Push the Button

2019 - Forest Stadium Hills, New York - August 1

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 11, 2019, 18:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Any idea how to participate in the fan club presale?
Just remember to fall in love

For the west coast dates you got an access code with a pre-order. It's a bit late for the pre-order though!
Never for money, always for love.

yes that would quite impossible to pre-order now. sigh.

Came across this on reddit:

Quote from: Redditor GmarksTheSpot
From Facebook - fan presale April 16th 10 am EST, use code NOGEOGRAPHY

https://www.reddit.com/r/chemicalbrothers/comments/bc21q0/theyre_coming_to_nyc/

Do I plan now for expensive (missing work for 2 days as well) trip to NYC or can I still hope for a Chicago date?

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Apr 13, 2019, 01:48

Do I plan now for expensive (missing work for 2 days as well) trip to NYC or can I still hope for a Chicago date?

I think Chicago's chances are looking pretty bleak at this point. It looks like NY was in line to be missed too, until Oshega Festival stepped up.

Keep in mind none of the California dates sold out, and my guess is they will be hard pressed to sell even half of a 14k capacity outdoor theatre in NY. But betting based of populous, if I were Tom and Ed, I would choose to take a chance on booking my band to play a NY date over Chicago too.

Long story short, Chicago needs the stars to align for Chems to visit. Either a festival needs to step up and book them as headliner (I don't think they can accept anything else, unless they want to lose money). Or they need a sponsor like they had in 2007 to let them have some flexibility in limited capacity so they can afford to play mid/large sized venues.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 13, 2019, 02:20

Keep in mind none of the California dates sold out
Don't know about the others but the Greek looks virtually sold out (given the outrageous price range). Only a view seats in each category are left and there's still about one month to go.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

ah, you're right!

I could've sworn there was a lot more available and I checked in about 2 weeks ago. Well, let that be a warning then...

Anything I should know for buying tickets? This would be my first concert anywhere, I'm looking at the diagram of the stadium and is it worth it getting the GA floor or somewhere more elevated?

I would love the FULL chemical experience! (also is there any chance of this being a full show with encore and not a shortened festival set?)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

My guess is this venue has a sound curfew (like many outdoor venues), so I would imagine that an encore is unlikely.

If you can afford, I would try and get GA. For me, It would not be ideal to be confined to a seat for a Chemical Brothers show. Additionally, I like the look of the venue and the potential for some great acoustics. I'm hoping NY scores some awesome weather (wind is a factor too!), to bring home an awesome summery night!

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 13, 2019, 20:36

My guess is this venue has a sound curfew (like many outdoor venues), so I would imagine that an encore is unlikely.

If you can afford, I would try and get GA. For me, It would not be ideal to be confined to a seat for a Chemical Brothers show. Additionally, I like the look of the venue and the potential for some great acoustics. I'm hoping NY scores some awesome weather (wind is a factor too!), to bring home an awesome summery night!

That was my thought all along with the GA floor, most of the great videos and clips seem to have been taken from there and I'd love to be in the middle of it all.

I'd hope not about the curfew though! The show starts at 6:30 so if we're talking a full show it'd end around 8:15-8:30, I imagine the curfew wouldn't be that short would it?

oh boy (both potentially good/bad), that seems awfully early for a show.

That means show will start before twilight, which means sun could possibly still be up when they perform (not ideal, considering it's a big time visual show). Or, there's a supporting group/DJ to be named. Or, there's plenty of time, and an encore is in order.

I would bank on support act being added. But I really don't know anything about this venue, I'm not sure if early shows are a "thing" there.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 14, 2019, 02:53

oh boy (both potentially good/bad), that seems awfully early for a show.

That means show will start before twilight, which means sun could possibly still be up when they perform (not ideal, considering it's a big time visual show). Or, there's a supporting group/DJ to be named. Or, there's plenty of time, and an encore is in order.

I would bank on support act being added. But I really don't know anything about this venue, I'm not sure if early shows are a "thing" there.

I don't have the best feeling either but i'll stay positive! I don't know much about the venue either dw, but looking at images the GA floor seems to best bet to get a good view

god willingly there is a support act but it seems the chemical brothers show itself will start at 6:30, but considering it's in August, it'll likely be darker sooner by the time the show starts than say during the early to midsummer. Either way I do believe with the earlier time an encore is in order!

p.s. is there anything I should know about the pre-sale at all? (i'm really hyped sorry)

anyone able to pull tickets? i keep getting no tickets available

We got nothing, either it was a glitch or bots ate every ticket!

just got through keep trying