Born In the Echoes

Rowlands The Voice

Started by Chops, Jul 10, 2015, 17:41

Previous topic - Next topic
Do you clever people who know everything have any idea of a definitive list of what Tom's done vocals on?  Seems to be a few tracks i dont know the vocalist and am starting to wonder.  I'm not really clear what he sang on further either?

Well I'll make a comment about Sometimes I Feel So Deserted. Although Kenny Bobien gets a writing credit for the track, I don't believe he gets a sample credit. That ain't Kenny's voice on the track. I think it was Csar who made comments on the old forum that  the voice didn't soud like Kenny Bobien. I agree with that. The voice reminds me of Prince's alter ego 'Camille' on "If I Was Your Girlfriend", where Prince messed around with his own voice. I believe it's Tom's processed voice on SIFSD.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yeah i thought it might be him when i first heard it.  But i guess i am asking a difficult question, its not like he's ever been bigging up himself that much. They quite modest really.  I doubt he'd credit it half the time

Quote from: Chops on Jul 10, 2015, 17:41

I'm not really clear what he sang on further either?

If I'm right, on the Further album he sang: Dissolve, Swoon, K+D+B and Wonders Of The Deep.

Radiate.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 10, 2015, 18:07

Well I'll make a comment about Sometimes I Feel So Deserted. Although Kenny Bobien gets a writing credit for the track, I don't believe he gets a sample credit. That ain't Kenny's voice on the track. I think it was Csar who made comments on the old forum that  the voice didn't soud like Kenny Bobien.
I'm not quite sure I said that, tbh. I guess I only pointed to that reddit link that made reference to the Kenny Bobien sample. I guess they just pitched it a little, because it just sounds identical, just a bit higher.

I revisited EBW9 the other day and thought the vocodered "making calulations to generate sensations" might be Tom's voice too. And also the "lyrics" throughout the track, which I can't make out though.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

For SIFSD, it sounds like at least 3 different pitches are used. I have done that with vocals, where the lower pitch has lost a lot of the high frequency content. Adding a  higher pitched version can add missing frequencies in the high end. This is especially helpful with pitch shifted drums, where you can add a higher pitched version with a hi pass filter to add the necessary high frequency content.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the modest 'backing' vocals on Get Yourself High!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.