Listen to Your Heart

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
German rolling stone magazine has a competition to win the box set

https://www.rollingstone.de/gewinnen-surrender-boxset-von-den-chemical-brothers-1868095/

Can't find any terms & conditions saying only germans are allowed to join in, so feel free to try your luck
no idea, no idea

Quote from: neorev on Nov 26, 2019, 03:10

Curious what the 3CD packaging is like, is it a digipack or box?

Found these pics on eBay, apparently comes in a 8 panel digipack sleeve.

I think I made a mistake not ordering the Japanese version.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Nov 26, 2019, 19:37

I think I made a mistake not ordering the Japanese version.

I wanna pick up the 3CD, just don't got the cash for it right now after the US boxset and Underworld Drift boxset.

I wanna hear the Fuji Rock disc so bad. I love live show recordings.

Quote from: neorev on Nov 26, 2019, 19:44
I wanna pick up the 3CD, just don't got the cash for it right now after the US boxset and Underworld Drift boxset.

I wanna hear the Fuji Rock disc so bad. I love live show recordings
Not gonna lie, I also prefer the form factor. The vinyl size package is beautiful, but I didn't need that. No complaints, I'm happy. :)
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Nov 26, 2019, 21:29

Not gonna lie, I also prefer the form factor. The vinyl size package is beautiful, but I didn't need that. No complaints, I'm happy. :)

The Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie CD set was also vinyl sized. It is quite pretty with the CDs housed in this purplish red velvety felt holder. The rest of their reissues came in CD sized boxes, like Brotherhood. The Aeroplane Flies High set is probably my fave, the box and CD sleeves done in this colorful reflective material, each their own color and design.

P.S. I would gladly throw a few bucks for a lossless rip of the Fuji Rock CD until I csn pick up my own copy. ;)

I have all the Chem Bros albums' Japan editions, so my OCD collector's brain is in the red right now not having the Japan edition of this. My favorite are the Japan Modern Masters edition of Exit Planet Dust, Dig Your Own Hole, Surrender, Come With Us, and Brothers Gonna Work It Out as they're CD sized versions of the vinyl releases done in sleeves and gatefolds like their vinyl counterparts.

I decided to order off of amazon. after my coinstar voucher I only had to pay $17 more, too good to pass up. I literally saved up in my piggy bank for this.

Quote from: shakermaker on Nov 27, 2019, 01:46

I decided to order off of amazon. after my coinstar voucher I only had to pay $17 more, too good to pass up. I literally saved up in my piggy bank for this.

Sweet! Looks like there's more copies available and the price is sticky for now.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Follow up regarding remasters: Upon further listens, I am wondering if Surrender (the track) is actually fuller and more textured or if I am just grasping for changes and have forgotten how beautiful this track actually is.

I have a Japanese 3x CD!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

I bought the album (3CD+DVD) last Friday at a consumer electronic store. They had only one in stock, and at first I thought it was the vinyl version.

The package is gorgeous. I've always loved Gibbs artwork, and here it can really shine! Can we have this for every album, pretty please? I still have to read the massive booklet, so far I just leafed through it.

As for the music, the Psychedelic Mixes sound really fun, like a different stage in the progress of making a Chems song, they feel less polished and edited like the known versions. The LFB mix gives us a glimpse into what a live version could possibly be like. I also thought "this is what LFB would sound like were it an DYOH track.
Currently listening through the Curated CD. I don't mind that there's not much new stuff on it, just to have a proper version of Soulwax HBHG and Enjoyed makes this CD worth it. Also, the fantastic Sasha remix of OOC is new to me. 

Final thoughts: I love that this re-issue lets me kind of rediscover the release of Surrender (back when it was originally released, I didn't even know the Chemical Brothers. My oldest memory is seeing the video of Star Guitar on MTV or VIVA, but Stupid Past Me didn't like the music back then). It's amazing how fresh the music still sounds, 20 years on.
Last Edit: Nov 27, 2019, 20:39 by Stefan

On top of Out Of Control (The Avalanches Surrender To Love Mix) dropping Friday...

So is THIS...

I posted info for this release in the Flashback Friday thread.

P.S. The Avalanches remix will be available in hi-res

Blasting The Avalanches remix right now ;D
And it's nice to finally have a digital edition of HBHG Radio Edit and Extended (yes, i had the CD rips)
Last Edit: Nov 28, 2019, 22:49 by neorev

About that download card that's in our boxsets...

Hi - thank you for contacting us.

I am very sorry but there has been a delay in us obtaining the audio for this title from the record label. We hope to receive it in the next few days. You will be able to validate a unique code and download the album once it becomes available.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the wait.

Kind regards
Support

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Many thanks! I just wanted to confirm that mine doesn't work as well....

So as always in recent whirly fashion, I've avoided online spoilers... and I'm late to the party. So much so, I'm not getting my box set until later today as I had only ordered it last week when I went to pick up my copy of 21 minutes of madness mix from the shop. It's a pretty penny to plunk down for this box set which was part of my delay. But this release is a good way for my hubs to gift our upcoming silver wedding anniversary with something I really want and know I will get years of enjoyment from. <3 Cannot wait to head to the shop (which is quite a ways from where I live) this afternoon to not only support an old local dj who runs it, but revel in the opportunity to support a milestone release from my favorite band.

We did however download the digital version last weekend and took an impromptu road day-trip for the occasion - listened to it in its full glory as we drove out to the desert, then listened to the psychedelic mixes with new ears whilst driving along winding switchbacks up to the snow-dust covered mountains.

So many memories the album conjures up which gave us plenty to chat and reminisce about with the music as our backdrop. The mixes got our undivided first-listen attention (lest we careen off the side of the mountain, haha). My favorite of the bunch at the moment is Let Forever Be. What I enjoy most about the mixes is they have a rawness to them that feel like late night rambling studio jams. So glad these were unearthed - behind Tom's sofa maybe? ;) - and made available for us to listen to. As a whole though, 20 years on and the music has weathered the years so well. 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Can you believe the Japanese 3CD edition I ordered 2 days after the release is getting delivered today, while the 4CD boxset I ordered in June on UDiscover, coming from the UK, still hasn't arrived ? Never ordering from them again...