I Know What to Do: I'm Going to Lose My Mind

3xLP w/NO download card?

Started by Crotor, Apr 27, 2019, 00:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Ahoy Chems nerds of old.

My pre-ordered 3xLP of No Geography finally arrived yesterday, with no sign of the digital download card. This happen to anyone else?

I contacted Astralwerks webshop customer service about it, and so far their reply is:
"Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! We apologize for any confusion. Please note that the product you ordered does not contain a digital album.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thank you for your patience and support,
Katie + FH Customer Care"

Needless to say I'm ready to go to the mat on this one...

Let us know how this goes.

I missed out on ordering the 3LP edition from the Universal Store and have been contemplating ordering from Astralwerks. They have shown some disorganization on a few occasions already.

Was there an email dispatch with a digital code attached, perhaps? 
Last Edit: Apr 27, 2019, 01:17 by Bosco

Nope. I replied back around 9:00 AM Pacific today, and assume I won't hear back again until Monday. Nowhere anywhere on the interwebs could I find any mention of a 3xLP box set that did NOT also proclaim a digital download card. I paid the price for the version that purportedly has the digital download, and everything else is the same - triple vinyl, white, poster insert. I'm assuming that with the production delay I just got a faulty one and that the customer service employee doesn't know what they're talking about.

Ah well, at least the thing is pretty and'll look nice cluttering my hovel.

what about the bonus tracks though? I could see them stiffing you on a full album download, but you should have received the 3 bonus tracks.

I've been dealing with the issue all week. Here is my thread with them. Also, been DM Astralwerks on Twitter with very little success.

Apr 26, 3:54 PM EDT

Going to ask.... is there any update today? It can not take this long to get this information. Especially for someone who had paid money for it.

On Apr 25, 2019, at 4:01

Hello,

Is there someone I can talk to about this.

All you need to give me is the url and the download code that was suppose to be provided with my vinyl order.

I am a fan who does not pirate music. I pay artists for their work. In this case, I paid a premium to have the additional instrumental tracks. I received the physical goods, but not the ability to access the 3 instrumental tracks. I feel like this is unfair and not a good way to treat fans who actually pay for the artists music.

#confusedfan

On Apr 25, 2019, at 3:37 PM, The Chemical Brothers <thechemicalbrothers@umgstores.com> wrote:

Jill (uMusic Customer Care)
Apr 25, 4:37 PM EDT

Hi

We are very sorry for the delay and any inconvenience. Please be assured that we are looking into rectifying this situation as soon as possible!

We will be in contact as soon as we have an update!

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Jill + uMusic Customer Care

Apr 25, 1:56 PM EDT

Sorry to be a pest. It's now been 3 days and there is not a resolution. Any update?

On Apr 24, 2019, at 11:08 AM, The Chemical Brothers <thechemicalbrothers@umgstores.com> wrote:

Apr 24, 12:08 PM EDT

Hi

We are reaching out to reassure you that we are still looking into this issue. We will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible!

Once again, our apologies for any inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns in the meantime.

Apr 23, 4:49 PM EDT

Hello,

Do you have an ETA on this? I would not think it would take long to give me this information. Considering it's something I already paid for, I'm getting rather frustrated.

Clifton (uMusic Customer Care)
Apr 23, 12:28 PM EDT

Hi

Our apologies for any inconvenience! We are looking into this issue for you and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible.

Clifton + uMusic Customer Care

Apr 22, 7:58 PM EDT

This is a follow-up to your previous request #1091849 "Re: Order conf..."

Hello,

I received my order today. However the download card for the bonus tracks was not included.

Please send me a link to that ASAP. Very disappointed that it was not included as that is one of the main reasons I made this purchase.

I would also like the download card mailed to me in addition to receiving the info via email.

Thank You,

This email is a service from uMusic Customer Care. Delivered by Zendesk
[7OWL36-47RM]

Oy vey ist *yiddish for us*

Okay, not going to hold my breath on this one, just scour the interwebs for pirated versions of files that I paid for...

mesamm99, I'm confused, did you purchase from Astralwerks or Universal Music Store?

Your email thread says your messaging between uMusic (which I presume is Universal Music)

I feel your frustration, guys. This sucks. I'm hopping you can get a statement out of them because I would like to order the 3LP in the near future.

Edit: this seems to be a problem with the 2xLP too. It's mentioned in the 'No Geography' album thread https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,1313.msg18739.html#msg18739

2xLP

3xLP

The only difference being the 2xLP is not supposed to receive bonus tracks. It seems like Astralwerks is definately the culprit. They probably didn't package either LP version with download codes.
Last Edit: Apr 27, 2019, 04:31 by Bosco

I also didn't get mine. I'll be getting in contact w/ them too.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 27, 2019, 03:29

mesamm99, I'm confused, did you purchase from Astralwerks or Universal Music Store?

Your email thread says your messaging between uMusic (which I presume is Universal Music)

I ordered from Astralwerks.  They say that the shop is actually in the UK which is crazy. The 3LP was manufactured in the Czech Republic so I guess the UK is not that outrageous.

Either way.... makes no damn sense.

Oh dang. The 2xLP was supposed to have a download code after all?? That's such a bummer. I deliberately went to buy it on the day so that I would have an "official" way of listening to the album, but after finding no code I had to just pirate it like many others I imagine (my turntable is still in the UK, so that was sadly never an option).

I'd still be interested in receiving a card with the download code. I'd definitely replace the digital copy in my iTunes and probably do something fun with the card itself too. 
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Just tweeted at Astralwerks. Let's see if I get a reaction.

E-mail from Astralwerks today:

"Hi there,

Our apologies for any inconvenience! We are looking into this issue for you and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible.

Katie + FH Customer Care"

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 27, 2019, 16:58

Oh dang. The 2xLP was supposed to have a download code after all?? That's such a bummer.

Astralwerks just played us y'all!

I still stream the album, but I think it's the attention to details thats missing here!

ASTRALWERKS FACTORY

Random werehouse guy: hey boss! We're low on DL cards!
Boss: So, what do you want me to do about it?
Random werehouse guy: nevermind
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 27, 2019, 03:29

It seems like Astralwerks is definately the culprit. They probably didn't package either LP version with download codes.

Wouldn't be funny if they responded like this....

HI! OUR APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

WE ARE CURRENTLY OUT OF DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARDS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE INCLUDED IN THE VINYL ALBUM VERSION.

IN A FEW DAYS, WE WILL PROVIDE A LINK AND A RELEASE DATE SO YOU CAN PRE-ORDER THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARDS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND SUPPORT!

KATIE

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

They need to do something soon to rectify this problem or they're only gonna hurt their reputation further (especially on this forum) by not giving some priority to this issue.

Quote from: Crotor on Apr 27, 2019, 00:59

I'm assuming that with the production delay I just got a faulty one and that the customer service employee doesn't know what they're talking about.
Yeah, I'd assume that, too, since their own ordering website does unmistakably state that this deluxe box contains a download card for the instrumentals:
https://shop.astralwerks.com/products/the-chemical-brothers-no-geography-3lp-exclusive-box-set

Even the 2LP is supposed to have that card, though not mentioniong for what exactly.
https://shop.astralwerks.com/products/the-chemical-brothers-no-geography-2lp

Did you include this link in your email?

I agree with Bosco and everyone else, they should resolve this issue asap because this isn't how you treat your customers. I don't get this kind of ignorance anyway. Why wouldn't you want to look into this matter as quickly as you can and instead put off your buyers with meaningless replies? Grab a darn phone and ask the guys at Universal or whatever. I mean, the release date was known to them far in advance and the conditions that were attached to each bundle (that info was surely handed to them by Universal). Why there would be any confusion over this is beyond me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

In my follow-up communication with them I dropped the link on them. No updates from them since the last e-mail I posted on here Saturday. I'm pinging them again today.

Another 3xLP order here with no download card and no resolution yet. I'm also asking them to replace my jackets and sleeves that have split seams.

Here is the latest I have received from Universal Music Group... total joke....

Apr 29, 10:14 AM EDT

Thank you for your patience. We wanted to reassure that we are currently working with the client to rectify this issue as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we do not have direct access at this moment to music associated with the download cards. We sincere apologies for your experience and any frustration caused.

Please be assured that as soon as we have the official word of how this situation is being rectified, we will loop you in immediately.

Once again, we apologize that this occurred and for any inconvenience.

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Apr 28, 12:05 PM EDT

Thank you for reaching out. Our apologies for the lack of response and any inconvenience! We have escalated your issue to management and are looking into this issue for you. We will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible.

This is an embarrasing situation. The 3xLP bundle was explicitly advertized as premium with premium features. How can anyone not know what that actually means? If I sell premium items, I wanna make sure I know everything about them, promote them accordingly and check whether they arrived as described in the terms of agreement.
In hindsight this makes sort of sense now as there was already confusion about what's actually inside those packages when Universal apparently put up different infos for different regions on their e-shops. What a total mess, and an absolutely avoidable one at that.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)