Remember, Remember, No Geography

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Keep in mind, not only do you have to pay 12/15 quid extra for the 10" in the bundle, it also bumps up your postage cost as well by a few quid.

I'd say this launch has well and truly been bungled by Universal Music. Misleading communication.

Can I cancel?  I ordered Monday afternoon.  And if I canceled my Universal order and ordered through the Chem's shop with the bundle, would it still be available?  And also, didn't they say it was supposed to be included with an early enough purchase? 

I'm sure you can cancel. Check their T&C's
If you're afraid to end up without the 10": buy the bundle simultaneously through the Chem's store.
The press release stated that you have a chance to get it if you order the box early. Which lead people to believe it would be added as a gift. But it simply referred to the the possibility to buy a bundle (which were not available at that time due to a mistake) as long as the 10"es aren't sold out. The 10" was never meant to be a free gift for early-purchasers.
Last Edit: Jun 14, 2019, 16:04 by M_O_N_O

If you want to cancel your uDiscover order, there's a form to submit on this page: https://store.udiscovermusic.com/help/ under "PLACING & CANCELLING ORDERS > How do I cancel my order?"

To throw a spanner in the works, I emailed uDiscovermusic asking about the wording of a bonus 10" disc and whether it would be included in the preorder of the 4LP for £85 and got this response:

Thank you for your message.

After escalating your query I can conform your order will contain the extra Electronic Battle Weapon 3 & 4 on coloured 10" vinyl.

We hope you place an order with us soon.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Did you place your order while the 10"es were still available separately and no bundles online?

If that's the case, than that's really good customer service.

No, hadn't ordered, but my question was framed that way, asking if I ordered in the future. I'm not sure what's going on.

In that case I doubt that the answer is correct: why should the £85 4LP box include the 10" when there's a  £100 4LP + 10" bundle?

What about the Kate Gibbb prints and the book? Are these available anywhere or were they limited as well? I _really_ want even just 1 print from Surrender era, it's my fave artwork.

Quote from: mfc83 on Jun 15, 2019, 05:55

What about the Kate Gibbb prints and the book? Are these available anywhere or were they limited as well? I _really_ want even just 1 print from Surrender era, it's my fave artwork.

The Kate Gibb prints will be part of both the 3CD+DVD boxset and the 4LP+DVD boxset.
As confirmed by Errol on Facebook.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Has anyone else mentioned the absence of HBHG Extended? I thought for sure that would be included, seeing as there's never been a digital release of that version. I also think it's kinda funny that the Soulwax remix is on there since that was like a decade after the Surrender era.
I feel like I'm being too negative? Just some observations.

Overall I'm very excited for this, I feel like Surrender is one of the more deserving albums to receive this kind of treatment and I cannot wait for those secret psychedelic mixes  ;D

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 16, 2019, 07:06

The Kate Gibb prints will be part of both the 3CD+DVD boxset and the 4LP+DVD boxset.
As confirmed by Errol on Facebook.

Thank you sir, then it's time for me to preorder  8)

Quote from: Hutch108 on Jun 17, 2019, 18:30

Has anyone else mentioned the absence of HBHG Extended? I thought for sure that would be included, seeing as there's never been a digital release of that version. I also think it's kinda funny that the Soulwax remix is on there since that was like a decade after the Surrender era.

Overall I'm very excited for this, I feel like Surrender is one of the more deserving albums to receive this kind of treatment and I cannot wait for those secret psychedelic mixes  ;D

By the extended version, do you mean the one on the Australian release? If so, it's available via CD!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jun 17, 2019, 23:29

By the extended version, do you mean the one on the Australian release? If so, it's available via CD!

And it's on vinyl

Juno has the releases up - the 4LP and 3CD are a bit more than official store prices - but can remove VAT and should also hopefully have much more acceptable international shipping costs too. I can live without the EBWs.

EDIT - also on Amazon Canada and UK too: https://www.amazon.ca/Surrender-20th-Anniversary-4LP-Vinyl/dp/B07TB5V7R3/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surrender-Anniversary-VINYL-Chemical-Brothers/dp/B07TB5V7R3/?tag=sdepcw-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surrender-20th-Anniversary-Chemical-Brothers/dp/B07TD9TY2C/?tag=sdepcw-21

Here are the prices to get the 4LP and 3CD shipped from Amazon UK to the USA (can't ship to Australia, very annoyed):

4LP: £70.82
3CD: £33.32
Shipping: £4.06

Total: £108.20
Last Edit: Jun 21, 2019, 02:44 by Ford

the price at amazon.ca is pretty decent..CAD142 which is ≈£84 at the moment
Eight or over.

wow this is pretty messed up. I don't recall why I ended up ordering from, udiscover but they definitely marketed the EBW bonus as "be one of the first to order" not "pay more and only from the official store".

curious if anyone has tried canceling their udiscover order? it appears the set w/ EBW is still available at the official store.

I have been noticing that Kevin Westenberg (photographer from the "Surrender" period) is going through shots that "won't make the cut" (ie. box set book) but are rather great to see again and also his description of the photo shoot itself...

Simply cannot wait for this beauty! #turnuptheexcitementlevel !!

I canceled my uDiscover order without an issue. I used the link provided above to do it, easy.

I then went to order the version with EBW from the official site, saw the shipping fees everyone was complaining about, and suddenly had regrets.

then I remembered I got a small unexpected bonus from work last week which will cover the cost. wahoo!

Quote from: Hutch108 on Jun 17, 2019, 18:30

I initially thought the same. The Soulwax version is incredible, but it seems like the rare Australian extended version would be a better fit on this retrospective. And yeah, it's available on CD, but the sound quality of that pressing is lacking in IMO, especially now that we'll have the rest in updated EQ. However, the official site says,"Disc 3 B sides and Remixes as curated by The Chemical Brothers", so apparently Tom and Ed made the call and I'm cool with that.

----

So, can anyone save me some clicks and tell me the final answer on the best link to order from. I'm looking to get 3 CD / DVD set, but cannot access the order link on the official site. It may be my firewall at work and I will try again from home, but if someone wants to give the short answer it would be appreciated!

Last Edit: Jul 24, 2019, 20:12 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?