How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

Flashback Friday

Started by Stefan, Jun 07, 2019, 11:10

Previous topic - Next topic

here come the drums?

yes!
yes!
pourquoi?
No! Papal Disco
Maybe I'll find a friend... to spend the weekend
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 16, 2019, 11:08

^ My bad! I put Nude Night into the little search option on their YT page and it didnt come up "This channel has no content that matched "nude night"). I also thought I had scrolled through all their video uploads. Even now I'm struggling to find it that way. Maybe I don't know how to YouTube properly!
Well to be fair it's a little tricky to find, I went on youtube music to find it

Further videos are getting updated to 4k now!
It's weird that Swoon is missing, being one of the singles and one of the brothers favourite. I guess it will pop on friday.

Just realized that GTKO is only available in 480p and Free Yourself is limited to 720p. Was this always the case? Seems pretty weird as these are those most contemporary videos for the Bros in the age of HD.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 17, 2019, 13:02

Just realized that GTKO is only available in 480p and Free Yourself is limited to 720p. Was this always the case? Seems pretty weird as these are those most contemporary videos for the Bros in the age of HD.
They're both in HD for me

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 17, 2019, 13:32

Same here, both in 1080
no idea, no idea

Wonders and K+D+B isnt blocked in USA anymore but Another world :'(
still got parts of that mountain to climb
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 17, 2019, 14:28

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 17, 2019, 13:32

Same here, both in 1080

Yeah, I figured out that I had YT's vp9 codec disabled (due to issues with 50/ 60p content) and these videos are not available in HD quality for h264 apparently.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Music for this week :

Another World
Another World (Radio Edit)
Another World (Instrumental) (previously unreleased)
Horse Power (Popof Remix)

Swoon
Swoon (Radio Edit)
Swoon (Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas Remix)
Swoon (Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix / Edit)
Swoon (Boys Noize Summer Remix)
Swoon (Boys Noize Instrumental)

Further
Don't Think

No "Pourquoi" :(

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 18, 2019, 12:18

Music for this week :

Another World
Another World (Radio Edit)
Another World (Instrumental) (previously unreleased)
Horse Power (Popof Remix)

Swoon
Swoon (Radio Edit)
Swoon (Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas Remix)
Swoon (Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix / Edit)
Swoon (Boys Noize Summer Remix)
Swoon (Boys Noize Instrumental)

Further
Don't Think

No "Pourquoi" :(

What a yawn of a week. Don't Think was already a part of Further. To leave off Pourquoi was a stupid move.

Honestly, this whole Flashback Friday was a bit of a letdown. Was there actually any unreleased material at all?

Quote from: neorev on Jul 18, 2019, 12:36

To leave off Pourquoi was a stupid move. Was there actually any unreleased material at all?

The Another World bit in bold that you quoted in your post above?

Ben_J considering Pourquoi is a French word, I bet you're dying to ask T&E: "Pouquoi no Pourquoi?" on social media. This only came out as an M4A on US itunes didn't it? I wonder if there could still be legal issues with apple/itunes?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 18, 2019, 13:34

The Another World bit in bold that you quoted in your post above?

So the answer is 1... and it's not even an unheard track or remix. It's just an instrumental of a track we already know of.

Honestly, this whole Flashback Friday was a bit of a letdown.

I'm loving it because I mostly listen from Spotify these days.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

What a yawn of a week. Don't Think was already a part of Further. To leave off Pourquoi was a stupid move.

Honestly, this whole Flashback Friday was a bit of a letdown. Was there actually any unreleased material at all?
Do it Again, The Salmon Dance and The Boxer instrumentals were also unreleased afaik

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 18, 2019, 14:34

Do it Again, The Salmon Dance and The Boxer instrumentals were also unreleased afaik

Do It Again was on CHEMSTDJ25 (12", Europe) & The Salmon Dance on CHEMSDJ26 (CD, UK). The Boxer was on an promo for the United Kingdom

edit:
btw, here's Swoon in 4K

no idea, no idea

Honestly, this whole Flashback Friday was a bit of a letdown.
To be honest I was thinking the same, but they're probably doing the videos to get it outta the way, at the same time they're rereleasing EPs as well (probably a subtle promotion for the Surrender box set).
maybe once they're done with BITE next week, they'll get to the good stuff
Last Edit: Jul 20, 2019, 18:55 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 18, 2019, 14:51

Do It Again was on CHEMSTDJ25 (12", Europe) & The Salmon Dance on CHEMSDJ26 (CD, UK). The Boxer was on an promo for the United Kingdom

But those were all promos

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 18, 2019, 19:37

at the same time they're rereleasing remastered EPs as well

What makes people think these are remasters? I never heard the word remaster mentioned and these releases sound like the original versions we all have. They literally used the album mixed/blended versions of tracks. Let's not forget the glitches across many of them. But I do not believe they have been remastered whatsoever.

Well, time to listen watch experience Further all over again.

Dammn this is so godlike