Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

A new Essential Mix!

Poll

Chems or no Chems at 45:40 that is the question!?

Yes Chems
7 (87.5%)
No Chems
1 (12.5%)
Total Members Voted: 8

• Pioneer
Tracks aren't digitally released without some sort of name. It would only be completely unknown if that's how the Chems wanted to list it.

The reason for listing something as unknown is if it's still in the testing phase. A lot of producers send demos to each other, but if they're unsure how it'll go they'll ask that you leave it off tracklists. If it's a dud or they don't want to release it under a particular name, no harm done.

Listening to it again today, I'm definitely leaning more toward this not being a chems track. Too many techniques they don't use. But the underlying distorted bass element (MS-20 / MS-10 sounding thing) has a chems vibe. But a lot of MS sounds have that chems vibe... So in short, I have no idea who this track might be  ;D

• The ChemBase Team
I just remembered The Bonus Beat Orchestra is actually a Chems alias. So we've got two Chems tracks in disguise for sure ? (Bonus beat Orchestra and Clapham Drum Ensemble), and a probable third one ?

• Seal
I'm about 3/4  through it and really enjoying so far. Just noticed some bits of K-os's Get Yourself High vocals cut into the tracks after Spectrum. Lots of subtle layers to this mix  :music

• Hmm... I was confused
  • The ChemBase Team
Nice mix. I was expecting something little more eclectic and fun like the 1995 mix - the acid techno honestly got pretty samey after a while - but it's not like I'm gonna complain about a 2 hour cohesive acid mix that stitches together banging tracks from decades apart. And the exclusive / alias tracks, hell yeah! Thank you!
Never for money, always for love.

• Swiper
Yeah, that Clapham Drum Ensemble track is awesome and suspiciously chems sounding. Since it uses a lot of sampler, has wigging synths and similar progression changes to NG I’d guess an chems/remix/or heavily chems mashup. Sounds like Gravity Drop’s cousin that’s hiding behind the sofa.
Anyone try Shazam on it?

• Freak Of The Week
  • Let Me In Mate
Yo that "It's So Nasty" song of theirs is pretty crazy
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Giant
  • ONE MAN WILL RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS FAMILY.
Yeah, that Clapham Drum Ensemble track is awesome and suspiciously chems sounding. ...
Anyone try Shazam on it?
Yes, multiple times. Nothing, nada, zip.

Yo that "It's So Nasty" song of theirs is pretty crazy
Now I should know better than to take you seriously but let's not perpetuate the myth.
"It's So Nasty" is just Random Jack 14 by Erhalder with an acapella over the top.
However regarding the "Unknown" by Unknown track at 45 minutes, there's a repeated vocal sample on that track too. And I think it says "nasty" (just to confuse things). Anyone agree/disagree? I also assume that's a xylophone on there (or a synth imitating one?). Which tempts me to call the unknown track, Nasty Xylophone for want of a better name.
DON'T. LOOK. DOWN.

• Freak Of The Week
  • Let Me In Mate
Awww
I was really hoping they just sat down and made a straightforward acid song ):

• Freak Of The Week
  • Let Me In Mate
Also I have never been sarcastic, made an embellishment, nor been anything other than serious in all my days on this flat earth

• Giant
  • K+D+B is godlike
no idea, no idea

• Swiper
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

• Galvanizer
45.40-52.50 min.  :music

https://youtu.be/Cd_w7joFbWI?t=2738

Each to their own.

For me, actually the only track I find myself skipping in the whole mix. (and Pete Tong's aggressively loud announcements).
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
So, Chems or no Chems is the question!

See, Wolkenkrabber, I do read your posts... eventually!
You wanna know my biggest disappointment for the live sets 2019? You wanna know? I tell you what my biggest disappointment is: I AM FUCKING NOT THERE!

• Galvanizer
Man, this is has been my go to acid mix for the past month.  Fiya.

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!