Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

A Bango/It Began in Afrika Bongo Beatdown is in Order

Started by Shotglass75, May 10, 2019, 17:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Devastated I won't be seeing this tour this year, so to ease the pain (or make it worse, not sure?) I've been diving into the back catalog.  There are some mean bongos in IBIA that I think could work beautifully with Bango in a live setting.  I know it won't be happening this tour (unless it does!!!) but man, that could be something else!

Have fun at the shows!!! 

And if anyone wants to attempt a remix, you would be awesome!!!!

A lot of people have pleaded for more material from 'Come With Us' to be played live, but it's an era that for whatever reason (well, maybe Ed hates it) gets overlooked.

When we look at the instagram teasers and see
Spoiler
HOOPS
making a return, it's a win for us CWU prophets.

I'm not suggesting the pairing of Bango/Afrika wouldn't work, but I doubt their head is in that direction.

Yeah, I doubt they are looking to add any new older tracks into the mix.  Probably sticking with the staples and adding in the new ones where they can.  Have a feeling they'll be losing quite a bit from BITE

Quote from: Shotglass75 on May 10, 2019, 17:27

And if anyone wants to attempt a remix, you would be awesome!!!!

Someone is calling your name, Conn6or...

Also, totally agree. More CWU is always something I want. And just a few bars of IBIA would make me so very, very happy. Heck, I'd be grinning just from a lion roar.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Shotglass75 on May 10, 2019, 17:57

Yeah, I doubt they are looking to add any new older tracks into the mix.  Probably sticking with the staples and adding in the new ones where they can.

True, but also worth keeping in mind that the past couple times they've gone on the road they seem to always try and add a song to the setlist that's at least been absent for a few years minimum (eg "Sunshine Underground" on the 1st leg of BITE, "Got Glint" and "Hold Tight London" on the 2nd, or "Piku/Playground" and that one time they played "Let Forever Be" on the 2018 No Geography trial run). I'm expecting at least one of those as a kiss to the fans/way to keep them from whining about "Do It Again".
Maybe it'll be "It Began In Afrika" this year, who knows.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 10, 2019, 19:20

Someone is calling your name, Conn6or...
You called?
It'd be quite the challenge, I'll give it a shot when I get back from 'cisco.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Funny - I was listening to Push The Button on the train into O'Hare yesterday, and Come Inside struck me as a sister track to Bango. There's loads of similarities in the basslines and breaks.

But also hell yes bring back IBIA.
Never for money, always for love.

Listening to Bango the other day actually prompted me to go back and listen to IBIA to see how similar the bongos are. Would definitely make for a solid transition. Hopefully even just the "it began in afrika ka ka" sample over gets added in.

If they don't do it live it'd at least be a lot of fun to play around with in a DJ set.