Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

Eve Of Destruction

Started by Enjoyed, Apr 27, 2019, 18:54

Previous topic - Next topic
^ and it borrows sounds from the live version. Pretty damn good release.

For some reason I thought the ending sounded perfect to mix into these beats are made for breakin.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Sneaker on Jun 21, 2019, 06:36

This version is very freestyle don't stop the rock

yes, wow, didn't think of that til i read this, now can't unhear that. love it.
Eight or over.

Picked up the lossless of Dubstruction. Let's hope the Bros give us more alternate versions of other tracks like this. I still want a No Geography Pt. II that continues where No Geography leaves off.

Quote from: neorev on Jun 21, 2019, 18:36

Picked up the lossless of Dubstruction. Let's hope the Bros give us more alternate versions of other tracks like this. I still want a No Geography Pt. II that continues where No Geography leaves off.

there must of been a ton of ideas that were left out from NG. And with this new energy of ditchin new tech for old basement gear, NG Part II could be just as good!

Imagine the vast chemical universe not yet explored! And we only get a glimpse of that with the OOC 21 minute suite.

I'm totally in love with this dubstruction (the name is genius too). It's the best dub since Go! A minor thing is the little too faint vocals. Wished Aurora would come out a bit louder.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

On Spotify there is a "storyline" feature which has tidbits of facts about the song (from an interview with Tom) describing the song and the process of making it. There's also pictures from the visuals, I won't spoil the info for now but was a fun little read.

Let's hope the Bros give us more alternate versions of other tracks like this. I still want a No Geography Pt. II that continues where No Geography leaves off.
Seconded x1000

Loving the Dubstruction. It's crisp sounding and feels so effervescent, but moodier with a nice glimmering treatment on the vocals.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hmmm, I clearly prefer the normal track. Dubstruction sounds a bit erratic to me and doesn't pack the punch of the album track. In  my opinion, they made the right choice which version to include on the album.

Maybe, in 20 years time, they will release the 10 minute version which that track deserves.

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 22, 2019, 06:58

Hmmm, I clearly prefer the normal track. Dubstruction sounds a bit erratic to me and doesn't pack the punch of the album track. In  my opinion, they made the right choice which version to include on the album.

I agree to a point here too - in context of No Geography, the original track works best, in both length and punch. I do love this alternate version though.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 22, 2019, 06:58

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jun 22, 2019, 07:26

I agree to a point here too - in context of No Geography, the original track works best, in both length and punch. I do love this alternate version though.
Yep, the album version works just great for the album and it's a bit more "to the point". Dubstruction is the Chems just going nuts with a track and exploring some different routes. Like with Go Edge of Control it brings out exciting new aspects for me. That's what I love about this concept. It's basically like their live performance mindset, to go off the beaten path. That's what I'm always looking forward to in their sets. Those gems of alternative takes on tracks I love, you know, like the 2007 Golden Path Acid madness or the Apple 2015 Snow Surface and Escape Velocity versions etc.

I'm glad they're sharing this with us.

Quote from: Biff on Jun 21, 2019, 22:47

On Spotify there is a "storyline" feature which has tidbits of facts about the song (from an interview with Tom) describing the song and the process of making it. There's also pictures from the visuals, I won't spoil the info for now but was a fun little read.
Is there a way to listen to this elsewhere? I don't have spotify. I'd very much like to be spoiled!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Fond of the few seconds on Dubstructiom where they go back to the original bassline from those DJ set recordings of the song
But still kinda wish we'd gotten that version along with this  :-[
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: hstn on Jun 11, 2019, 21:40

Quote from: Csar on Jun 11, 2019, 20:30

Terrific poster, Hstn! Love it. Could you do a non-black (transparent) version so that I could print it on a t-shirt?

this was honestly the best I could do! (apologies about the particles, I used a rather unorthodox program for this!)

I hope you're not mad as hell, Hstn, but i needed a new Coffee Mug Of Destruction

I removed the "The Chemical Brothers" and "Eve Of Destruction" writing
Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 20:56 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 25, 2019, 19:29

this was honestly the best I could do! (apologies about the particles, I used a rather unorthodox program for this!)

I hope you're not mad as hell, Hstn, but i needed a new Coffee Mug Of Destruction

I'd removed the "The Chemical Brothers" and "Eve Of Destruction" writing

SALFHSLKDHGDSKJ HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS AMAZINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

OF COURSE I DON'T MIND!!!!!! (cheeky reference ;) )

if this were a black mug I'd be freaking out so much more than I am rn!  :))
Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 20:09 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

You should sell those mugs Pumisher!

The noise at 5.16 on Dubstruction reminds me of
on Professional Widow, but dampened down a bit.
Ok, bye.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The Only two things that I miss in dubstruction are that synth riff and Weekend sample somwehere :D
but beside it it's perfect as it is really need more alternative mixes like in the good old days :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Additional visuals for EOD for the Fuji Rock gig by the looks of things!

Yes the limited edition Nene visual!!she looks cute!

Nice of them to do this for Fuji rock!