As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Bosco on Oct 02, 2019, 19:17

The intro of HBHG Psychedelic mix reminded me of Fatboy's slims remix of 'I See You Baby'. Then, when the 'hi-hat' becomes more prevalent, it has some similarity to Daft Punk's 'Revolution 909'.

The track feels like it's extracted from an actual DJ mix.

Spoiler
Its the segment in this year's set. So was this repurposed for the 2019 tour was this made for the tour and redone for the anniversary album?
was kinda hoping for the 97 version but glad its more chems. very remeniscent to a videogame I used to play.
Last Edit: Oct 04, 2019, 05:31 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I think the secret psychedelic mix of HBHG is great, but not really a psychedelic mix, just an alternate mix. I like it. Funny that the high crazy synth drone at the end of this version is the intro to the final album version. Must have been such a long journey to get to where HBHG ended up!

Bah, just had an email from Norman Records saying there was a mistake in the 18.99 box set price and that it should be 39.99.

Being refunded. :(

Quote from: Mrdmus on Oct 07, 2019, 15:06

Bah, just had an email from Norman Records saying there was a mistake in the 18.99 box set price and that it should be 39.99.

Being refunded. :(

Yup, same here.
Well, never using them ever again.

Quote from: neorev on Oct 07, 2019, 15:35

Yup, same here.
Ditto in terms of refund, but think it's a genuine mistake - small independent and can't afford to take the hit. Just one of those things unfortunately, and you know what they say - if it seems too good to be true it usually is...

Yeah I ordered from Norman Records months ago but was expecting this outcome.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 03, 2019, 17:01

According to this article which I posted on Facebook, the KiNK remix was to be available on a download card with the box set. But then this article came along and suggested the KiNK remix is now properly added to the box set. The Avalanches hadn't even finished the remix when they posted that OOC thing a couple of days ago. I would bet my bottom dollar that it will come with the box set in some shape or form. So to answer your question: 22nd November. Probably.

I wonder if the reason the release date has been pushed back to 22nd Nov is to give the Avalanches time to finish the Out of Control remix  ???

Quote from: hubie on Oct 09, 2019, 15:56

I wonder if the reason the release date has been pushed back to 22nd Nov is to give the Avalanches time to finish the Out of Control remix  ???
Given how awesome the snippet sounds, it would be a legitimate reason. But I don't think it's that :D

Think the delay is either to align with the Astralwerks (North American) release, or make it into a "soft" Black Friday type release (Black Friday is the 29th of November). Basically something for The Chemical Brothers to release before the Holiday economic upswing.

Hope it's delayed for The Avalanches remix. The release as it stands, is still really overpriced.

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 11, 2019, 18:46

Think the delay is either to align with the Astralwerks (North American) release, or make it into a "soft" Black Friday type release (Black Friday is the 29th of November). Basically something for The Chemical Brothers to release before the Holiday economic upswing.

Hope it's delayed for The Avalanches remix. The release as it stands, is still really overpriced.
Music biz fact: No one releases albums in December. If you want to have something out for Christmas you release it on or before the end of November. There may have been another reason for the initial delay but I think they're now aiming for the Christmas market.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

any theories of what 21 minutes of 'Out of Control' might entail?

Maybe an unreleased Bobby Gillispe vocal of some sort?

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 12, 2019, 02:08

My guess is album version + enjoyed = some sort of electronic battle weapon sort of legit. 

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 12, 2019, 02:08

Close your eyes...

Now, imagine that you are listening to Out Of Control...

but it is 14 minutes longer.

;)

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Oct 12, 2019, 05:46

My guess is album version + enjoyed = some sort of electronic battle weapon sort of legit.

I remember a night a heavenly Jukebox night in turnmills around the surrender era. Where I think the played out of control > enjoyed > ooc Sasha remix. But possibly they played at 21 minute mix? Born in the echos you could be close with your theory
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Oct 12, 2019, 07:15

I remember a night a heavenly Jukebox night in turnmills around the surrender era. Where I think the played out of control > enjoyed > ooc Sasha remix. But possibly they played at 21 minute mix? Born in the echos you could be close with your theory

Audio or it didn't happen
no idea, no idea

I can enjoy 14 minutes of extra instrumentation. But if it's not adjusted into a journey-like aspect, what's the point?

Even Escape Velocity at a mere ~12 minutes can overextend its welcome upon listens.

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 12, 2019, 18:57

I can enjoy 14 minutes of extra instrumentation. But if it's not adjusted into a journey-like aspect, what's the point?

Even Escape Velocity at a mere ~12 minutes can overextend its welcome upon listens.

I agree. I actually am not really a fan of Escape Velocity, especially as a track 2. I feel it kills the momentum/uplifting Snow creates. I rather it just go into Another World or even Don't Think and have Escape Velocity in the last third of the album. Wish we got those unmixed versions of tracks so I can make my own Further track order.

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 04, 2019, 21:18

My guess is, if they eventually have a mockup, it will come closer to release date. A detailed mockup would create unnecessary expectations to the final product. That's what I fucking hate about pre-orders. They make sure it's viable before they guarantee any type of quality or aesthetic features.

"pre-order" has become a different name for a kickstarter. :-) which, like kickstarters, get delayed and sometimes even fail (see: massive attack).

I was wondering why I saw articles recently "announcing" this box set - I thought "hadn't it been announced months ago?" - but I suppose it wasn't a sure thing until more recently.

Quote from: shakermaker on Oct 13, 2019, 16:27

"pre-order" has become a different name for a kickstarter. :-) which, like kickstarters, get delayed and sometimes even fail (see: massive attack).

I was wondering why I saw articles recently "announcing" this box set - I thought "hadn't it been announced months ago?" - but I suppose it wasn't a sure thing until more recently.

You're totally right. The same thing happened with Underworld's DRIFT, the boxset for which was mentioned a long time ago, but only recently has been "officially" announced.

I get it - it makes sense financially to see if there is a real market for the product before getting it manufactured. But it's pretty disheartening to think that these kinds of products might not be a reality when they are announced. Fortunately having not had to deal with any real disappointment from an unfulfilled promise of a non-existent product, I can only imagine the heartbreak.
Last Edit: Oct 13, 2019, 22:30 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: shakermaker on Oct 13, 2019, 16:27

What failed? The Mezzanine DNA thing?