Just Get Yourself High

#timstwitterlisteningparty: Dig Your Own Hole

Started by Stefan, Apr 05, 2020, 08:14

Previous topic - Next topic
I remember when I was in 2nd grade my teacher would treat the best behaving students to macdonalds, I remember riding in her car she had a mix tape and for the first time ever I heard "Dig your own hole". must've been the first time I heard them and I didn't even realize it.

I must be ahead because I'm on Don't stop the rock (my least favorite one). listening closely, the drums (rims and clap) sound very similar to setting sun's live mix.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Me singing out loud RN off key.
             "sunday mornin' I'm waking up..."
                     "Can't even focus on the coffee cup..."

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1253785184383762435

EDIT:
I always shed tears for this masterpiece

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1253786899371765763
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2020, 20:46 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

No reason they shouldn't explore a 25th anniversary tour with this album.

Blah blah blah, no looking back...

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Is there such a list for Leftfield, too?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 24, 2020, 21:10

Is there such a list for Leftfield, too?
The same list it seems
no idea, no idea

Ahh, thanks!

https://twitter.com/Leftfield/status/1253794941089783809

Simply adore Melt.

Leftism is truely a gem. I remember that I got hooked when I watched Rogue Trader with Ewan McGregor on TV some 15-ish years ago and Release the Pressure played during a scene (which I didn't know then). That melody had such a huge impact on me, I had to find the title of that song. So this being pre-youtube or shazaam I googled my fingers bloody to no abvail. I believe in my desperation I contacted the TV channel where surprisingly someone did get back to me with a tracklist of some sort (can't exactly remember how it went down). The next move was to go on Kazaa, a peer sharing platform at the time (please don't judge me, I was young), to see which one it was. And man, I jumped out of my chair when that one melody finally came through the 56 modem line. I immediately bought the album afterwards and still have it to this day. Can't believe it's already 25 holes on its belt. Seems like great albums such as this or the chems' stay fresh and don't sound dated at all after all these years.
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2020, 21:52 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)