Started by Stefan, Jun 07, 2019, 11:10

Previous topic - Next topic

here come the drums?

yes!
yes!
pourquoi?
No! Papal Disco
Maybe I'll find a friend... to spend the weekend
Ben_j is right. According to the YT quality settings, HBHG is already in (pseudo) 1080 HD and 4k

Also OOC

Let Forever Be in 1080p

Life Is Sweet
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I don't understand why ??? some of those are 4k and some just 1080p

Quote from: neorev on Jun 21, 2019, 09:03

There's more actually.

Leave Home and Life is Sweet were already rereleased two weeks ago

Good question. But to be honest, those aren't really 4ks and HDs anyway. They're looking real good though for remasterd video material.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

These prices for the EPs are a bit insane though. Music Response and Out Of Control are almost 14 pounds each on Qobuz. I went onto a Japanese lossless site and they wanted $28 each!!! WTF, Chems?

Yessss Power Move, Enjoyed and Piku Playground officially on Spotify now!!

Quote from: neorev on Jun 21, 2019, 12:15

These prices for the EPs are a bit insane though. Music Response and Out Of Control are almost 14 pounds each on Qobuz. I went onto a Japanese lossless site and they wanted $28 each!!! WTF, Chems?
They are indeed insane. The newly uploaded/extended releases combined are basically as expensive as the whole Surrender CD/DVD box set (physiscal release).

I just looked up YT for new Chemical content and UMG apparently has also updated some tracks. Among them is Leave Home and this thumbnail really caught my eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utC-1sME-Vk&list=RDyGc2iSHwdPs&index=3

Or for those that might be region-blocked:

— Aurora (The Seed)

Haha it's listed as being from a comp called "Brexit Music"
The title of the song they picked makes me think it's specifically pro-Brexit music, which a cursory glance at the @chembros twitter feed suggests Tom & Ed aren't gonna be happy about
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on Jun 22, 2019, 21:34

Haha it's listed as being from a comp called "Brexit Music"
The title of the song they picked makes me think it's specifically pro-Brexit music, which a cursory glance at the @chembros twitter feed suggests Tom & Ed aren't gonna be happy about

Looks quite pro remain to me. Most of the tracks are along the line of "Don't leave"

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 22, 2019, 23:07

Looks quite pro remain to me. Most of the tracks are along the line of "Don't leave"

They've also got "Let's Leave" by Ida Maria, which suggests to me that they mostly just snatched up the broadest possible range of songs with "leave" and "stay" in the title that they were able to quickly license to cash in on a hot-button topic
"European Son" and "Can We Still Be Friends?" are inspired picks, though

(The YouTube playlist, for anyone who's curious:)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kTuOiCgTrr6uj4SqpmGZFk7NO68VNReZQ
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

I picked of Life Is Sweet, Music: Response, and Let Forever Be. Did anyone here pick up the Leave Home and Out Of Control EP reissues in lossless?

Quote from: neorev on Jun 24, 2019, 01:33

Did anyone here pick up the Leave Home and Out Of Control EP reissues in lossless?
I wanted to but they're just too expensive.
Strangely, the expanded Out Of Control is not on 7Digital, just on Qobuz.

I think Hey Boy Hey Girl is going to be swapped out. It is listed on Qobuz, but now when you click the link, it comes up not found. Be cool if they reissue it with the extended mix added.

Quote from: M_O_N_O on Jun 24, 2019, 17:16

I wanted to but they're just too expensive.
Strangely, the expanded Out Of Control is not on 7Digital, just on Qobuz.

I wanted to make a trade due to how expensive. My Life Is Sweet, Music: Response, and Let Forever Be reissue WAVs for Out Of Control and Leave Home reissue WAVs. To help save a little money.

But I do believe the prices will drop eventually. Maybe in a week or two or possibly a month. But the preview reissue EPs were expensive too and then the prices dropped. 

Digital releases this week:
Come With Us/The Test EP
The Golden Path
Get Yourself High EP

Videos:
Star Guitar 1080p

The Test, in 4k, fuck yes!

The Golden Path, 1080p

Noice! Was Galavanize mentioned too?

— Aurora (The Seed)

COME WITH US / THE TEST
01 Come With Us (Edit) 3:41
02 The Test (Edit) 4:34
03 H.I.A. 7:15
04 Come With Us (H-Foundation Remix) 8:16
05 Come With Us (Fatboy Slim Remix Edit) 3:18
06 Come With Us (Fatboy Slim Remix) 7:22
07 Star Guitar (Trisco La Funk Dub) 7:06
08 Temptation / Star Guitar (Live From Brixton Academy / 2002) 8:54
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/come-with-us-the-test-the-chemical-brothers/mis09x5ooqwwa

GET YOURSELF HIGH
01 Get Yourself High (Radio Edit) 3:24
02 Get Yourself High 5:50
03 Get Yourself High (Extended Version) 6:51
04 Get Yourself High (Felix Da Housecat's Chemical Meltdown Mix) 6:38
05 Get Yourself High (Switches Rely On Rub) 6:21
06 The Golden Path (Ewan Pearson Extended Vocal) 6:35
07 The Golden Path (Ewan's Rave Hell Dub) 6:56
08 Nude Night 6:19
09 Get Yourself High (Switches Rely On Dub) 5:42
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/get-yourself-high-the-chemical-brothers-k-os/c44dxaomss2rc

THE GOLDEN PATH
01 The Golden Path (Radio Edit) 3:59
02 The Golden Path (Dexter's International Scribble Mix) 3:35
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/the-golden-path-the-chemical-brothers-the-flaming-lips/c7ua2xwr5ruya

Quote from: Csar on Jun 27, 2019, 19:34

Noice! Was Galavanize mentioned too?

I think it was still 480p when I checked.

Also, were those videos already 16/9? The Test is 16/9 but Star Guitar is not, and they were both released around the same time, when TV programs were not in HD. When they remaster them, do they also upgrade the ratio?