My Heart and Soul, They Are Free

July 30 2015 - San Francisco - The Armory

Started by MadPooter, Jul 14, 2015, 07:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MadPooter on Jul 31, 2015, 07:53

HOLY FUCK  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

THIS WAS THE SECOND BEST SET IVE EVER SEEN OF THEIRS.

JESUS.
Quote from: KNE on Jul 31, 2015, 07:55

We def got reeled ...in the face :o
I love these post-show statements. What were the best moments? How was Reflexion?
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

did they play Reflexion? AFAIK they only did Reflexion once during the very first encore, it's been only TPPR every single other time.

This made me significantly less bitter about missing the unadvertised Sonar opening show, cause they didn't play it there.
Never for money, always for love.

I can't remember the full set list. Started with HBHG, ended with PPR. Similar set to Glasto. Need set list

Quote from: Jgatsby on Jul 31, 2015, 09:37

I can't remember the full set list. Started with HBHG, ended with PPR. Similar set to Glasto. Need set list
It's probably this

00 - Junior Parker - "Tomorrow Never Knows" Intro
01 - Hey Boy Hey Girl
02 - EML Ritual
03 - Do It Again/Get Yourself High
04 - Go
05 - Swoon
06 - Star Guitar
07 - Sometimes I Feel So Deserted
08 - Chemical Beats
09 - Acid Children/Setting Sun
10 - Setting Sun/Out of Control/It Doesn't Matter
11 - Saturate
12 - Elektrobank
13 - I'll See You There
14 - Believe
15 - The Sunshine Underground
16 - Escape Velocity/Don't Think/The Golden Path
17 - Under the Influence
18 - Galvanize
19 - Block Rockin' Beats
20 - The Private Psychedelic Reel
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Someone posted the first 20 minutes in full HD, unedited, and it's labeled "Part 1". I think we got a full recording (!!!).

This performance of EML Ritual is INCREDIBLE:

Outro is awesome, that delay on the whoops is fantastic, and the circular light rig! I was so far up front at Sonar I didn't even notice it!
Never for money, always for love.

No reflexion. They had about 10 minutes to 12 when brb  was done.  The set was indoors. They could. Of added it.
The whole van stroke set I saw people sitting in the row of bleachers atop. Then tnn played and  saw a flashlight leading to the stairs behind the stage. If I knew those guys were there the whole time.  I could of tried for an autograph  :'(

This was such. an. amazing. set.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

Csar's track list is about right I think.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't hear Reflexion, but honestly they played my 3 favorite Chemical Brothers songs, and there is absolutely no way that I can find any sort of disappointment with the set as a whole.

I was moved in ways that I long since forgot and felt energy that I seemingly never felt before.

God. Damn. Amazing.

So awesome, you guys!! I hope the set in S California will be as brilliant (even if no Reel). I can't wait to share the excitement with you all!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

What an amazing show!!!! That's the first time I've seen TPPR live, they stopped performing it right as I finally got to the shows.

Quote from: Biff on Jul 31, 2015, 20:17

What an amazing show!!!! That's the first time I've seen TPPR live, they stopped performing it right as I finally got to the shows.

First time for tppr? Didn't know that.  But are you thirsty for more  this Saturday?  :)

I'm praying for the Reel tomorrow!

But I don't want to get too excited about it because they usually don't play it at festivals here in S California. Except that one time at Coachella, during Push The Button.

But hey, there is plenty enough to get excited about! I'm just happy to be going to a Chems show again. I have no idea how I'll sleep tonight!

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jul 31, 2015, 22:37

I'm praying for the Reel tomorrow!

But I don't want to get too excited about it because they usually don't play it at festivals here in S California. Except that one time at Coachella, during Push The Button.

But hey, there is plenty enough to get excited about! I'm just happy to be going to a Chems show again. I have no idea how I'll sleep tonight!
They will! Or you can ban me from here!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I can't remember if I have seen TPPR live. They may have played it in 2007 here. I am excited to here Sunshine Underground  and Escape Velocity again. I may have very soiled pants after the set, so stay away from me unless that is your thing.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a way too short recording of the Reel
Last Edit: Aug 01, 2015, 09:34 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Here a clip of Hey boy Hey Girl that I recorded with a guest appearance by Pooters Hands!

The Show was Crazy, well worth the 400 mile 7 hour drive to SF and back, and still wanting moar! I had my spotify playlist playng chems setlist looping atleast 4 times the entire trip while i checked out the nice 105 Fahrenheit  scenery. Was able to book a hotel 2 miles from the venue on the same street and was only waiting for my vacation approval to really make this happen. I got there aound 5 pm. and quickly started getting ready. Left at 8pm took the local bus and arrived at 9. The crew at the armory were very nice, a quick scan of my ID and ticket and i was in. Ticket taker told me i looked like his nephew and told me to rock on in there, So awesome. Waited for pooter to get inside and we met up along with Biff, Pooter Girlfriend  and their other friends in front of the sound booth. To me it kind of felt like how whirly described Ed in an old post of how he seemed awkward and freaked out. haha. To me, is like knowing someone but not really, along with being so far from where ive been my whole life kind of made me feel a bit that way. I thank pooter for being very welcoming for my last min first time trip. Sf people are much kinder then what im use to back in L.A. haha,
All in All it was a great experience, seeing Adam much more active on stage then when the tour started is great to see.
We still got today to enjoy so i dont want to spoil too much of it. I taking some friends with me of which 1 went with me to the hollywood bowl show and the other who went with me to the hollywood screening and has been waiting to see them since. I know Inchem had a chance to meet them and talked for a bit before the showing. Got up early today and still got a few more things to get done. see you all at the show! :music
Last Edit: Aug 01, 2015, 16:49 by KNE

Great to read your traveling and live set experience! Imagine, if you hadn't gone, you wouldn't have known you looked like a security guard's relative :D I love those things, unexpected friendly encounters..

Man, the more I watch footage from the new tour, the more I notice how fucking excellent Adam and his crew put this light show together. Look at the strobes of HBHG at the beginning. The two in the middle are exactly synced up with the vocal hook. They spread as the vocal starts and contract when the vocal ends. Just perfect.
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 15:57 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

I also noticed the lasers beside the deck and each side alternate, one fires on hey boy the other one hey girl. Pretty awesome! Now, time to rest and regenerate my melted skin.

I was reading your last 2 posts KNE, and man to feel that sigh of relief when you touchdowned at the Armory. I'm kind of a lazy ass when it comes to traveling, but when I see all this 30 minute footage of this show, It showed me how SF was not that far from where I am, and that I should've came to this show as well.

Didn't noticed the lights synced to HBHG! Keen observation but otherwise Adam stepped up on the visual process.

Quote from: jamski on Aug 03, 2015, 10:30

Here are some videos that I shot during the show.  Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-0_ANz-LB5VeKIXTXX1w9zKbpPyZ6dSi

Thank you very much for sharing these!