I Know What to Do: I'm Going to Lose My Mind

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
I can't stop listening to this clip! It sounds go great

Apparently Noel Gallagher is on this mix too.
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Oct 01, 2019, 16:15
Apparently Noel Gallagher is on this mix too.
I saw that on a July post on the Avalanches subreddit just now. Is it posted/confirmed elsewhere?

The KiNK remix of HBHG is premiering tonight on Zane Lowe's show on iTunes

Hey Boy Hey Girl (The Secret Psychedelic Mix) is out ! (Thanks Explud for the heads up)

They used bits of it in the latest live version of the track. I'm a little bit disapointed as I expected these Secret Psychedelic Mixes to be demo versions. I thought it would be the close to the HBHG version from the Osaka 1997 live. Not the most original mix tbh. I hope the 21mn mix of Out of Control is better than that :)

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 01, 2019, 17:24

The KiNK remix of HBHG is premiering tonight on Zane Lowe's show on iTunes
Well you say premiering. We already heard 4+ minutes of it on BBC Radio 1 as per this.

When they say below, "new and unreleased mixes" (plural) I wonder if they mean the KiNK remix plus the psychedelic mix, or could there be more HBHG mixes as well?

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1179082203294310401

KiNK mix on youtube:
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=cxA2ttk6i-M&list=RDAMVMcxA2ttk6i-M

EDIT: Anyone want an advertisement?

Last Edit: Oct 01, 2019, 18:24 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Bugger they put the date back.

Was the 18th October i thought? Now the 22nd November. That's quite a delay

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Oct 01, 2019, 21:09

Bugger they put the date back.

Was the 18th October i thought? Now the 22nd November. That's quite a delay

Only Amazon lists it as 22nd of November, all the other stores still list the october date. Where did you see November ?

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 01, 2019, 18:00
I expected these Secret Psychedelic Mixes to be demo versions.
Is it not? I mean I know it's not the breakbeat version but this could still have been an alternate studio take from back then?
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 01, 2019, 21:22

Is it not? I mean I know it's not the breakbeat version but this could still have been an alternate studio take from back then?
I'm not sure, it sounds pretty modern

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 01, 2019, 21:21

Only Amazon lists it as 22nd of November, all the other stores still list the october date. Where did you see November ?

On the surrender 20 advert on YouTube. It in the text of the video description

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 23, 2019, 23:00

WOW that is cheap. I'm not going to look up how much I paid.

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 01, 2019, 21:21

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Oct 01, 2019, 21:27

Mmm good point. Also mentioned at the bottom of this article:
https://twitter.com/residentadvisor/status/1179108459234648065

IT'S MORNING TIME!

The KiNK mix got added to the end of CD3. No word on the Avalanches remix being added.

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Oct 01, 2019, 21:27

Weird, I looked there and didn't see it at first.
I'm very sad 😭

I think it's cool. Glad to get to hear some unearthed material. If it really was an old version of the song, I think it's fun they went back and used it to spice up the current live version.

I never thought that I would live to see the time when Chems will adjust their music according to the EDM and themselves will remix themselves for the sake of youth...
God.. T&E, what are you doing?
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Oct 01, 2019, 23:45

I never thought that I would live to see the time when Chems will adjust their music according to the EDM and themselves will remix themselves for the sake of youth...
God.. T&E, what are you doing?

???

Remix themselves for EDM? What are you talking about? The Psychedelic Mixes are old versions of songs they discovered. They didn't remix HBHG today to make it more EDM. This is an old unreleased mix. If anything, Chems were ahead of the game years ago with these Psychedelic Mixes making what you think is today's EDM music.

They already had EDM producers remixing them. Born In The Echoes had loads of them.

It was a really cool joke, if it was produced in 90's. But.. i don't believe for it
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 01, 2019, 21:26

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 01, 2019, 21:22

I'm not sure, it sounds pretty modern

Does it? It sounds like a demo version to me. Reminds me of Camisra from 1998.
I certainly don't see how it sways towards any current trends in electronic music. Feels like it could have been a super early take, the Brothers just trying to get down some ideas built around the acid line and the Roof is on Fire sample.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning