Love Is All

3xLP w/NO download card?

Started by Crotor, Apr 27, 2019, 00:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Tom and Ed went into the warehouse, the night before shipping, and took all the cards out.

It was their eve of destruction
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 30, 2019, 17:23

Tom and Ed went into the warehouse, the night before shipping, and took all the cards out.

It was their eve of destruction

If those cards could talk while being imprisoned in that shrink-wrapped record, I'd bet they say 'free yourself'

And I'm done with puns for today!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 01, 2019, 21:18

Quote from: Csar on Feb 01, 2019, 17:06

Maybe they wanna trick us Germans into that deluxe deal?
yeah, japan itunes germany exclusive tracks

just kidding, me think the download-links will be lost like the further unmixed links...

just sayin'...
no idea, no idea

Further - digital tracks first didn't work, then were low quality MP3s that weren't alternate unmixed versions like Tom wanted them to be
Born in the Echoes - screwed up the bonus tracks listed on the 3xLP
No Geography - differing info between regions, no download cards for bonus tracks, scuffed sleeves

how does this keep happening? I get it's a big system but, is there no one doing quality control?
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 30, 2019, 20:17

Further - digital tracks first didn't work, then were low quality MP3s that weren't alternate unmixed versions like Tom wanted them to be
Born in the Echoes - screwed up the bonus tracks listed on the 3xLP
No Geography - differing info between regions, no download cards for bonus tracks, scuffed sleeves

how does this keep happening? I get it's a big system but, is there no one doing quality control?

As Pumisher would say..."OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!" (but would prefer him to say it! Its more profound)

I know it sucks for all those bothered by this even though no ones gonna owe up to it!

Only think I see happening is an email from Astralwerks with a link to DL all the tracks that were promised.

I give a week for this to happen!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Sounds very similar to what I got today
"Hi Zac,

Thank you for your reply. Your feedback has been noted and will promptly be reviewed by our staff.  We would like to apologize for your experience and any inconvenience. 

We wanted to reassure that we are currently working with the client to rectify this issue as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we do not have direct access at this moment to music associated with the download cards. Our sincere apologies for your experience and any frustration caused.

Please be assured that as soon as we have the official word of how this situation is being rectified, we will loop you in immediately.

Once again, we apologize that this occurred and for any inconvenience.

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience and support,
Jill + FH Customer Care"

Quote from: mesamm99 on Apr 30, 2019, 12:59
3xLP

I finally received a resolution. Although, it was not from Universal. Rather, from Astralwerks twitter account. They sent me a link to the tracks to download. No clue why that took a week to do.

Secondly, I told them that they need to make this up to the fans somehow. They offered me 25% off my next Astralwerks order. It's something, but I have major doubt that I'll use it after this fiasco.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 30, 2019, 20:17

I received a download card with my order from Universal Music Australia, but the package itself is still the Virgin Music, Made in Czech edition that it seems like the whole world gets. Would have thought the download card would be included at source, not by local record labels.

I find it acorss a whole range of things, not just this, but everywhere - most people don't give a shit, lack attention to detail and are just whittling away the hours before they can clock off and go home.

Quote from: Ford on May 01, 2019, 01:36

I find it acorss a whole range of things, not just this, but everywhere - most people don't give a shit, lack attention to detail and are just whittling away the hours before they can clock off and go home.
I wonder if that's a reflex of a toxic work environment?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: LLG on Apr 29, 2019, 23:54

Another 3xLP order here with no download card and no resolution yet. I'm also asking them to replace my jackets and sleeves that have split seams.
I got an update this morning: "Regarding the download card: You should be in receipt of an update concerning how this will be taken care of very soon."

Who had the stupid idea to release a triple vinyl box with 3 sides (A.B and E) 45rpm and 3 sides 33 1/3 rpm (C,D and F). I don't get it. Either go for 33 /13 on all discs and add some bonus tracks or 45 rpm on all of them and add a disc if there's not enough space.

Mine arrived today, and I thought I might have also been stiffed. But the download card was inside the sleeve containing the A/B record. Downloads worked, wav and mp3.

Wish the instrumental of EOD didn't contain Nene's vocals though. Weird choice to keep them in, for an instrumental.

Quote from: mfc83 on May 07, 2019, 11:24

But the download card was inside the sleeve containing the A/B record.
I wonder if that's where mine is and I didn't notice. I'll have to double check the sleeves. Thanks for the tip.

Scoured all my box set again, still no card. Still refrains of "we're working on it" from customer service. Anyone get any relief from customer service, not just from Astralwerks Twitter?

No luck here from the Universal Music store. Over 3 weeks is rather insane that they can't give an easy resolution.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Apr 30, 2019, 23:37

I finally received a resolution. Although, it was not from Universal. Rather, from Astralwerks twitter account. They sent me a link to the tracks to download. No clue why that took a week to do.

Secondly, I told them that they need to make this up to the fans somehow. They offered me 25% off my next Astralwerks order. It's something, but I have major doubt that I'll use it after this fiasco.
Today, I got the same links from Astralwerks via email with a 10% off next order code. The tracks are VBR MP3 and while I would've wanted WAV also, I'm just glad I got the tracks I was supposed to get. I don't understand why they can't just generate a few more download codes for everyone like what was supposed to come in the box, but I'm not in their shoes.

Quote from: LLG on May 18, 2019, 01:21

Today, I got the same links from Astralwerks via email with a 10% off next order code. The tracks are VBR MP3 and while I would've wanted WAV also, I'm just glad I got the tracks I was supposed to get. I don't understand why they can't just generate a few more download codes for everyone like what was supposed to come in the box, but I'm not in their shoes.

I'm pretty positive WAV was an option with the download card. It's bulltshit that they gave you VBR MP3. I'll never order from Universal or Astralwerks ever after this.