Come With Us

A new Essential Mix!

Started by Stefan, Apr 12, 2019, 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Chems or no Chems at 45:40 that is the question!?

Yes Chems
12 (92.3%)
No Chems
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Have we established that that Its so nasty track they've been playing in the latest mixes is one of theirs?:
(If the playlist is correct) It sounds like it could be an old track from the hey day not made from them though. I can't remember.

And there's am unknown track thats number 19.

I suspect the Lionrock remix from the vaults is a tribute to The Social and the mix they did there perhaps?
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Apr 13, 2019, 08:34

Have we established that that Its so nasty track they've been playing in the latest mixes is one of theirs?:
(If the playlist is correct) It sounds like it could be an old track from the hey day not made from them though. I can't remember.

And there's am unknown track thats number 19.

I suspect the Lionrock remix from the vaults is a tribute to The Social and the mix they did there perhaps?
It's so Nasty is just a vocal sample they play over an acid track

Also noticed the DHS Holofonic Sound track had the 'Take this brother may it serve you well' another tribute to the past after Lionrock remix.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

did someone record it? I had no luck at RDS (No Prodigy and No Editor

Just started recording.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

^ 0.48-0.51

IT'S MORNING TIME!

For your information, the suspiciously Chems sounding unknown track starts at 45:40

Just catching up with a bit of a jump through the mix now (was too tired last night).

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 13, 2019, 13:16

For your information, the suspiciously Chems sounding unknown track starts at 45:40
It goes on for ages (for a DJ mix): 45.40 to about 53.00. Nice Xylophones. I'm voting "Not Chems". Maybe we should do a poll? "To Chems or not to Chems?", that is the question.

Other thoughts:
The track after Bango is NOT Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez', "Make A Living". I have no idea what it is though. Anyone else?
*EDIT* My Bad: there is a tiny bit of Makin' A Living mixed within Bango. But it's not clear what the track is afterwards (electronic, instrumental), between about 9 and 13 mins, unless that's all meant to be Clapham Percussion Ensemble mentioned below...Thoughts anyone?

The track after that Kenny/Bango track is listed as Clapham Percussion Ensemble: Drum Take 7. I think this is Tom having a laugh again. It's a linking beat with the next track (Micachu: Go). Y'all may remember in the Annie Mac "Moments" mix we had The Clapham Synthesiser Ensemble - The EMS Slide, which was just a brief Chems sound effect linking a couple of tracks. Tom is making up these "Clapham Ensembles" for fun (like Bonus Beat Orchestra). I don't know why he chooses Clapham; it's an area in South London - neither of the Chems live there or come from there.

Speaking of the Anne Mac "moments" mix, that's where we previously heard the "it's so nasty" accapella. I still think that's Rick Moranis' voice from Honey I Shrunk The Kids or Honey I Blew Up The Kid. Anyone feel like checking those films?  ;D

Also on the Moments mix was TX Connect: Drip. That wasn't quite the right name then and it still isn't. It should be Gavin Guthrie: Dripping.

Nice to hear "To Say" by Jacques Green in the mix. That featured in their 2017 dj sets but it wasnt clear what the track was mixed with. Now we know: Raxon, "
" (I dont believe the word Harder should be in the artist name).

The final track "The Last Bouquet" should be by Eddie Maelov And Sunshine Patteson (aka Eddie & Sunshine). I think it's had a bit of a Chemical re-edit.
Last Edit: Apr 13, 2019, 20:02 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Send me a pm if you'd like the recording.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 13, 2019, 13:16

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 13, 2019, 14:34

It goes on for ages (for a DJ mix): 45.40 to about 53.00. Nice Xylophones. I'm voting "Not Chems". Maybe we should do a poll? "To Chems or not to Chems?", that is the question.

I could be but why name it "Unknown"? Did you anyone notice the unknown Chemical Brothers track "It's so nasty" in the tracklist? Or did I miss something? BTW, pretty banging and old school DJ set!

Quote from: Joslyn on Apr 13, 2019, 18:12

Did you anyone notice the unknown Chemical Brothers track "It's so nasty" in the tracklist? Or did I miss something?
You missed something. See Ben J's reply #21 and my reply #27. Also discussed in the Annie Mac Moments mix thread in early February.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

So Fantai (Japanese No Geography exclusive) is "just" a Got to keep on remix?

pretty funky remix, tho, don't you love that melody near the end? ;]
Eight or over.

Quote from: Joslyn on Apr 13, 2019, 19:48

So Fantai (Japanese No Geography exclusive) is "just" a Got to keep on remix?

Yes but it uses some bits of the first version of GTKO they played in their DJ Set in Lyon two years ago

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 13, 2019, 22:45

Yes but it uses some bits of the first version of GTKO they played in their DJ Set in Lyon two years ago

is there any existing recording of that early version?
perhaps maybe even free yourself while we're at it?
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Apr 13, 2019, 23:30

is there any existing recording of that early version?
perhaps maybe even free yourself while we're at it?

Free Yourself didn't really change. Only the break was added. I'll inbox you the GTKO early version

The track before Micachu - Go is undoubtedly a chems track, and a damn good one at that. Hope it comes out as a b-side to something. I didn't get a chems vibe from the unknown track at 45:40, but maybe I need to give it another listen.

I also think Fantai sounded awesome where they played it. I haven't heard it before so I thought it was a really underground GTKO remix, where the remixer didn't even use the main hook. So to me the set quite quickly entered this really intense tension zone and just didn't let up. It rode this fine line of going a bit too far, and Fantai teased a release through GTKO but never gave it to you.

Also as a big fan of Surrender, I thought the live from Orinocho Music Response was super cool. Just raw unedited synthi with the vocoder and an extra unused vocoder vocal to go with it. Proper geekgasm on that one for me.

I really liked this set. I'd call it a "difficult" set, but in a good way. Not one for a casual listen, but one to strap yourself into. Love that the chems still push hard like this.

Quote from: mfc83 on Apr 14, 2019, 11:33

The track before Micachu - ...is undoubtedly a chems track, and a damn good one at that.
This is what I was strongly hinting at in my edited post #27 above, but I rambled on a bit.
From about 9 mins to 13 mins in the mix. It appears to correlate to the artist name, Clapham Percussion Ensemble which is undoubtedly a made up Chemical name. From 9.56 to 10.10 and 10.27 to 10.41 (on Csar's recording) you can even hear rising/Shapard Tone-ish sounds. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION!!!!
If anyone says: "How did we miss this?" in a years time I will be redirecting you here with gusto!

Quote from: mfc83 on Apr 14, 2019, 11:33
I didn't get a chems vibe from the unknown track at 45:40, but maybe I need to give it another listen.
I'm 50/50 on this. Yesterday I said it wasn't but today...maybe it is. Unknown artists/titles tend to date back to white label small pressings. But these days those things are more likely to be digitally releasd - much cheaper. Tracks aren't digitally released without some sort of name. It would only be completely unknown if that's how the Chems wanted to list it.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Leaning towards "45" being a Chems track. It feels like it in so many places. Yet it isn't. There's things missing that ought to be there and certain techniques the Chems don't really use.

How can a song this good be unknown?!?!
Never for money, always for love.

The Unknown song definitely has some Chems vibes. Maybe a remix?