Just Remember ... to Fall In Love!

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Jun 10, 2019, 18:52
Hm, yeah, with their announcement of Flashback Friday, I thought they would remaster these videos too. But maybe videos of that era where mainly shot on SD cameras instead of film (pretty sure that applies to the Glasto set). If that were the case (like probably HBHG as they used CGI for the skeletons), HD would be impossible.
SD video doesn't mean that it only can be putted to DVD, and HD video doesn't mean that it only can be putted to BluRay.

Regardless of video resolution, there are different codecs.
DVD - is format, and it's only with MPEG-2 codec, that in year 2019 is not-practical.
BluRay - is format with three possible codecs: MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC, VC-1, which are also very outdated.

The best option is to get original raw SD video and encode it with AVC H.264/HEVC H.265 and put this material to a flash drive. Also a download code will be fine too.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 10, 2019, 18:32

DVD
Hey Boy Hey Girl Video
Let Forever Be Video
Out of Control Video
1. Hey Boy Hey Girl (Glastonbury 2000)
2. Music: Response (Glastonbury 2000)
3. Block Rockin Beats (Glastonbury 2000)
4. Song to the Siren (Glastonbury 2000)
5. Under The Influence (Glastonbury 2000)
6. Leave Home (Glastonbury 2000)
7. The Private Psychedelic Reel (Glastonbury 2000)

It's a shame it's not the full set, but I guess it wasn't fully filmed - can't have what does not exist!

Still very excited but what will be on the video. The BBC never broadcast song to the siren, under the influence and leave home back in 1999 so this is a great bonus. It would be nice if they could get a couple more live tracks on there, the sunshine underground, flashback and got glint. Obviously there is the Woodstock recording although this recording is not exactly the greatest footage
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

As if £85 quid wasn't enough, adding the EBW 10" to my cart with the 4LP brings postage to Australia to £38!!

No thanks. Hoping that the Australian Universal store sells this or Juno ends up with the leftovers.

I can't even imagine what 21 minutes of madness sounds like!

I'm really looking forward to the live footage, and the essay and artwork. Hell, I'm looking forward to all of it!

I'll be getting the CD boxed set as it makes the most sense for me.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jun 11, 2019, 13:51
I can't even imagine what 21 minutes of madness sounds like!

And my favourite (favorite) track!
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

What?? They have changed the products on the Official Store page. There are only bundles now?!? I ordered everything separate, so I hope they don't mess up my orders  :-\

-edit-
And the bundles are more expensive now! I paid €96 + €14 for the Vinyl & the EBW 10", now they are charging €114 for the same items!

-edit2-
And the info about the Kate Gibb artwork is gone...
Last Edit: Jun 11, 2019, 15:09 by toxic

Quote from: toxic on Jun 11, 2019, 14:37

What?? They have changed the products on the Official Store page. There are only bundles now?!? I ordered everything separate, so I hope they don't mess up my orders  :-\

-edit-
And the bundles are more expensive now! I paid €96 + €14 for the Vinyl & the EBW 10", now they are charging €114 for the same items!

-edit2-
And the info about the Kate Gibb artwork is gone...

☹️

..anybody got any thoughts on north american pre-orders..?
Eight or over.

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/The-Chemical-Brothers-Surrender-20th-Anniversary/

through here it seems they're not bundled

(however, it seems they're not selling EBW 3&4 separately anymore. given the press release, it sounds like that original listing was an error?)
Eight or over.

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Jun 11, 2019, 17:04
..anybody got any thoughts on north american pre-orders..?

I haven't seen any info come up yet, but it ended up being cheaper to order the BITE 3LP and the Free Yourself/MAH 12" from the UK site shipping to Canada at the time of each release. That's what I'll end up doing I think.

It would be nice to have a significant line of communication on the forum with someone in the marketing department of these physical releases. We have enough fan dedication to get the details correct and pass on the correct information. I really don't see the harm of giving us a little more transparency on releases like this. We're here to help!

I must be the forum drunk, because the first thing I thought about when I heard about an 'Out of Control' track which was 21 minutes in length, was it seems like a prime drinking game.

"Out of Control"... DRINK!

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 11, 2019, 17:57

It would be nice to have a significant line of communication on the forum with someone in the marketing department of these physical releases. We have enough fan dedication to get the details correct and pass on the correct information. I really don't see the harm of giving us a little more transparency on releases like this. We're here to help!

yes please.

I think im gonna wait until all of this gets settled before I pull the trigger in buying this.

yep...EBW's are gone now!!!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

should I preorder from uDiscover or is there a more reliable site I can preorder from?
I don't see anything on amazon just yet.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Yet another marketing disaster, and again an avoidable one too. The German webstore from Universal gives you all options but doesn't provide any information on what these options comprise. No mention of Gibb artwork though.

https://store.universal-music.de/p50-a157295/the-chemical-brothers/index.html?onChangeLanguage=1&language_id=DE

Whereas the official Chembros link to Universal dot com, like Toxic said, shows now only bundles (but now inlcuding EBW 3/4).

Is it that hard to sort out the specifics first, communicate that to all vendors, and then promote it?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Oh man, this is turning into a clusterfuck.

So now on the Chem Bros store, the bundles aren't even consistent in their additional pricing for the EBWs.

4LP has added 15 quid onto the original 85 quid price.

3CD has added 12 quid onto original 40 quid price.

On the official store, you currently have no choice but to get the EBWs - which means if someone outside the UK wants to order the 3CD, you HAVE to get the EBWs, and that bumps the postage price (to Australia, for example) from 7 pounds to 30 pounds!
Last Edit: Jun 12, 2019, 00:57 by Ford

I am hoping the 3CD boxset shows up on other sites. I don't need the EBW vinyl.

This is so confusing.

I wanted the EBW vinyl, but only had the link to store.udiscovermusic.com given in the press release. The EBW stand alone option was gone by the time I was ready to order, but I read that if you ordered the 4LP early, you would have a "chance" of getting one sent with your order, so I ordered the 4LP.

Now I see you all saying they're selling bundles of the 4LP with the EBW on store.thechemicalbrothers.com.

I don't know if I should cancel my original store.udiscovermusic.com order and place a new store.thechemicalbrothers.com order to get the bundle with the EBW. Nothing is assuring me that I'll get the EBW as-is though.

I'm not happy with my No Geography order due to the digital downloads issue and now this...

So if I ordered soon enough, is the 10" getting shipped with my 3cd/1dvd set?  I'm so confused.