here come the drums?

yes!
yes!
pourquoi?
No! Papal Disco
Maybe I'll find a friend... to spend the weekend
Quote from: SouthernBrother on Jul 13, 2019, 03:11
All Rights Reversed (Fight The Drabs Mix) r

It's added to Brotherhood on Spotify. It wasn't before?
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

The further visual remaster is amazing! Vast improvement on the 480p dvd.

Strangely quiet from chemical HQ today
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 19, 2019, 20:00

Dammn this is so godlike

You're goddamn right!

Quote from: kosek on Jul 19, 2019, 20:43

It's added to Brotherhood on Spotify.
But why? Or was it part of Brotherhood in some countries back then?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 19, 2019, 21:41
But why? Or was it part of Brotherhood in some countries back then?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Chemical-Brothers-Brotherhood/release/3484813

iTunes exclusive, featuring All Rights Reversed (Fight The Drabs Mix) (track 16) not available elsewhere.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on Jul 19, 2019, 21:53

https://www.discogs.com/The-Chemical-Brothers-Brotherhood/release/3484813

iTunes exclusive, featuring All Rights Reversed (Fight The Drabs Mix) (track 16) not available elsewhere.

Actually, it has been on the Japanese lossless digital music store OTOTOY for a long time. It's where I got it from.

https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/135770

Quote from: kosek on Jul 19, 2019, 20:43
It's added to Brotherhood on Spotify. It wasn't before?
It's been on Spotify for ages

OK, folks...
I have the attention of Chems HQ and I want to let them know about the audio glitches in the reissues and other things. As it was mentioned earlier, Seal has glitches in the reissued version. Please comment exactly where. Let's also share here the other audio glitches, such as within the first 30 or so seconds of Not Another Drugstore. Also how the single mixes of some tracks, like BRB and Elektro were replaced with their album mixes on the reissues. I want to present them a proper list so that they can possibly go thru and fix some of these.

Please post your discoveries.

For example:
Block Rockin Beats reissue EP: BRB full mix is the mixed album version and not the unmixed one from the original single

Elektrobank reissue EP : Elektrobank is the same, album mix with blends
Not Another Drugstore (original 5:30 version) - glitch at 0:12 and 0:23

Out Of Control : The Sasha Remix Radio Edit, it's not that. It's the original radio edit cut from a mix somewhere, stops abruptly too!

Believe Live At Milano Forum has several glitches throughout the track! Needs to be listened to in headphones. I can hear scratching/glitches at the left side - 0:50 - 1:48 - 2:20 - 2:28

Seal has glitches as mentioned. h
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2019, 18:35 by neorev

No glitch, but the 'Dissolve' video on Youtube is still only 480p.
Oh and please tell them that EP prices up to £13.49 are insane.

Thanks! :)

Quote from: neorev on Jul 23, 2019, 18:16

I want to present them a proper list so that they can possibly go thru and fix some of these.
You gonna mention the lack of Pourquoi outside of USA?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Videos this week:

Wide Open, 4k

Sometimes I Feel So Deserted, 4k

Go, 4k

Music this week :

Sometimes I Feel So Deserted
Sometimes I Feel So Deserted (Radio Edit)
Sometimes I Feel So Deserted (Skream Remix)
Sometimes I Feel So Deserted (C2 Trigger Rmx)

Go
Go (Radio Edit)
Go
Go (Edge Of Control Dub)
Go (Claude VonStroke Remix)
Go (Special Request Basement Remix)
Go (Special Request Warehouse Remix)
Go (Extended Mix)
Go (Extended Mix)

Wide Open
Wide Open (Edit)
Wide Open (Kölsch Remix)
Wide Open (Joe Goddard Remix)
Wide Open (By The Light Of The Moon Mix)

C-h-e-m-i-c-a-l
C-h-e-m-i-c-a-l (Edit)
C-h-e-m-i-c-a-l

Weird that they have Go Extended mix twice... And no instrumental :(

Last Edit: Jul 25, 2019, 12:05 by Ben_j

Hey guys,

Chems are now aware of the issues on thesw releases and the ridiculous pricing and they're not happy about it. They are contacting the label about it.

But if you do find any more glitches, please let me know. They like to have the notations so they can hear the issue.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 26, 2019, 20:57

Hey guys,

Chems are now aware of the issues on thesw releases and the ridiculous pricing and they're not happy about it. They are contacting the label about it.

But if you do find any more glitches, please let me know. They like to have the notations so they can hear the issue.

If we could slip in to add Pourquoi to Further, too. And Don't Think (the live album) on streaming services.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 26, 2019, 21:27

If we could slip in to add Pourquoi to Further, too. And Don't Think (the live album) on streaming services.

I passed this on to the Chem team.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 26, 2019, 20:57

Hey guys,

Good work on bringing this issue to light!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also made another suggestion to them in case it is too late to get these songs on their respective releases, how about a B-Sides Vol. 2???? It's been 12 years! Since the Singles 93-03 isn't on services, I included the 3 exclusive tracks.

Suggestions:

Pourquoi
The Rock Drill
Delik
The Duke
Otter Rock
Her Jazz
My Mercury Mouth
Dust Up Beats (Wipeout XL mix only on the video game disc)
Superflash ;)
Keep Your Composure (Heroes Mix)
Fantai
Eve Of Dubstruction (so it's not by its lonely self)

Any other ideas?
I guess they could even include tracks like The Golden Path, Get Yourself High, Midnight Madness, Keep Your Composure.

I don't know if UMC has the rights to Velodrome or This Is Not A Game.

Some of this Flashback Friday stuff seems really odd. Most of the last few weeks' "new" releases have been available on Spotify in Canada already, albeit not in these more cohesive EP formats (ie. different remixes getting their own one song single releases). Am I wrong in assuming these were all widely available in other regions and on other streaming services?

I definitely expected to be seeing songs from neorev's list getting priority treatments based  on the way this campaign was rolled out, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm thankful tunes like "Power Move" are now available but some actual rarities like "Otter Rock" or "Delik" would be a real treat, not to mention "Rock Drill" or the og Dust Brothers (although sampling issues are probably preventing these as we all know). Give us Singles '04-'19 already!! If that's too much to ask at least put' 93-'03 up for us!

Quote from: neorev on Jul 27, 2019, 19:05
Any other ideas?
Dope Coil, Be That Thing, Dust-Up Beats (eventualy replaced version)

Edit: Full length version of the later Dust-Up Beats which was only released on promo-cassettes. And the full length version of Chemical Beats from the FCS EP. Oh, and the Miguel version of everything.
Last Edit: Jul 28, 2019, 12:22 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea