You Are All My Children Now

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm also confused. I'm in America but the Universal Music Store shows everything in GBP... I tried going to the site through a VPN but no change. I can swap to Euros... but that doesn't help either.

Do I have to buy stuff through "udiscovermusic" website? That one has no mention of the EBWs (which I really would like, very much), but the boxset is much cheaper than on the GBP/UK site ($50 instead of £52 - $66 ish).

udiscover gives no details either. Like, none.
Last Edit: Jun 12, 2019, 04:41 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Currently, it looks like the EBW bundles are only available through the Chemical Brothers official store.

https://store.thechemicalbrothers.com

The link in the story on the home page of their website, doesn't even link to the official store, but to the Universal Music store, where the bundles are not available and no mention of an EBW is made!

https://thechemicalbrothers.lnk.to/Surrender20

You can buy the Surrender box sets without any EBW, bundled or seperate, through the Universal Music Store:

I doubt if you ordered before the bundles appeared that you will get the EBW disc included with your order. The initial article certainly made it sound like the EBW disc was going to be a free bonus, but if they make you pay for it in a bundle, it's not really a "bonus", is it?

Also, imagine if you ordered for 85 pounds from the Universal Store and got the EBW disc, why would they have a listing on the official store for the bundle for 15 quid more...??

I'm kinda freaking annoyed.  I linked to the US Universal store from the freaking link that was posted from their freaking facebook page. The press release literally stated, "The first copies preordered will receive an extremely limited pressing of the original Electronic BattleWeapon 3 & 4 on coloured 10" vinyl."  Happy to be getting cd/dvd box but wtf???

is Udiscover a reliable site to preorder from (especially in the U.S.?) or should I wait for somewhere else like amazon?
Last Edit: Jun 12, 2019, 07:16 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Ford on Jun 11, 2019, 13:41

As if £85 quid wasn't enough, adding the EBW 10" to my cart with the 4LP brings postage to Australia to £38!!

No thanks. Hoping that the Australian Universal store sells this or Juno ends up with the leftovers.

I emailed the Official Stores here in Australia and they have confirmed they are NOT stocking any of these titles.
I'm still holding out hope Universal Music will import these titles...

The EBW was available separately on UDiscover for 14€, when I ordered mine. I guess it's sold out now...

Universal just screw it up again. The Brothers should go back to JBO or even Diamond Records...
no idea, no idea

Has anyone emailed Udiscover or Universal about this?

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 12, 2019, 18:10

Errol K actually posted the news of this box set on the forum facebook page. I guess people could respond to that and see if he can clarify things?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 12, 2019, 18:10

I contacted universal... about my orders and what's gonna happen with it... no response yet

It still appears for sale for me on official store
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered the "bundle". It showed in my basket as Geoff has it above. The 3CD + DVD + EBW 3+4... Except for when I got my confirmation, and it looks like this:

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Not to hijack/distract from the EBW 3/4 issues, but I wonder if the new bonus mixes are going to sound like Studio K. I was listening to the DYOH radio commentary and it sounds like a lot of their workflow was these sort of long jams that are edited down into a neat, tidy package. Studio K sounds very much like it could've just been a jam track they put on the single.

I actually do have a complaint:

No Orange Wedge 21 minutes of madness version?

i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a layaway option? My gawd, the shipping is absolutely crippling.

There is now the option on the Chem Bros official store to buy just Surrender without the EBW bundled in. Also the Universal Store has added the EBW bundles.

So if you want the 3CD and 4LP you aren't forced to buy the EBWs twice.

It's 3 quid cheaper to buy the 4LP with the 3CD+EBW bundle than it is to buy the 4LP+EBW bundle with the 3CD (???)

Decided to just order off of the official site.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 13, 2019, 17:38

I just ordered the "bundle". It showed in my basket as Geoff has it above. The 3CD + DVD + EBW 3+4... Except for when I got my confirmation, and it looks like this:
same (although I didn't print screen it). I guess this might motivate me to get a record player
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

So I had already preordered through the link I got (which was Universal).  This is the ONLY time I have EVER preordered an album and the ONLY reason I did was to get the EBW 10."  If I'm not getting it, I'm going to be extremely freaking pissed. 

I doubt you get it in case you ordered before the bundles appeared. It was clearly a mistake to offer the boxes and the single seperately and the single was never meant as a free gift for box set buyers though the press release implied that. I'd cancel the order and buy a bundle if you want the EBW 10".