Free Yourself

2019 - Forest Stadium Hills, New York - August 1

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 11, 2019, 18:55

Previous topic - Next topic
oh...

my...

god...
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Apostle on Aug 02, 2019, 03:03

The venue itself, on the grounds from the original US Open tennis stadium
So the standing section stood on the actual tennis court?

Quote from: Apostle on Aug 02, 2019, 03:03
No encore though with TPPR because of the curfew I assume.
So why didn't they come on earlier?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 02, 2019, 10:10

Exactly what I asked myself too!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 02, 2019, 10:10

So the standing section stood on the actual tennis court?

That's right, a large portion of the floor is the court.

Couple of reasons, one is starting earlier is not that great for a working NYC crowd on a weekday (need to get to the show, venue needs time for people to drink, eat). And the other is probably light, they want to limit the amount of the show in daylight

It still seems silly that you guys didn't get an encore. I understand the hard 10PM curfew (many great venues are hindered by this), but leading up to the concert they hyped it as the first "non-festival show in NYC in 12 years". Yet, only delivering a festival length set.

I'm pretty sure the reason it didn't happen is like Apostle described. The venue flexed for those extra 15 minutes of concessions.

Quote from: Apostle on Aug 02, 2019, 12:43

That's right, a large portion of the floor is the court.

Couple of reasons, one is starting earlier is not that great for a working NYC crowd on a weekday (need to get to the show, venue needs time for people to drink, eat). And the other is probably light, they want to limit the amount of the show in daylight

great explanation there apostle! Makes sense too.

looking forward to some reviews after the glint has wore off, especially first-timers!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 02, 2019, 22:46

great explanation there apostle! Makes sense too.

looking forward to some reviews after the glint has wore off, especially first-timers!

the glint hasn't worn off and won't for a while...i'm extremely sore and knackered and loving it...

here's a few posts though:

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I will vainly hope that "See you all again soon New York" isn't something they just always say regardless of how soon it will be.

I noticed from Fuji they ditched the furniture part in the visuals for HBHG which I always whinged about, it adds more mystery when the dancer comes back and just the icon face with the glasses. the additional jam at the end is cool. It still deserves to be in the set.
Last Edit: Aug 03, 2019, 04:53 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Haha, minute 56:25 is hilarious!  ;D Funny move, Tom!

Wonderful recording, btw! So many great ones to add to the collection this season.

Oh, that outro of Saturate is pretty neat, too.
Last Edit: Aug 03, 2019, 09:17 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 03, 2019, 08:58
Haha, minute 56:25 is hilarious!   Funny move, Tom!

Ed looks confused :)
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Ed also does a karate kick at about 1:28:10 during galvanise too I noticed when I watched this. I'll have to watch again for Toms move.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Awesome show for my first time watching. I pretty much went in a no spoilers mode after the date was announced so I went in blind not knowing how the stage setup or the tracks to expect

For their older stuff I do like how each tour they keep tweaking them. The pleasant surprise to me was that they play No Geography in their set ( one of my favourite songs) but I never expected it to actually be played live as a standard setlist number.

As for the time they could've squeezed in the encore. They were actually scheduled to start at 8:15 but they let the opener (who was quite good) go long for her set. Which meant they started close to 8:30.

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 03, 2019, 16:16

Ed's dance moves at 41:22 are top!
Right before that at around 41:00 to 41:15 he seems like losing it for a split second by Ed's standards. Never seen him that extatic.  :D
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yes!! They sure look like they're seriously vibing from the quick clips I sampled so far. Appears to be a very exciting set!

Edit: they are at 11/10 totally GOING FOR IT during DYOH holy cow!
Last Edit: Aug 03, 2019, 20:31 by actionjackson780

I listened to this on a long run today, really enjoyed it. I really dig the demonic down-pitched vocal effects on Eve of Destruction.

Quote from: MIKL on Aug 03, 2019, 11:08

Ed also does a karate kick at about 1:28:10 during galvanise too I noticed when I watched this. I'll have to watch again for Toms move.

Quote from: Csar on Aug 03, 2019, 18:21

Right before that at around 41:00 to 41:15 he seems like losing it for a split second by Ed's standards. Never seen him that extatic.  :D

Quote from: Csar on Aug 03, 2019, 08:58

Haha, minute 56:25 is hilarious!  ;D Funny move, Tom!

Must be the K+D+B cereal! It's the only explanation for busting those moves on stage.

Never seen this side of the bros before but it looks like they shaved 20 years off of them.

So that's what NY does to visitors!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 04, 2019, 08:38

Must be the K+D+B cereal!
The karate kick is clearly a result of the scALE kicking in that he enjoyed before the show.
no idea, no idea