You Always Get Me Up When I'm Down

Fantai

Started by satur8, Apr 18, 2019, 21:51

Previous topic - Next topic
This is my first post about this album. Yes, this comes even before talking about Bango or No Geography. Fantai is what I want to discuss.

I LIKE Got To Keep On. I like Fantai so much better.

I'd love to hear the Brothers do a few more tacks like this. I'm curious if I'm in the minority like I was with Just Bang, or if this EBW6 style instrumental is as infectious for the majority as it is for me.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I didn't opt for the Japanese version, so if anyone wants to pm me a download I'll be forever grateful!

Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: satur8 on Apr 18, 2019, 21:51

This is my first post about this album. Yes, this comes even before talking about Bango or No Geography. Fantai is what I want to discuss.

I LIKE Got To Keep On. I like Fantai so much better.

I'd love to hear the Brothers do a few more tacks like this. I'm curious if I'm in the minority like I was with Just Bang, or if this EBW6 style instrumental is as infectious for the majority as it is for me.

I didn't like the album version of GTKO but then heard Fantai and they've used the punchier bass stabs on  Fantai that they used on the live version of Got To Keep On. Fantai also has a slightly bigger house beat to it which makes me get into it more. I felt the same way as the end result of Eve of Destruction (the loss of the catchier old school funk bassline etc.) if they just used the best elements of each versions and put them together to make a more epic fulfilled song (rather than stretch out the idea into another EBW) Don't get me wrong EBWs have there place (and some I love) they are good place for them to experiment with alternative ways of a song idea which is interesting and which no other producers/musicians usually do (or release that I know of from memory).
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

GTKO > Fantai any day.
Fantai just can't keep on with these groovy beats and synths  ;D

It's obvious I'm in the minority, and I'll own it. I still love it. For the record, GTKO is one of my favorite new tracks as well.

But IMO, if there is a track that combines the dark heavy vibe from the Dig Your Own Hole era with 2019, it's Fantai (along with MAH).
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

the melodic breakdown is maybe just..too much like star guitar live..i could see a gorgeous mix using fantai to bridge GTKO and star guitar
Eight or over.

I'm loving this track so much! It sounds more textured than than Got To Keep On, but has that same crispness. The beginning is hypnotic, the subtle builds, those crazy whirring sounds. reminds me of those sweaty, smokey, loved-up, buzzy, past-midnight moments at the club from a lifetime ago. ;) I like how complete Fantai sounds on its own. Not sure if I would prefer this in context in the album but that's mainly because I think that space is nicely reserved for Got To Keep On.

I can see it is tempting to favor one over the other, but I like to think these two songs are more complimentary than anything.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.