Born In the Echoes

Tarantino at the Trafalgar Square 2007 show?

Started by Ben_j, Jun 01, 2019, 14:22

Previous topic - Next topic
I was watching a video of Hold Tight London at Trafalgar Square in 2007 and a vague memory of seeing Quentin Tarantino at that show in the video popped back. Did I dream it or is it really a thing?

Not sure why he would be there, unless they were in the midst of shooting 'Inglourious Bastards'. But still, I don't think any shots were in London.

Has anyone seen celebrities at a Chems event? Maybe this should be the thread for that. I know they had some of the GoT crew at one of their shows recently.

Totally unrelated, but sticking with celebrity theme... movie actress and 'Out of Control' girl Rosario Dawson is dating 2020 US presidential candidate and New Jersey Senator Cory Booker. It would be wild if the Cory should be elected as President and  chems would have a link to the potential First Lady.

I don't recall seeing Tarantino in any of the footage, might have to dust off the footage and watch it again. I was also there on the night and didn't see him!

What I can confirm is the gig was 9 September 2007 and Tarantino was in London on at the very least the 19 and 20 September 2007 doing in-store signings promoting the release of Death Proof. I know this because I went to one but long story short never got to meet him. Did he get to London earlier to take in a Chem's gig...?

Edit: He was in Dublin on the 14th: https://www.firstfocus.ie/Events/Quentin-Tarantino-HMV-signing/i-DZnMdTV/

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 01, 2019, 18:10

Has anyone seen celebrities at a Chems event? Maybe this should be the thread for that. I know they had some of the GoT crew at one of their shows recently.
At All Points East, during Hot Chip I saw someone who looked a lot like Topher Grace. I don't think it was him, but he looked just like him.

I will watch the Trafalgar Square footage again, see if I can spot Tarantino

I found a post on the forum archive where I talked about it already, but not much precisions...
http://benjisbrk.com/public/chemicalbrothersforum/forum.thechemicalbrothers.com/index3b8e.html
I quickly browsed the Trafalgar video but didn't find it, I will have a more thorough look tonight

EDIT: found another one
http://benjisbrk.com/public/chemicalbrothersforum/forum.thechemicalbrothers.com/index9dc3.html#entry162499

I was at that show but I can't say that I noticed Tarantino there.

Of celebrities who were there, Lily Allen was watching the show from the side of the stage. She and Ed briefly became an item after that night, although it didn't work out well.

^ and that's how the GoT crew connection happened. Alfie Allen is Lily's younger brother plays Theon Greyjoy.

I seem to remember searching through instagram and they also met up with current mayor of Kiev and former boxer Vitali Klitschko (took on Lennox Lewis in a brutal heavyweight bout).

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 09, 2019, 19:26
^ and that's how the GoT crew connection happened. Alfie Allen is Lily's younger brother plays Theon Greyjoy.

Oh, I hadn't realised he was her brother. It's a small world, eh? ;)