Electronic Battle Weapon 11
Theme from Velodrome
Last Edit: Jul 28, 2019, 10:19 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 28, 2019, 09:23

Alive Alone (Coconut Dub)
What?

Edit: This really exists  :o
no idea, no idea

I know why there are two Go (Extended Mix), one is censored and the other is not... Still weird to add both versions...

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 28, 2019, 12:16

What?

Edit: This really exists  :o
Quote from: neorev on Jul 29, 2019, 05:17

I've never heard this

I know it's kinda square to say "I prefer the regular version" but, I prefer the regular version. Might work in a Trip Hop mixtape though.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 29, 2019, 14:36

I know it's kinda square to say "I prefer the regular version" but, I prefer the regular version.
I totally agree with you, but the thing with it (or more specific with my  :o ) is the fact that this is official. It's an official mix/version/somewhat by the Brothers themselves and i never heard about it. Yes i know, it never was released an cd or vinyl or cassette or shellac or digitaly, but at least you know about the songs they've made and where at least played once (like the Massive Attack remix or the Doves remix or) - and it didn't happen with this for me.
no idea, no idea

All these mess ups really make me worry me about the Surrender boxset. I hope some did some quality checks before sending this stuff off to pressing plants. I believe Universal was behind the Beastie Boys' To The 5 Boroughs digital reissue and it also had a glitch.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 27, 2019, 04:17

P.S. I also asked about The Rock Drill

Rock Drill Advocacy Group
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: neorev on Jul 29, 2019, 20:45

All these mess ups really make me worry me about the Surrender boxset. I hope some did some quality checks before sending this stuff off to pressing plants. I believe Universal was behind the Beastie Boys' To The 5 Boroughs digital reissue and it also had a glitch.

Don't worry, it's two different things. The summer flashback friday is something directed by Universal on many of their artists (including The Chems and Beastie Boys).

Hey guys,

It looks like they are actually fixing the releases! I was checking the Japan store I usually visit and noticed new releases (doubles) for The Boxer, We Are The Night, and Out Of Control. The Boxer (Edit) is actually the edited version now, under 4 minutes where the original reissue was a 6 minute version. I noticed the Sasha Remix Radio Edit of Out Of Control is now 4:17 where the original reissue was under 4 minutes, and I'm guessing they fixed the glitches in Seal hopefully since that release also has a double. So we're getting there!

Just checked the Japanese store and there are new releases for Block Rockin' Beats and Elektrobank! This time with their single versions and not the album mixes of BRB and EB and I'm guessing they fixed the glitch in Not Another Drugstore.

These should be rolling out in other stores soon.

No flashback today?
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

As someone who has not been following "Flashback Friday" (and too lazy to read 9 pages of posts) can someone  make a list/summarize what has been made available so far. I would appreciate it.

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 02, 2019, 22:15

can someone  make a list/summarize what has been made available so far
We didn't get Here Come The Drums by now. Same with Hot Acid Rhythm 2
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 02, 2019, 22:15

As someone who has not been following "Flashback Friday" (and too lazy to read 9 pages of posts) can someone  make a list/summarize what has been made available so far. I would appreciate it.
All music videos remastered as 4k or 1080p. All Singles and EPs (except for vinyl only ones) rereleased with some unreleased stuff (instrumentals), almost all B-Sides except for Pourqioi and the stuff from Singles 93-03

Quote from: kosek on Aug 02, 2019, 16:52

No flashback today?
The announcement back then said "every Friday until August".

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 03, 2019, 08:46

The announcement back then said "every Friday until August".
RIP Problem:Question

(I Blame UMG)
Last Edit: Aug 04, 2019, 02:11 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Kind of a bummer. Was expecting a little bit more from this.

And no HBG reissues, WTF?

01 Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Radio Edit)
02 Flashback
03 Scale
04 Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Album Version)
05 Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Extended Version)
06 Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Soulwax Mix)

What it should have been

Quote from: neorev on Aug 03, 2019, 22:30

Kind of a bummer. Was expecting a little bit more from this.

And no HBG reissues, WTF?

01 Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Radio Edit)
02 Flashback
03 Scale
04 Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Album Version)
05 Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Extended Version)
06 Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Soulwax Mix)

What it should have been
Pretty sure they're saving this to promote the Surrender Boxset. With the recent unhearthing of HBHG Kink remix, I'm pretty sure we're in for a HBHG EP reissue with new remixes

FLASH-BLACK FRIDAY EDITION
Drop tomorrow!

01 Hey Boy Hey Girl (Radio Edit) 3:32    
02 Hey Boy Hey Girl (Soulwax Remix) 7:14    
03 Flashback 5:20    
04 Scale 3:43    
05 Hey Boy Hey Girl (Extended Version) 6:07

Damn, and I was pretty fucking close too with the tracklist I said above. Only missing the album version lol.