Just Get Yourself High

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow. What a fucking beautiful package. The book is stunning. Really nicely put together.
The write ups are wonderful and the whole thing looks seriously amazing. Well done to everyone involved.

Now. I won't be able to listen to it until possibly Wednesday at the earliest - but HECK YEAH am I ready to dive in.

Side note. Did anyone have any trouble using The Sound of Vinyl download code that came with the EBWs? I don't exactly need a copy of them (I was kind of hoping it would be for the whole anniversary package - I like to have legit downloads of things I've bought) but try as I might to download, the code ain't workin'!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I had problems downloading and raised a ticket with the support.

There were two download codes in my edition. One of them is now accepted and downloaded.
The second still doesn't work.

Welp, I'm fucked. The distribution center where my parcel (Japanese 3CD edition) is got 1 ton of merchandise stollen by two new delivery guys. Two days I rescheduled the delivery and two days it hasn't even come out for delivery. It doesn't feel right...

Quote from: spjp2019 on Dec 10, 2019, 08:22

I had problems downloading and raised a ticket with the support.

There were two download codes in my edition. One of them is now accepted and downloaded.
The second still doesn't work.
The code that came with my EBW 10" still doesn't work :/

Are there any EBW 3/4 10" that I can buy separately? Mine got cancelled from uDiscover because apparently they charged when they went to ship it, instead of the day I bought it (weird practice, but I get it)
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Dec 11, 2019, 17:43

Are there any EBW 3/4 10" that I can buy separately? Mine got cancelled from uDiscover because apparently they charged when they went to ship it, instead of the day I bought it (weird practice, but I get it)

Keep an eye out on the Discogs listing (https://www.discogs.com/The-Chemical-Brothers-Electronic-Battle-Weapon-3-Electronic-Battle-Weapon-4/release/14452430) as one was for sale but has sold since.
There have been a few that have appeared on eBay but have been rather pricey..

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Nov 27, 2019, 20:31

I have a Japanese 3x CD!

Nice! Want! Is the cd a continues set or are the tracks separated?

Anyone else has any trouble with the DVD in the box? The "Play Concert" button in the main menu of the DVD doesn't work on my disc.

^^^  Yeah, just go to HBHG and it'll continue from there.  Pretty janky as fuck for a set that is just absolutely perfect and beautiful beyond that.

price dropped down to $92.37  USA

https://amzn.to/2slNl2q
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I finally got my Surrender Japanese 3CD edition, after a 3 hour trip and paying 31€ of taxes (for a cd that costs 29€...).

After Neorev's message, I expected the worse but there are not many clicks and they're barely noticeable.

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 14, 2019, 12:56

I finally got my Surrender Japanese 3CD edition, after a 3 hour trip and paying 31€ of taxes (for a cd that costs 29€...).

After Neorev's message, I expected the worse but there are not many clicks and they're barely noticeable.

Well, that's F-ed up paying double the price on the album. Please elaborate on the clicks. Worth buying despite off? How is the set edited? It's not the complete setlist which is on the album?
I'm a bit more carefull on ordering the Japan 3cd.

Quote from: neorev on Dec 04, 2019, 12:42

Seriously, I never saw any other band with this many issues. From glitches and incorrect edits/mixes put on releases to screwing up album announcement details, telling fans if you buy early you get something bonus, to even shipping out orders on time as people are still waiting for their Surrender boxset. I have never seen this level of mistakes with any other band. Especially for what they charge for their boxset vinyl and even digital reissues with quite a few of them priced at £13.49... for an EP! I mean even the Japanese edition bonus live CD has audio issues with clicks and noise on a couple of tracks,especially in the right channel. Isn't there anyone that listens to this stuff before putting it out? Quality control or something? Thank god Chem HQ listened and replaced the releases with issues and they are aware of the reissued digits pricing, but that has yet to be fixed.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Ever since Further every album release seems to have an issue be it on the official webshop info or the actual release. So this Surrender 20 release has multiple issues for a € 120, retail price, it's stupendous.

Quote from: Joslyn on Dec 14, 2019, 22:29

Well, that's F-ed up paying double the price on the album. Please elaborate on the clicks. Worth buying despite off? How is the set edited? It's not the complete setlist which is on the album?
I'm a bit more carefull on ordering the Japan 3cd.
Honestly it didnt bother me. The set is cut at the end of Chemical Beats, I don't think there are any edits in the middle. It starts a bit abruptly into Hey Boy Hey Girl, there's no TNK.
It's not the best 1999 set but it's still nice to hear a "new" old set. I'd recommend to get it because it's still a pretty nice object. I love the packaging (although the Fuji set is in a separate package of its own).

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 14, 2019, 23:18

Honestly it didn't bother me. The set is cut at the end of Chemical Beats, I don't think there are any edits in the middle. It starts a bit abruptly into Hey Boy Hey Girl, there's no TNK.
It's not the best 1999 set but it's still nice to hear a "new" old set.
It would've been wise to include Woodstock instead considering they already filmed the whole concert (Especially having Flashback in the encore, a surrender song, instead of leave home). but then they would have to find a way to edit out all the crowd flashing.

not complaining though. Watched it with mammasuper and it was much enjoyable on the 40 inch.

(EDIT) I Just realised you were talking about the fujirock CD and not the glastonbury DVD
Last Edit: Dec 17, 2019, 03:31 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

So I took some of Kate Gibb's artwork and created some cover art for the Fuji Rock 1999 audio

Fiiiiinally received my 4LP box set on Monday. It's gorgeous. I'm really happy to have high quality prints of Kate Gibb's artwork. I think I'm going to frame a couple of them. The booklet is also quality.

I never had Surrender on vinyl, which is a bit awkward because it's my favourite Chems album. So it's great to have a high quality 4LP with the lovely transparent vinyl. Same goes for the b-sides selection. Flashback is a new favourite of mine, so it's cool to have that.

I haven't checked out the DVD, but I imagine it will have the same issues as everyone else's. That's ok, I didn't really buy this for the DVD anyway.

The psychedelic mixes I've already commented on. They're nice to have, and really interesting to hear, but not really what the box set is about. I was actually looking forward to those the most, but now I have the box set I'm glad I bought it for the rest.

Great job Chems team! Not so great job Chems distributors :P

Quote from: Joslyn on Dec 13, 2019, 19:38
Anyone else has any trouble with the DVD in the box? The "Play Concert" button in the main menu of the DVD doesn't work on my disc.

Same here!

Quote from: toxic on Dec 18, 2019, 07:25

Same here!
Same, on Xbox One. Playing individually does work however

Always had the idea to do this but Surrender20 finally made me do it.
Last Edit: Dec 09, 2023, 18:02 by Csar Reason: Reduced file size