I Know What to Do: I'm Going to Lose My Mind

2015 - Electric Zoo - New York

Started by Bosco, Aug 17, 2015, 05:59

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 06, 2015, 21:12

There's a surprising amount of space in that crowd. You get a serious uninhibited dance on in there.
Well, watching that crowd, I guess you'd probably get weird looks anyway If you started dancing.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Weird looks come as standard with the giraffe onesie.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

The two times I've seen the brothers at a festival ( Ultra in 2011 and ezoo this past weekend), the crowd clears out a bit for them. For one, in the US at least their tracks aren't on the typical satellite radio stations, and EDM djs in shitty clubs don't play their music. The crowd kinda doesn't know what to do, since people dont actually jam out and dance at the main stage, they just jump up and down to drops.

I'd pay big money to see them at a dedicated show again in NYC, but those days are long gone.

Quote from: Apostle on Sep 07, 2015, 01:32

The two times I've seen the brothers at a festival ( Ultra in 2011 and ezoo this past weekend), the crowd clears out a bit for them. For one, in the US at least their tracks aren't on the typical satellite radio stations, and EDM djs in shitty clubs don't play their music. The crowd kinda doesn't know what to do, since people dont actually jam out and dance at the main stage, they just jump up and down to drops.

I'd pay big money to see them at a dedicated show again in NYC, but those days are long gone.

Hm. If you can't get excited about the greatness unfolding right before your eyes and ears, then I don't know what else gets you going in music. Discovering new music is a great adventure. But if you don't like the sound, fair enough.
Even if this sounds unfair or assumptive, but I can sometimes sense by the looks 'n haircut of people what type of person might be underneath. And I feel there were a good deal of "simple minded" EDM kiddos.
Last Edit: Sep 07, 2015, 06:05 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hello! It's Gian from Brotherhood FB Group! I was @ the show, it was great! I'll See You There was a highlight. @Apostle Might have been me you spoke too :)    Another great moment was when myself & another fan who knew all the lyrics throughout the show instantly pointed at each other & immediately sung the Elektrobank verse "who is this doin this" you got the idea haha! I don't know who that guy is but your awesome!

Also, I'd like to mention that I felt I matured in a sense @ this show. The past times I've scene them I'd always over think the whole thing, & worry about getting up to the front "for the best seat". Though each time, I wouldn't enjoy, for sound, viewing & crowded reasons... When TSU was starting up a spiritual force pushed me towards the back of the crowd, when that dubby bass & trip beat dropped I viewed the whole ambiance of the show & how it spun through  the crowd. It was beautiful. Then I met many other cool fans from Brotherhood FB and partied hard the last few songs. Seeing others energy rather than myself was magical. It felt like the scene from Don't Think when the girl is discovering different  areas of the festival in a way. Also felt great seeing new fans being born. I now realize the magic of Chems @ a festival & why they play them so often. From a perspective of someone who doesn't know of them, they have this mysterious persona randomly popping up on a festival flyer. They give the chance for the new comers to have that explosion yet have the loyal old soul rockers in the back. I think Surrender explains this feeling well & is what it's all about. I'm tired & can't express my thoughts clearly, I'll talk more later!

Welcome, Gian! Seems like you had a blast at the show! What's better than to enjoy excitement together with other equally excited fans of an artist?! Shared passion is a great thing. I remember the London Olympic Stadium gig in 2008 where I brought a friend and met a stranger from Germany, who had gotten the tickets for me. My friend really wasn't into anything that happened there. She disliked the visuals too because they were too crazy for her to comprehend and made funny remarks about them inducing seizure like effects :D. However, she decided to sit on a chair near the exit door waiting for the show to end while the stranger and I were dancing our feet off. But in her defense, she was a great sport and came along at least.

Last Edit: Sep 10, 2015, 10:27 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Gian, were you in VIP? Black(ish) Chem Bros shirt? Beard? If so, yup that was you. If not, then a bunch of us had the same idea!
Last Edit: Sep 10, 2015, 22:32 by Apostle

@Apostle Hmm, wasn't me then... Sounds like the description of the guy I sung Elektrobank with... I was wearing a black chem logo T, & said the same thing when I got a nod for it hah

@Csar Yes it's great, probably the most important aspect of any concert! Nice story there!
Last Edit: Sep 11, 2015, 03:57 by Spiritual Vibes

EZoo was my first time seeing them. Been a fan for a long time, that set completely blew me away. Me and my GF were dancing and laughing the whole time. Loved the guy yelling at the phone visual for Elektrobank. And yea there was a lot of room to get your dance on out there. Thought the sound was great. Easily best set of music I've seen all year.

Oh need to mention this one. There was a dude in front of me during the set that was clearly Facetiming the show to what appeared to be his dad. It was great!

This is insane! Remember I stated about the guy I screamed the Elektrobank Lyrics with? This is him and he recorded most of the show with his Go Pro. His reactions to the songs are great haha! Unfortunately he said the battery went out half way :(

I was there! It was fuckin unreal!!! That was my second chem bros gig at the same festival really cool but would be much better if you guys came to Canada nice people nice landscapes!