For That Beautiful Feeling

AUSTRALIAN tour 2019/2020...????

Started by whitelabel84, Mar 27, 2019, 04:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: whirlygirl on Nov 06, 2019, 02:01

Great review, and so soon after the gig!  Thank you MIKL (and of course Krisper) I hope you all are basking in the Chemical afterglow (which is seriously like the best feeling ever) for a good long time!
We have only just arrived back home, the afterglow is glowing strong :) I sort of can't believe that all just happened, like a dream. Although 3 shows wasn't as easy this time as it was 8 years ago.

Your national tours in seeing them has paid off well! Even though its a reward in itself being able to see the show more than once.

I bet they were more happy to see you 2 than the others  ;)

I can only dream of that happening they seem so genuine and friendly on stage I may have made eye contact with them a couple of times where I was during the gig. Now we have to ask what did you talk about?!

I know what you mean about it all being a blur and a dream. If hadn't of made that review there and then I would've struggled later like capturing the moment and explaining it.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Nov 06, 2019, 09:45
I bet they were more happy to see you 2 than the others 
This time around I think the Aussie audience was much more receptive to them. And they picked up on it. When Ed walks out putting his hands up to rev everyone up, the crowd went crazy this time. As you said earlier, there were young to old, last time we stood out being 20+ years older than the average, this time we were just part of the crowd. And everyone was into it. Maybe I'm just remembering it different?

Quote from: MIKL on Nov 06, 2019, 09:45
Now we have to ask what did you talk about?!
With Ed walking through Brisbane it was just normal chat, like we'd known him for ages. Talking about flights, jetlag, time differences, and about Frank his dog :)

After the show we didn't have long, I didn't get a chance to say a lot, I told them how awesome the show was, Tom liked it that we'd seen it from close up and far away. He was very interested in what we thought of the sound etc. They both seemed very proud of the show, and deservedly so, they invest so much more into their shows than most musicians, and then to give time to meet up with us, we feel blessed.

lovely reviews, thanks, and cool anecdotes =]
Eight or over.

It's always delightful to hear (and see) when forum members make a connection with Tom and Ed. Happy to see you safely complete the whole Aussie tour and get well rewarded in the end!

Thanks for sharing Krisper!

Bosco perfectly summed it up! I am so fucking happy for you guys and girls and that some of you even got to meet them in person is more than most fans could dream of. What a ride!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Krisper on Nov 06, 2019, 09:23

We have only just arrived back home, the afterglow is glowing strong :) I sort of can't believe that all just happened, like a dream. Although 3 shows wasn't as easy this time as it was 8 years ago.

Your last sentence hits home! I was utterly *exhausted* after my last round of seeing the Chems.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat though!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.