)

I remember for the Come With Us tour they did solo shows in these same cities.

Not coming to Perth....that's great.  :(

Wow! Congrats guys and gals. The Avalanches as support too!

Holy shit what a good get. The Avalanches' DJ sets are even better than their live shows, you're in for a treat.
Never for money, always for love.

I am over the moon, 3 shows! Do any aussies know how to get the Telstra Thanks presale?