Exit Planet Dust

Eve Of Destruction

Started by Enjoyed, Apr 27, 2019, 18:54

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 12, 2019, 15:28

Quote from: Csar on Jun 12, 2019, 09:37

Yeah, do that, Hstn! I believe Tom, Ed, Marcus and Adam would really appreciate that!
Quote from: JRSZ on Jun 12, 2019, 00:01

you should post it on the instagram tagging chems and Aurora :D

DONE IT!

So far only Nene and Esther have noticed! (it really means a lot you guys enjoy it, these visuals and the song have been my most favorite of the new chems material!)

I saw a lot of other fan work too and it's just...wow!!!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Put it on FB or twitter!

Just did a test-print with the poster on our new printer. Looks splendid. Now, I gotta find me a nice fitting t-shirt...
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 12, 2019, 15:43

Put it on FB or twitter!

Just did a test-print with the poster on our new printer. Looks splendid. Now, I gotta find me a nice fitting t-shirt...

OMG PLEASE SHOW ME!

(i ended up tweeting it too btw!)

Quote from: JRSZ on Jun 12, 2019, 00:01

No need to thank

This one is amazing :D
you should post it on the instagram tagging chems and Aurora :D

"Don't thank

just let it go"
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

^Lovely stuff.

There's one thing about this track - album version, single edit, live - that I think would make it better. A melodic break. A "middle eight", whatever you want to call it.
Eve is a track that always feels like it's building to something but I don't think it ever quite reaches musical climax.
Using an early 90's example (because Eve has an early 90's feel to it) Moby's Go wouldn't be as good without
in the middle.
Some sort of melodic piano or synth solo in there would really put the icing on the cake for me.
And that's all I have to say about that.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Eve of Dubstruction was just released. Like the name suggests, it's a dub of EoD. It kind of sounds like the first version they played 2 years ago at DJ Sets, with the "Ah ah" vocals. It has some additional lyrics also

Video is unavailable for me in Canada. Possible "flashback" Friday post for tomorrow? Would make sense being that it's Friday in Europe now.

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Jun 21, 2019, 00:14

Video is unavailable for me in Canada. Possible "flashback" Friday post for tomorrow? Would make sense being that it's Friday in Europe now.
More likely, it will be HBHG and OoC videos remastered. They're in 1080p now on YouTube

Edit: Life is Sweet as well

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 21, 2019, 00:21
More likely, it will be HBHG and OoC videos remastered. They're in 1080p now on YouTube

Edit: Life is Sweet as well
That's a lot more fun! I thought an EoD Remix was too recent for this campaign but the time of day seemed right

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 21, 2019, 00:11

Eve of Dubstruction was just released. Like the name suggests, it's a dub of EoD. It kind of sounds like the first version they played 2 years ago at DJ Sets, with the "Ah ah" vocals. It has some additional lyrics also

not available :(

Unavailable for me too. Ben_j can you still hear it?

HYPED to hear this. I called it too - InChem and Ryno you can confirm me predicting an alt version of EoD would be released in the car on the way to the Shrine.
Never for money, always for love.

I heard a 30 second preview on Facebook, this version might make it easier for a remake of the live version
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 21, 2019, 01:22

Perhaps because it's still Thursday chez vous?
Works for me. And it's groovy!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

HYPED to hear this. I called it too - InChem and Ryno you can confirm me predicting an alt version of EoD would be released in the car on the way to the Shrine.

Nostradamus ladies and gentleman!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

This version is very freestyle don't stop the rock
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Confirmed. Also remembering dirty dog now.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Holy smokes. One of my album's favorites. The bros keep on banging! The beginning also reminds me a bit of the KLF.
— Aurora (The Seed)

THAT OUTRO
Never for money, always for love.

Love the fact that Eve of Dubstruction have the unused vocals and reuses the first bassline :D
Absolute love!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?