It's the Lifestyle We're Living

No Geography (the track)

Started by Mrdmus, Apr 17, 2019, 11:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Can't stop listening to it. My favourite track on the album and the best thing they've done in ages. The bit where the strings come in with the Come With Us synth at 1:58 makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I like it. It's a nice come down to the first act of the album. Wish it were longer.

I managed to trackdown an mp3 of Michael Brownstein's spoken word track 'Geography'.

https://soundcloud.com/fxd/michael-brownstein-geography

Quote from: Ford on Apr 17, 2019, 12:15

Michael Brownstein's spoken word track 'Geography'.

When he speaks on this track, those words come to life! There's a calm yet assuring feeling of bliss that overtakes me.

And it's the same feeling I get when I hear the vocals kick in on SG!

If NG gets played, I'm afraid I'm gonna get emotional. Might need a hug too.

Like I said before, this should've been the last track!
Last Edit: Apr 17, 2019, 16:00 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I want Chems to make a No Geography Part II that continues where the song left off. Be like two movements that we can mix together as one if we feel like it.

Quote from: neorev on Apr 17, 2019, 21:23

I want Chems to make a No Geography Part II that continues where the song left off. Be like two movements that we can mix together as one if we feel like it.

Something like Justice's Phantom and Phantom 2? which can be take both as the one song?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Apr 18, 2019, 00:50

Something like Justice's Phantom and Phantom 2? which can be take both as the one song?

Exactly!  :music

Perhaps they release No Geography as a single and include Part II as a b-side

think they might have an unconventional EBW version in waiting?

Doesn't sound like an EBW at all to me, but I'm very much with you guys wishing this track was longer.

Quote from: Ford on Apr 17, 2019, 12:15

I like it. It's a nice come down to the first act of the album. Wish it were longer.

I managed to trackdown an mp3 of Michael Brownstein's spoken word track 'Geography'.

https://soundcloud.com/fxd/michael-brownstein-geography

Goddamn I spent like a full hour googling every variant of "Michael Brownstein Geography" once I'd put together the puzzle pieces and the best I could manage was some broken mp3 blog links and a live reading from a university archive and now the Chems track is out and it's immediately on Soundcloud
The 60s counterculture is alive and well and they only peek their heads out when The Chemical Brothers sample them
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Also you can have him proofread your work at the generous rate of $20 an hour
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on Apr 18, 2019, 02:24

Goddamn I spent like a full hour googling every variant of "Michael Brownstein Geography" once I'd put together the puzzle pieces and the best I could manage was some broken mp3 blog links and a live reading from a university archive and now the Chems track is out and it's immediately on Soundcloud
The 60s counterculture is alive and well and they only peek their heads out when The Chemical Brothers sample them

Haha I spent a while Googling and after a while managed to find this page which has the full Dial-A-Poem Poets album tracks available to listen or download. I figured since there is nowhwere else to readily find 'Geography' I'd put it on Soundcloud for easy access.

I'm very pleased to see others enjoy this one as much as I do. When first listening to a new album, I try to go non-stop from start to finish without interruption. It was very difficult to not immediately replay this one.

My first reaction is that this would have been a perfect closing track, but I really have to give a few more full listens before forming real opinions. But I love it, I know that.

In the Bango thread I aksed if anyone can verify a sample from Information Society's Running, and I think I hear it again here at :26.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

As others have said, I feel it is over a little too soon, although it does make you come back for more...

That being said, I've done an extended mix of No Geography which you can listen to here:

Sometimes I feel like having a dessert.

I don't know if it has been already brought up here. The actor on the visuals of No Geography is Tomasz Kot - polish actor known from Cold War.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1682799/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6543652/
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

To ci TOMEK   ;D

Last Edit: Jul 02, 2019, 17:52 by wrclaguna
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Hi
I recently had a residency at a tech centre and this is what I produced for my showcase!

All the details are in the info, but it was all made in Unity, having motion captured a real dancer. All of the effects are applied live using Resolume via a Novation Launchpad - so anyone can make "their" version of the video.

I hope you like it!

midierror

Just discovered this track while browsing Beatport randomly. Hadn't looked up the CB's in awhile. Then I discovered the 2019 Glastonbury set on YT. Damn I need more.

Spoilers for the book Paused in Cosmic Reflection
I'm glad to see that even somebody who can create perfect music can also be completely wrong about something. I want need that "a lot longer" version of No Geography