Maybe I Feel Out of Control

A new Essential Mix!

Started by Stefan, Apr 12, 2019, 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Chems or no Chems at 45:40 that is the question!?

Yes Chems
12 (92.3%)
No Chems
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 14, 2019, 12:41
Tracks aren't digitally released without some sort of name. It would only be completely unknown if that's how the Chems wanted to list it.

The reason for listing something as unknown is if it's still in the testing phase. A lot of producers send demos to each other, but if they're unsure how it'll go they'll ask that you leave it off tracklists. If it's a dud or they don't want to release it under a particular name, no harm done.

Listening to it again today, I'm definitely leaning more toward this not being a chems track. Too many techniques they don't use. But the underlying distorted bass element (MS-20 / MS-10 sounding thing) has a chems vibe. But a lot of MS sounds have that chems vibe... So in short, I have no idea who this track might be  ;D

I just remembered The Bonus Beat Orchestra is actually a Chems alias. So we've got two Chems tracks in disguise for sure ? (Bonus beat Orchestra and Clapham Drum Ensemble), and a probable third one ?

I'm about 3/4  through it and really enjoying so far. Just noticed some bits of K-os's Get Yourself High vocals cut into the tracks after Spectrum. Lots of subtle layers to this mix  :music

Nice mix. I was expecting something little more eclectic and fun like the 1995 mix - the acid techno honestly got pretty samey after a while - but it's not like I'm gonna complain about a 2 hour cohesive acid mix that stitches together banging tracks from decades apart. And the exclusive / alias tracks, hell yeah! Thank you!
Never for money, always for love.

Yeah, that Clapham Drum Ensemble track is awesome and suspiciously chems sounding. Since it uses a lot of sampler, has wigging synths and similar progression changes to NG I'd guess an chems/remix/or heavily chems mashup. Sounds like Gravity Drop's cousin that's hiding behind the sofa.
Anyone try Shazam on it?

Yo that "It's So Nasty" song of theirs is pretty crazy
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Biff on Apr 15, 2019, 18:24

Yeah, that Clapham Drum Ensemble track is awesome and suspiciously chems sounding. ...
Anyone try Shazam on it?
Yes, multiple times. Nothing, nada, zip.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 15, 2019, 18:40

Yo that "It's So Nasty" song of theirs is pretty crazy
Now I should know better than to take you seriously but let's not perpetuate the myth.
"It's So Nasty" is just Random Jack 14 by Erhalder with an acapella over the top.
However regarding the "Unknown" by Unknown track at 45 minutes, there's a repeated vocal sample on that track too. And I think it says "nasty" (just to confuse things). Anyone agree/disagree? I also assume that's a xylophone on there (or a synth imitating one?). Which tempts me to call the unknown track, Nasty Xylophone for want of a better name.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Awww
I was really hoping they just sat down and made a straightforward acid song ):

Also I have never been sarcastic, made an embellishment, nor been anything other than serious in all my days on this flat earth

45.40-52.50 min.  :music

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: wrclaguna on Apr 27, 2019, 18:12

45.40-52.50 min.  :music

Each to their own.

For me, actually the only track I find myself skipping in the whole mix. (and Pete Tong's aggressively loud announcements).
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

So, Chems or no Chems is the question!

See, Wolkenkrabber, I do read your posts... eventually!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Man, this is has been my go to acid mix for the past month.  Fiya.

Quote from: Csar on Apr 28, 2019, 09:08

So, Chems or no Chems is the question!

See, Wolkenkrabber, I do read your posts... eventually!

Speaking of Sasha (in the Now Playing thread), I wonder if "45" aka Nasty Xylophone could be a Sasha track, considering we know he borrowed some Chems equipment (as per the tweet below - previously mentioned in Chemicals To The World back in August).

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1164587388867424256

IT'S MORNING TIME!

The general consensus being that it's a new Chems track, we need a (cheesy, if possible) temporary name !

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 17, 2020, 09:07

The general consensus being that it's a new Chems track, we need a (cheesy, if possible) temporary name !
In my opinion: "Dibz"
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 17, 2020, 09:07

What's wrong with Nasty Xylophone?

Just throwing this out there, that the very last track on this mix "The Last Bouquet" by Eddie Maelov (or Eddie & Sunshine) could be considered a Chems edit in this instance. The actual track has vocals throughout whereas here it's an extended instrumental edit with echo/delay on some drums and the No Geography vox over top. There is enough changed from the OG for me to think it could/should be credit as such!