The Brothers Gonna Work It Out

Q Magazine interview: Around The World With The Chemical Brothers

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Apr 06, 2019, 23:20

Previous topic - Next topic
One of the better music magazines still going IMHO. Not shy to review lots of different music styles, and their interviews and writing are better than average. Nice to see Fat White Family getting some coverage; check em out if you like slightly debauched, edgy indie rock (with some added electronic bits here and there).
Primal Scream have done well to get the main cover image considering they're just promoting another singles collection. Good band though.

Dorian Lynskey (who I know from The Guardian newspaper) catches up with T&E for a trip through their past and to learn why so many of their records are instructions: Don't Think, Do It Again, Free Yourself, Come With Us, Get Yourself High...
Out Tuesday. Website (you can't read it for free here though).

*EDIT* Oh hang on, I can embed this too:

Tom looks like a hitman in that coat.
Last Edit: Apr 07, 2019, 00:15 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Can Someone give us a photo of the article?
:D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Tom and Ed are lookin sharp!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 08, 2019, 23:16

Tom and Ed are lookin sharp!

Tom definitely knows how to b-dat
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 06, 2019, 23:20

Tom looks like a hitman in that coat.
...but Ed looks like the getaway driver!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Spoiler
Tom's been making THE HITS and Ed's been GETTING AWAY with it for years!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 10, 2019, 11:06

Spoiler
Tom's been making THE HITS and Ed's been GETTING AWAY with it for years!
Spoiler
Wrong! He's cutting 'em short!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 10, 2019, 13:16

Spoiler
Wrong! He's cutting 'em short!
Are you sure he was being sincere in that screenshot reply?..   ^-^

Quote from: JRSZ on Apr 07, 2019, 00:12

Can Someone give us a photo of the article?

Yes, literally. Not a PDF but screenshot images. You may have to do some zooming in.
I must admit I have never turned an image into a PDF in my life (well, apart from using a scanner/photocopier). Tried to follow
but I don't get PDF as an option in the drop down. Is it because I'm on Windows 7 not 10? I've got Acrobat Reader DC, do I need anything else?

Still, I managed to use a brain cell somewhere along the way: Amazon offer a 30 day free trial on a lot of Kindle music magazine subscriptions (I presume this offer is only available in UK & Ireland). So I subscribed digitally to Q magazine, downloaded the Kindle app to my phone and took screenshots.

There is a one page review of No Geography (which was actually at the back of the magazine) and then eight pages of article/interview stuff. I must admit I haven't read it all yet.
It is possible for me to also provide this stuff in easier-to-read Kindle view screenshots, but be warned there will be about 20 of those pages if you want them.

I thought it might be nice to put this under a hidden spoiler tag so that only forum members could download it (yes that's...probably... why I asked the question earlier, Csar! Do you believe me?).

Spoiler

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 10, 2019, 21:53

Are you sure he was being sincere in that screenshot reply?..   ^-^
Of course I am! Or do you really want to destroy my illusion of my significance? I was recommenting that and Ed made it shorter, look at WATN's playlist!
Nah, but seriously. I'cant remember when and where exactly (maybe during BITE?) but I believe in one interview they said Ed was often the one to tell Tom (just paraphrasing here) to cut it shorter or to get to the point quicker.

Yes, literally. Not a PDF but screenshot images. You may have to do some zooming in.
I must admit I have never turned an image into a PDF in my life (well, apart from using a scanner/photocopier). Tried to follow
but I don't get PDF as an option in the drop down. Is it because I'm on Windows 7 not 10? I've got Acrobat Reader DC, do I need anything else?
You need a free post-script like PDF24 or PDF Creadtor that behaves like a virtual printer.
If you've got Word, you could also do it in there with "save as" PDF.

(yes that's...probably... why I asked the question earlier, Csar! Do you believe me?).
[/spoiler]
No, I don't!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)