Music That Triggers Some Kind of Response

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi everybody !
I'm working on a podcast show dedicated to "Surrender" but it's very hard to find complete information about the making of this album.
I noticed this 28-pages essay by Jon Savage in the Box Set and I wonder if some of you got a copy to share with me.
It would help me a lot.
Thanks,

I have the set. I only really wanted the music / discs and would be willing to sell the box, the book, and the prints at a reasonable price. However, I'm sure international shipping would be an obstacle.

But that goes for anyone who already has the music but might want the materials...I want to let them go, despite the prints being beautiful. The box was opened once to read the book, review the prints, and remove the discs.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Thanks for your proposal but I would just need a copy of the booklet, not the booklet itself. Would it be possible for you to send me a JPG or PDF scan ?

This is gonna come off jerk-ish, but why don't you make an investment and buy the box set for the exclusive content. You know, support the Artist which you're basing your subject matter on. 

You can even call me out on your Podcast and say, "this asshole from the forum wouldn't help me, and made me buy the Box set."

It's not that expensive, and from a quick search doesn't seem too limited to the public at the moment.

Quote from: mannnu on Mar 07, 2022, 08:16

Hi everybody !
I'm working on a podcast show dedicated to "Surrender" but it's very hard to find complete information about the making of this album.
I noticed this 28-pages essay by Jon Savage in the Box Set and I wonder if some of you got a copy to share with me.
It would help me a lot.
Thanks,

Try to look for some scans on discogs, otherwise, just buy the boxset, as it isn't THAT pricey :/
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Anybody watch 'Winning Time: The Rise of The Lakers Dynasty' on HBO? Well after two seasons (more like 1.5 seasons) it's cancelled and apparently a little too costly to make. That being said, it's quite a good dramatized series based on true events, if you're ever interested about the legacy of the Los Angeles Lakers franchise... But that's not why I'm posting here.

Jason Segel's character Paul Westhead wears a polo shirt with a familiar pattern to the Surrender ribbon/rainbow that makes appearance across all of Surrender's era artwork from Kate Gibb. I was wondering if there is a title for this ribbon/rainbow design? And maybe someone might have a lead to where I could find similar wears.

Picture:
jason segal and tracy letts in winning time

Totally going for that retro Dad look  8)