Life Is Sweet

The best live track variations?

Started by oHUTCHYo, Jul 15, 2015, 11:41

Previous topic - Next topic
Just as Underworld do, I love how every years tour set brings something different, I say love, but also secretly hate as want the actual track variation so bad.

So what's your favourite live moment?

For me it is a hard choice of two;

2015 Glastonbury, the insane acid overlay on Under the Influence, amazing.  Click Me

The other, 1997 Glastonbury, again some great acid overlay on Three Birdies / Open Up

This right here...

It kills me every time.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

1997 Three Little Birdies Down Beats
2002/2004 Electronic Battle Weapon 6
2004 Under The Influence/It Doesn't Matter (with the red and blue robots)
2008 Do It Again + The Big Jump

This gotta be my favorite variation of all time.

The Pills Won't Help You Now/We Are The Night
2011 Encore
Under The Influence/Out Of Control (2010)
Setting Sun (1999-2000)
Flashback
Come Inside/Chemical Beats (2004-2005)
Morning Lemon/Get Yourself High (2005)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

1999 Chemical Beats
2005 Music Response
2007 UTI

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jul 15, 2015, 13:24

This right here...

(...)

It kills me every time.

Yes! Snow => Surface To Air FTW!

And Dust Up Beats => Loops Of Fury

no idea, no idea

This right here...

It kills me every time.

Dat Rolling Stones sample. Gawd...  :o

I remember hearing Temptation/Star Guitar (Live from Brixton Academy) for the first time on the American EP. Having been so in love with Star Guitar for such a long time, I never imagined it could get any better... Then those chords came in at 3:42 and it was like falling in love all over again.
Hearing those chords for the first time live brought actual tears of joy to my eyes. And now I sing them whenever I hear the original. They are perfect.

I really love the chopped up Music: Response stabs that they play before they properly start the track too.
Gling-gling... Gling-duh-gling-guhhhhhh.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Oooh, I forgot one, and I'm surprised nobody mentionned it yet : the Block Rockin Beats "breakdown" transition from 2005

(at 4mn21s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3DXHYseanw&t=4m21s

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 16, 2015, 11:50

Oooh, I forgot one, and I'm surprised nobody mentionned it yet : the Block Rockin Beats "breakdown" transition from 2005
What i even love more are the visuals. Reminds me of the guy dancing with his guns for Music:Response. Love those.
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015, 12:03 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 16, 2015, 11:50

Yeah! The best one in my opinion.
The new Out Of Control/Setting Sun is awesome too.
Just get yourself high.

Ah yeah, The Test variation on 2002 mixed with the beat of Hey Boy Hey Girl, superb.

The 2015 version of UTI is ace
The mix of Snow/STA
2015 TSU
2005 Come Inside

The original setting sun live version (96/97) still blows my mind to this day then in (00) when they decided to emphasise a pulsating beat to it and strip it down more just for that in parts.

I had this on VHS recorded from a broadcast and recorded it to my minidisc player I loved it so much at the time. Theres probably a better quality version of it somewhere.

Last Edit: Jul 17, 2015, 13:55 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Saturate/Elektrobank/I'll See You There/Believe. Seriously this has to be my favorite part of the new liveshow. Saturate is as euphoric as ever, but it's marriage with Believe has been split. Instead,  we get the triumphant return of Elektrobank (which honestly i was so excited when i found out they brought it back), with Mark Monero getting strange again as he lip syncs to the psychedelic Keith Murray vocals, then transitioning into the pulsating synths and drumline of I'll See You There, which honestly as better layed out than the studio version, especially with it's freaked out, distorted, screeching synth ending (which i was hoping would be in the studio version) into Believe, which differs slightly from it's previous performances, especially with the middle buildup, but is still banging as hell, especially with the cameo of the Acid Father at the end! Again one of my favorite parts of the new show!  ;D

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Temptation/Star Guitar is brilliant, Come With Us was a greate opening track in 2002, I also much prefer HBHG later on in the sets, don't always enjoy it as an opening track

1997 - (The Best Part Of) Breaking Up / Not Another Drugstore

Insane mashup

This right here...

It kills me every time.

Kills me errtime too..
Last Edit: Jul 19, 2015, 23:32 by Enjoyed