EPMD - Strictly Business
St. Vincent - Smoking Section
Alessandro Cortini - Vincere
The United States of America - Cloud Song
Bon Iver - 29 Strafford APTS
Jon Hassell - Delta Rain Dream
Model 500 - Night Drive
Black Riot - A Day In The Life
Busta Rhymes - Thank You (feat. Q‐Tip, Kanye West & Lil Wayne)
Eric B. & Rakim - Microphone Fiend
Art Blakey - Drums In The Rain
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Allesandro Cortini's albums are awesome
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Unfortunately, they won't let me listen to it, even though I used a London proxy...

Quote from: kosek on May 02, 2019, 18:02

Allesandro Cortini's albums are awesome
I particularly love his work as SonoIo. His Blue & Red albums are just great.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 02, 2019, 19:24

Unfortunately, they won't let me listen to it, even though I used a London proxy...

Oh. That's not ideal - you're our resident "taper".

FYI it's just tracks playing one after the other. No talking or mixing. I don't think this was broadcast on the radio. I guess you (and others) can find the tracks online and it will be the same as listening to this "programme".
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The chems linked an article about some thoughts behind the samples choices they made for NG

It took ages to get to both Michael Brownstein and Diane Di Prima and to get their permission to do it. But it was so beautiful with Michael Brownstein when we sent him the music.

He got back to us through email about how hearing his words put into this new framework gives it a whole new meaning.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-tom-rowlands-chemical-brothers-20190515-story.html
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 15, 2019, 21:29

The chems linked an article about some thoughts behind the samples choices they made for NG
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-tom-rowlands-chemical-brothers-20190515-story.html

Amused to learn that Tom discovered the Dial-a-Poets record on the same website where Ford eventually found it when we were looking for samples, after I'd spent hours doing the same and had to settle for a different recording of Brownstein reading "Geography".
Guess it goes to show that however good at the internet I think I am Tom (+Ford) is better than me.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

This answer to a question from another Australian interview gives insight that they potentially made more songs than that got on the album. With a longer version of No Geography as well. Also gratefully saying and assuring us there will be a 'next time' in the studio etc.:

MF: Will you release No Geography's title-track as a single, because that's a killer?

ES: Yeah, it sounds great mixed in [on the album]. We wanted that feel of a continuous flow. But it's a shortened version. We made a lot of music making this record – it was very intense. Now we're straight into putting the live show together. But I think next time we're in the studio together we might do some extended versions of some of the tracks that are mixed together or a little bit shorter. But that's for the future. So right now it's like that. We do a really different version of it live, so we'll see if that's enough for people. It's a very powerful vocal [from US beat poet Michael Brownstein]; people really like it, which is what we like.

Read more at https://musicfeeds.com.au/features/the-chemical-brothers-on-their-aus-tour-production-plans-got-spoilers-australias-love-for-the-salmon-dance/#ZdfGk6V7guCEHhBm.99

He was spot on with the touring in Australia. Theres still yet to be a good festival like there was of the Big Day Out and the whole EDM thing.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Ha I'm a persistent fucker when it comes to diving deep on the internet, I knew it had to be out there somewhere.

So happy to hear Ed say that the album version is actually the short version - really hoping they release an EP of the track and have a nice extended version as a b-side.