Dream How I Dream to Feel

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: satur8 on Jul 24, 2019, 17:44

So, can anyone save me some clicks and tell me the final answer on the best link to order from. I'm looking to get 3 CD / DVD set, but cannot access the order link on the official site. It may be my firewall at work and I will try again from home, but if someone wants to give the short answer it would be appreciated!

Which country do you live in? Amazon UK has them available for preorder, and if you don't live in the EU you get another 20% off with VAT removal. However, they still don't ship to Australia, so if you are in Aus best bet will probably be Juno.

Edit: Just saw you are in US. Definitely order through Amazon UK.

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Ford on Jul 25, 2019, 23:15

Which country do you live in? Amazon UK has them available for preorder, and if you don't live in the EU you get another 20% off with VAT removal. However, they still don't ship to Australia, so if you are in Aus best bet will probably be Juno.

Edit: Just saw you are in US. Definitely order through Amazon UK.
It seems Amazon UK is the only european country to have the 20-th anniversary re-issue of Surrender.
When it is released, the UK may still be part of the UE  ;D

To those Australian fans here - JB Hi-Fi have just two listing on their internal system for the 4LP/DVD set for $225 and the 2CD for $22.99. Waiting for confirmation on from Universal Music re. the 3CD/DVD...
Release date is now November 22nd.

Quote from: whitelabel84 on Aug 28, 2019, 10:16

4LP/DVD set for $225 and the 2CD for $22.99

Who is responsible for those prices?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 28, 2019, 22:43

Who is responsible for those prices?

But to be fair, place an order via the official web store (85 pound + 23.49 pound postage + 10% GST = 116.99 pound) you're paying AUD$212.. so not that far off.

I would assume there would be a mockup for this box set, or a pic that would visually show what you get when purchased by now
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

My guess is, if they eventually have a mockup, it will come closer to release date. A detailed mockup would create unnecessary expectations to the final product. That's what I fucking hate about pre-orders. They make sure it's viable before they guarantee any type of quality or aesthetic features.

The truth is, the product is already solid in writing. I think I can say for all of us we are here for "The Secret Psychedelic Mixes", live DVD, and booklet. Everything else can be plain Jane, as long as they don't fuck up those three elements. Is it worth the hefty price tag even with low expectations of aesthetic? Probably not, but we're fans, and fans gotta collect.

Hello guys, I'm new here although I check the forum regularly. Nice to meet you all!
Just a quick post to show you the CD and vinyl boxsets mockups that I found on Amazon Italy!

Also, Norman Records (UK based), has the CD boxset for just £18.99 + shipping:

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/177002-the-chemical-brothers-surrender-20th-anniversary-expanded-edition

Sweet find Che!

That's looking pretty sharp!

Quote from: CheManuel on Sep 23, 2019, 21:04

Also, Norman Records (UK based), has the CD boxset for just £18.99 + shipping:

WOW that is cheap. I'm not going to look up how much I paid.

Did get it shipped to the states though. And with EBW 3 + 4.

Still... Yikes.

Thanks for sharing!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

There seems to be Astralwerks release for North American folk. The msrp seems to be ~$150 for Astralwerks version and is due out a full month later 11/22/2019.

UPC: 602577850400

Can be found at Bull Moose

There's no update in the Astralwerks store (yet). But I'm wondering if Astralwerks might be offering something more with higher price? Or, are they completely ignorant to the fact that Virgin release is out a full month sooner and cheaper.

The set looks as fantastic as I expect it to be  :)
Can't wait to pick it up!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 23, 2019, 23:00

WOW that is cheap. I'm not going to look up how much I paid.

Did get it shipped to the states though. And with EBW 3 + 4.

Still... Yikes.

Thanks for sharing!

I am from the States and ordered from this shop a while ago,the boxset only cost me $30 and change with shipping. Not a vinyl guy, so I am happy with the CD set.

Okay so this is the best thing ever
Never for money, always for love.

1999 a classic chemical brothers year

2019 a classic chemical brothers year
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences