Jerk Chicken

Just Bang

Started by nekoland, Jul 15, 2015, 10:27

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm loving this song

I get the feeling this one will divide opinion. Sounds like it's straight outta 1993. Could be in a mix with Slam's Positive Education or something along those lines.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 15, 2015, 10:53

I get the feeling this one will divide opinion. Sounds like it's straight outta 1993. Could be in a mix with Slam's Positive Education or something along those lines.

Agreed. Sounds like an early Chicago or Detroit Acid track. It has so far bee the biggest grower on me since first listen.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I don't like it. Its annoying

you gotta dance to it
it is old skool yo
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't... I mean, it... It's not really...

.. It's... Uhh...

.. It's not really a Chemical Brothers track is it...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Love it! But then again, I've been really into old school stuff the past years. Reminds me of random 12" I'd buy years ago from the early 90s just because they were on a label I know and they were cheap.

This will probably be the most underrated track on the album. It has a lot going on, but you have to look for it.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Aug 13, 2015, 22:28

This will probably be the most underrated track on the album. It has a lot going on, but you have to look for it.
It has some stuff going on in the background, yes, and I do like the rim shots, the percussions, the prodigy-esque howling synth sound and the oriental sample. It does capture the old school techno vibe pretty damn good, I have to admit. That's why I respect it for that. But it's also one of those tracks I would hear in a club and go "well, yeah, it's alright, nice filler, when's the interesting part of the set coming?" It sounds like the tons of other tracks produced in this era that were not that special but adhered to their genre. If somebody came to me and said "listen to this great track", I'd reply "hm, yeah, cool, but have you heard anything from the Chemical Brothers yet? They're awesome!"

It's way too long in my opinion without going anywhere. I can't help it, I often get the urge to skip this one. But as Tom said: "Not every song has to be the meaning of life" :)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 14, 2015, 09:04

But as Tom said: "Not every song has to be the meaning of life" :)

This one has the meaning to rave till your body drops dead. In a good way of course  ;D.

I absolutely agree with Csar.

I have an ever growing love for this tune (jamming out to it right now, in fact) but it really should have been released as a Tom solo record on Aus or something.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I agree with Enjoyed.  It's got a great old school tech vibe, but it really is out of place on this record.  Sounds like old school FSOL to me...

Quote from: chmandre on Aug 26, 2015, 22:00

I agree with Enjoyed.  It's got a great old school tech vibe, but it really is out of place on this record.  Sounds like old school FSOL to me...
Thanks! That's what I was trying to say!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hi there i'm a new entry what you think about just bang?
I think is a perfectly EBW and they use it at the Beats 1 mix
but i don't like it because it have no melody ???

Edit:
Hi Nick and welcome to the boards! I merged your topic with the existing Just Bang one!

xx
Csar
Last Edit: Sep 06, 2015, 12:25 by Csar
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Quote from: chemreact on Jul 18, 2015, 21:38

I don't like it. Its annoying
Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 12, 2015, 21:13

It doesn't... I mean, it... It's not really...

.. It's... Uhh...

.. It's not really a Chemical Brothers track is it...
Quote from: Csar on Aug 14, 2015, 09:04

But it's also one of those tracks I would hear in a club and go "well, yeah, it's alright, nice filler, when's the interesting part of the set coming?" It sounds like the tons of other tracks produced in this era that were not that special but adhered to their genre. If somebody came to me and said "listen to this great track", I'd reply "hm, yeah, cool, but have you heard anything from the Chemical Brothers yet? They're awesome!"

It's way too long in my opinion without going anywhere. I can't help it, I often get the urge to skip this one.

All my feelings about this.

Can't remember where I said this but thought it would've been a good Simian Mobile Disco track but not good enough for a Chems one. It does feel out of place especially after Ill see you there. Too much of a contrast straight after that track and then you go back into hypnosis psychedelia goodness with reflexion. Which is why I skip Just Bang sometimes on my entire album listens.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Now that I've had some time for Born In The Echoes to sink in, Just Bang has surprisingly grown on me. It was one of two of the most challenging tracks on the album for me. It's not near my favorites from the album, but it's something I've grown to like and appreciate even though I still find it a bit disjointed and abrupt.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I am happy people are coming around to Just Bang. If it was played live, it would destroy crowds.

I got used to it. I don't like the track and could very well do without it (the same goes for Taste Of Honey and Born In The Echoes). As I listen mostly to complete albums the urge to skip these tracks is now gone and I sometimes find myself to enjoy them, or at least parts, a little bit. But I know that I wouldn't listen to music like this if it weren't part of an otherwise excellent album.