Got Glint?

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 02, 2019, 08:05

Can you believe the Japanese 3CD edition I ordered 2 days after the release is getting delivered today, while the 4CD boxset I ordered in June on UDiscover, coming from the UK, still hasn't arrived ? Never ordering from them again...
Ordered mine from the official ChemBros store in June, was shipped 12 days ago. Still hasn't arrived. From where do they dispatch? Patriot Hills?
no idea, no idea

Can you believe the Japanese 3CD edition I ordered 2 days after the release is getting delivered today, while the 4CD boxset I ordered in June on UDiscover, coming from the UK, still hasn't arrived ? Never ordering from them again...
if it hasn't arrived by friday, I'm canceling and ordering the Japanese 4 disk
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

STILL haven't received mine either. 

Sat. Nov.30 10:13.  Shipment received in country of destination

NEVER preordering anything ever again.   >:(

had problems when them as well with other pre-orders. When you place a pre-order with Udiscover, they'll get an authorization (kind of like a hold) that they'll charge your card in the future. When your items ship, then they'll place a charge to your credit card

They dropped the ball on me twice. One time they said they were out of stock when I pre-ordered 3 months ago, and another time I pre-ordered, they said I had insufficient funds (which was BS, and called my bank to confirm this) and these both instances happened DAYS BEFORE THE RELEASE DATE!

lesson learned.

Give us an update Benj if that 4 CD box set comes in, or if you plan to cancel.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Nomen est omen, huh?! U discover ... We'll get there when we get there!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It actually arrived the day of my message, while the Japanese one is at the post office waiting for me. So they arrived the same day.

Have to say, this whole pre-order thing has been very, very badly handled.

Not to keep harking on about it, but the Underworld DRIFT boxset arrived three days after the release date. They presumably shipped it early to guarantee it would arrive as close to the release date as possible. It also came from the UK.
The fact that we're still waiting for this Surrender boxset is ridiculous. And, like some of you have indicated - it severely lessens the chance of us pre-ordering things in the future - which in turn makes a hypothetical release look less attractive to the label (following our discussion of how labels will put something up for pre-order before it actually exists).

It doesn't even take that long to get things shipped internationally. I've sent many packages to England, and received them here too. Two weeks tops. And that's with no rush mail or anything - just your run of the mill snail mail option. I just don't get it.
I know they don't care but, it really is a shame.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Wow, hearing these stories, I'm very glad I did not pre-order online as tempting as it was to ensure I had a copy... :(

I picked up my order from the shop Sunday afternoon. I'm really pleased with the boxed set. It's beautifully presented, nice touches with the bonus album sleeves, gorgeous artwork, the prints are sturdy and fine for framing if I decide on doing that at some point later on, lovely booklet, the whole package feels substantial - I love having this nicely thought out and special set to add to my Chems stuff. I don't have the greatest set up to play vinyl, so it'll be headphone listening for me, and honestly the vinyl looks soooo pretty and unscathed to fumble with right now, but the novelty of 'new' will wear off soon enough.  ;D I do wish there was a bit more live material on the DVD but eh, nothing for me to be upset over.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Did anyone who ordered early actually receive the EBW vinyl that was promised if you where one of the first to order??

Just received mine today that was ordered through the chems site and did not receive the EBW vinyl for ordering "early"

The EBWs were not exclusive to being early - you had to actively choose them as an option when buying. In fact, an email from Chemical HQ that was sent today seems to suggest that you can STILL purchase the boxset with the EBWs 10".

I think there was someone else who ordered it but didn't get a concrete confirmation of the EBWs. They got in touch with someone who told them that you had to opt to purchase them - rather than them being a bonus for early enough pre-order.

I do remember it being very unclear on the initial announcement date. I ordered mine a week or so later and they had made it a bit more clear and had the boxset listed with the EBWs as a full package.

Seriously, I never saw any other band with this many issues. From glitches and incorrect edits/mixes put on releases to screwing up album announcement details, telling fans if you buy early you get something bonus, to even shipping out orders on time as people are still waiting for their Surrender boxset. I have never seen this level of mistakes with any other band. Especially for what they charge for their boxset vinyl and even digital reissues with quite a few of them priced at £13.49... for an EP! I mean even the Japanese edition bonus live CD has audio issues with clicks and noise on a couple of tracks,especially in the right channel. Isn't there anyone that listens to this stuff before putting it out? Quality control or something? Thank god Chem HQ listened and replaced the releases with issues and they are aware of the reissued digits pricing, but that has yet to be fixed.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 02, 2019, 16:58

Ordered mine from the official ChemBros store in June, was shipped 12 days ago. Still hasn't arrived. From where do they dispatch? Patriot Hills?

Arrived 5 minutes ago.
no idea, no idea

day 14 still have not recieved my package containing the bountiful loot. :(
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Dec 06, 2019, 03:50

day 14 still have not recieved my package containing the bountiful loot. :(

Yup.

As of 2:41am on Wednesday, customs had "released" the package. What. A. Joke.

Dammit, the japanese edition is still on hold at a delivery facility, and it's an hour from my place. Apparently they can't deliver to a relay near me because I have to pay some taxes. And since there are massive strikes in France right now, I can't even go there to pick it up anyway.

OK. I have mine. And am now much less angry about the whole thing. Got to wait till I get home to open it (too must clay dust around here!) but boy howdy, pretty freakin' excited!

stuck at home, sick from work, when I recieved a knock at the door:

its about time.

White noise is right, Let forever be's SPM is definetly the highlight of the Boxset.
it reminds me of the soundtrack to blinx the timesweeper.

now to get a record player