You Are All My Children Now

Corona Capital Festival 2019

Started by Conn6orsuper117, May 12, 2019, 03:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Spoiler

holy shit star guitar/gravity drops

THEY FINALLY BROKE THE 2007-2011 MOLD!
Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 16:47 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on May 12, 2019, 15:40

Spoiler

holy shit star guitar/gravity drops

THEY FINALLY BROKE THE 2007-2011 MOLD!

Spoiler
so that's what gravity drops is for. but damn, that vid ends when it's getting interesting
no idea, no idea

My god that setlist so far and the energy of the crowd is so intense.

Quote from: Csar on May 12, 2019, 10:42

@Benjs video: I still don't feel the SIFSD vocal on top of Chemical Beats. Doesn't fit well.

1000% Totally agree

Quote from: hstn on May 12, 2019, 15:20
OH MY FUCKING GOD

OH MY GOD. THIS IS OUTSTANDING. BROTHERS...
They have outdone themselves with the new album and live show.
Those "Eve of Destruction" visuals are out of this world.
So yeah, there goes my resolution not to watch any spoilers.
I give up.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Spoiler

So, the first draft of the new live set is?

1. Go
2. Free Yourself
3. Chemical Beats
4. MAH / Believe excerpts
5. EML Ritual
6. Swoon
7. Temptation / Star Guitar / Gravity Drops
8. Got To Keep On
9. Hey Boy Hey Girl
10. Saturate
11. Eve of Destruction
12. Elektrobank (?)
13. No Geography (?)
14. Hoops
15. Get Up On It / UTI / DYOH
16. Wide Open (?)
17. Galvanize
18. Leave Home / C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. / Block Rockin' Beats

Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Csar on May 12, 2019, 13:21

Spoiler

Spoiler
Ok those Don't Think vocals do NOT work there. Please remove! T&E are you reading this? (probably not)

Quote from: Stefan on May 12, 2019, 13:44

Spoiler

No Geography:

Spoiler
That guy is just an actor? I don't think it's Michael Brownstein, but he looks like he owns the words - which I guess is what actors do.
During the bits when he isn't on screen, I was expecting some kind of drone/airplane footage of countryside/cities etc. Or maybe some Autobahn footage to reflect the "Europe Endless" vibe that the Chems are into. Just lights seems like a missed opportunity for the instrumental parts.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Spoiler
HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIT
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 13, 2019, 00:11

Spoiler
Ok those Don't Think vocals do NOT work there. Please remove! T&E are you reading this? (probably not)
Disagree.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The Mexicans are the best crowd ever. I remember last year they were similiary ecstatic.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Spoiler
I'm curious if No Geography is informally getting a test run. That could be the reason why the instrumental part has no real visual element. The spoken word part definitely seems like part of the grand scheme.

I totally agree Eve of Destruction is another great visual spectacle. But anyone think the visuals are a little too produced for a live show? I would love this as a music video for the track, but in a live setting... it just feels like it breaks away from the holistic musical experience.

Quote from: Bosco on May 13, 2019, 17:48

Spoiler

I totally agree Eve of Destruction is another great visual spectacle. But anyone think the visuals are a little too produced for a live show? I would love this as a music video for the track, but in a live setting... it just feels like it breaks away from the holistic musical experience.
Spoiler
I understand what you mean, but I for one find this is simply brilliant. I cut Adam and Marcus some slack to do something beyond the "regular" visuals once in a while. To me, it totally fits the vibe of the song and I just love the way they once again sync everything so perfectly. They pay so much attention to details within the music, it's just fun to see that reflected in the lights and moves of the characters. Unless they're overhauling their entire show in this manner, I really dig this approach if not used too excessively.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Can we ditch the spoiler tags? Isn't it obvious that anybody visiting this thread will encounter spoilers?

Swooping in with a full video recording! Not even any views on this yet!
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Explud on May 12, 2019, 22:31

Spoiler

So, the first draft of the new live set is?

1. Go
2. Free Yourself
3. Chemical Beats
4. MAH / Believe excerpts
5. EML Ritual
6. Swoon
7. Temptation / Star Guitar / Gravity Drops
8. Got To Keep On
9. Hey Boy Hey Girl
10. Saturate
11. Eve of Destruction
12. Elektrobank (?)
13. No Geography (?)
14. Hoops
15. Get Up On It / UTI / DYOH
16. Wide Open (?)
17. Galvanize
18. Leave Home / C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. / Block Rockin' Beats

Don't forget the Reel
Ok, it's not from Corona
Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 13:41 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Bring Back Snow/Surface somehow please and you have the perfect set. 

I downloaded the 13 minute mp3 of the opener for this show. Now... Is there a full mp3 listing of the "entire show"? Just curious. That'd be nice. ;D

Quote from: Trekker31 on May 29, 2019, 04:09

I downloaded the 13 minute mp3 of the opener for this show. Now... Is there a full mp3 listing of the "entire show"? Just curious. That'd be nice. ;D
If you mean whether there's a full set-length audio stream of this, I'm afraid there might not since the the stream broadcast was really just about 14 minutes long.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Champiness on May 14, 2019, 07:24

Swooping in with a full video recording! Not even any views on this yet!
Is it just me or does it sound like during the 2nd beat drop of HBHG you can faintly hear the Whoomp Whoomp sound from the end of EBW2

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

EBW is intresting even in MAH! Wow!

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jun 04, 2019, 22:01

Is it just me or does it sound like during the 2nd beat drop of HBHG you can faintly hear the Whoomp Whoomp sound from the end of EBW2

hmm..i'm not committed to that interpretation with the quality at hand =P
Eight or over.