What's this do? Get Up On It Like This

July 30 2015 - San Francisco - The Armory

Started by MadPooter, Jul 14, 2015, 07:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 03, 2015, 03:23

I was reading your last 2 posts KNE, and man to feel that sigh of relief when you touchdowned at the Armory. I'm kind of a lazy ass when it comes to traveling, but when I see all this 30 minute footage of this show, It showed me how SF was not that far from where I am, and that I should've came to this show as well.

Didn't noticed the lights synced to HBHG! Keen observation but otherwise Adam stepped up on the visual process.

Sitting for 7 hours went by pretty quick to me. I'm not much of a road trip dude either but I'd feel like I would lose more for not going. I also wanted to check them out in an indoor setting and this was it. The armory is a very nice venue, like you said, very similar to Olympia but I'm sure at 1/3 the size. You should of joined inchem. We could of had a little SoCal fan Invasion at the armory. 

I freakin love road trips! The one thing I no longer have the stamina for is doing a round trip voyage like that in such a short amount of time. Next time the Chems are booked for San Francisco, I want to be there. Though I would consider flying just to save time and energy.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Do it! Bring your corgi! We can have a Corgi Owner/Chems fan convention.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 03, 2015, 22:17

I freakin love road trips! The one thing I no longer have the stamina for is doing a round trip voyage like that in such a short amount of time. Next time the Chems are booked for San Francisco, I want to be there. Though I would consider flying just to save time and energy.

Sitting in traffic on the bay bridge did suck, I won't lie.  Ill probably do the flight aswell.

i want to meet chemical corgis
who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta pyscorgilic funkin?
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the past 13 years, I have kept a scrap book of sorts. More of a collage I've made.

Most of the ticket stubs are for Chemical Brothers shows, but not necessarily. Some of the selections were a bit arbitrary, perhaps, but all of the shows were noteworthy.

For the past few years, though, I neglected a few. M83, for instance, was incredibly moving, and I wish I had included the stub from that.

But the reason why I'm posting a pic of it here is that I finally was motivated again to add to the collage. Without question.


Augh,  Olympia gig...

Olympia

man, I was glinting so hard after the 07 tour and meeting up with you guys in California. I wish I Pushed The Button on that one. That was such a epic meetup in the making. Glad you made it out there Poots.

Awesome stub collection.

That's pretty cool  Poot!  I see you have the stub for daft punk 07!  I deeply regret not going to see them that year! 

Soul wax , underworld,  ghostland, damn some good shows there bro!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Poots, you were at Olympia too??? How come I was such a lazy mind back in the days and didn't arrange a forum meeting there.... I can't believe I was that stupid. So, can I count this as an inofficial forum meeting then?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

I remember my parents were going to fly me to London as a super belated high school graduation gift... but the recession hit and since then I have had very little money! YAY AMERICA
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to go too, but that exchange rate was aweful then, especially for those of us working at coffee shops!
Last Edit: Aug 07, 2015, 23:31 by Biff

I loved spending 2 dollars per euro to get my Erol Alakan Just Keep Dancing shirt and EBW8 vinyl.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Csar on Aug 07, 2015, 08:24

Poots, you were at Olympia too??? How come I was such a lazy mind back in the days and didn't arrange a forum meeting there.... I can't believe I was that stupid. So, can I count this as an inofficial forum meeting then?

Dude! I met up with Jeanie + Mippio at that show. :p

Hopefully our paths will cross at some point in time in the future at another show.


Quote from: MadPooter on Aug 11, 2015, 03:09

Dude! I met up with Jeanie + Mippio at that show. :p

Hopefully our paths will cross at some point in time in the future at another show.
What? Mips and Jeans too? Urgh, that makes me look even more stupid :D Looking forward to meet any of you forumites in the future!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: MadPooter on Aug 07, 2015, 02:22

For the past 13 years, I have kept a scrap book of sorts. More of a collage I've made.

Most of the ticket stubs are for Chemical Brothers shows, but not necessarily. Some of the selections were a bit arbitrary, perhaps, but all of the shows were noteworthy.

For the past few years, though, I neglected a few. M83, for instance, was incredibly moving, and I wish I had included the stub from that.

But the reason why I'm posting a pic of it here is that I finally was motivated again to add to the collage. Without question.



Cool man! I see you went to the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam... sweet! 2002, 2005 or 2007?

2007.

@KNE: Man. That's sad music going on there.

Fucking amazing show. Props to you for making the journey!

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.