How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

London (All Points East) Roll call

Started by Ben_j, May 16, 2019, 13:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Who's going to All Points East next week, and who want to meetup?

I'll be there with my wife. We're keeping Friday more or less plan-free. What's going on on your end?

I'll get in London at around noon (if my Eurostar trip goes without issue), will check in at my hotel and then I didn't do any plans either. I just want to be in the festival by 6PM to see Spiritualized , Little Dragon or Roisin Murphy.

We're staying in east-ish London near Brick Lane/Liverpool St station. About a 35 minute walk or 20 minute transit trip to the festival. Whereabouts are you gonna be? We also want to get there in time for Spiritualized!

I'll be staying near the Stepney Green station, south of the Victoria Park.

I'm in this Friday, not seen the Chems live for a while now so I am quite excited.
Hoping to be on site by 3pm as I want to see DMX Krew again, he kicks ass.

(newb here, life long fan, first saw them at Reading Festival in 1999 and they destroyed everyone else on the bill)

Quote from: Soloman Tump on May 22, 2019, 14:56

I'm in this Friday, not seen the Chems live for a while now so I am quite excited.
Hoping to be on site by 3pm as I want to see DMX Krew again, he kicks ass.

(newb here, life long fan, first saw them at Reading Festival in 1999 and they destroyed everyone else on the bill)
I never heard DMX Krew before, it sounds great! I somehow thought it was the rapper DMX and didn't pay too much attention.

Yep he is well worth checking out, live electro with analogue kit. Been in the game since the 90s too.

We'll be hanging around East London near Brick Lane and Spitalfields market then planning on walking over to the festival. It's a bit of a walk but a good place to meet up

The set is very fun. Try to get in half way to the front. Most other shows I have been big on being by FoH, but there are enough moments of smoke and lights that it feels best to be in the crowd, but a bit back. Felt this way in Mexico 2018.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a blast, guys! May it be as exciting as Chems shows can be!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

As no Polish dates surface, I was thinking about this gig till the last minute.
Ultimately, this being a festival show, I decided not to go.
Will probably aim at those November dates if nothing else shows up.
I have never seen them indoors.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on May 24, 2019, 08:00

As no Polish dates surface, I was thinking about this gig till the last minute.
Ultimately, this being a festival show, I decided not to go.
Will probably aim at those November dates if nothing else shows up.
I have never seen them indoors.

I had never seen them indoors until last week. Even though it was my first time seeing them indoors the experience felt so nostalgic to me. I recommend if you have a chance!

Have fun at the show everyone!!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Thanks Whirly!

@Ben, tried to message you but I dunno if it went through. Gonna have spotty WiFi for the remainder of the evening. PM me if you want my number and are on WhatsApp so we can connect. If not have a great time at the show!!

Hope all of you have the best chemical experience ever! Be safe and have fun!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Right at the front left of the stage, come hang!
Hot chip are setting up as I speak
𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕
𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎

Thought it was a great set. I haven't seen them live for a few years, missed the BITE tour completely. Really enjoyed it. Great sounds, liked the mors minimal visuals actually too.

Looks like it was live steamed on YouTube
Anyone get an audio rip?

Quote from: Ben Glass on May 25, 2019, 21:26

Looks like it was live steamed on YouTube
Anyone get an audio rip?

Did you find a link to the youtoube video ?