Previous topic - Next topic

here come the drums?

yes!
yes!
pourquoi?
No! Papal Disco
Maybe I'll find a friend... to spend the weekend
Quote from: sneakerbeater on Jul 06, 2019, 10:51

The further flashback could off some great content. If that album video was to be released in hd that really would be awesome. I've only watched the album a handful of times but it is truly an amazingly crafted piece of art. Plus there are a few exclusive that were never sold to the masses, porque? iTunes exclusive. Don't think Japanese exclusive and superflash, elusive.

Actually Pourqoui has been on Beatport for a long, long time...
https://www.beatport.com/release/pourquoi/332493

And Don't Think has been a part of Further on Beatport...
https://www.beatport.com/release/further/332560

Both can be bought in WAV. So not so exclusive.

rock

drill
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: neorev on Jul 06, 2019, 14:53

Actually Pourqoui has been on Beatport for a long, long time...
https://www.beatport.com/release/pourquoi/332493

It's a US exclusive, not available in Europe
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Jul 06, 2019, 10:51

Flashback Friday has not really met my expectations yet. I was hoping to see something a bit more exclusive. I'm really not that bothered for the remastered videos, I guess it's more aimed at the YouTube music consuming generation. Be interesting to see if this will eventually end up in some kind new compilation though further down the line.

As for lost remixes we've just had the push the button week and there was no the boxer 50:50 mix which I always thought was pretty fantastic.

I think from further era onwards the remastered single packs should get a physical release seeing they have been digital only releases! My old cd collection stops at do it again, for some reason I did not bother with the salmon dance cd single!

The further flashback could off some great content. If that album video was to be released in hd that really would be awesome. I've only watched the album a handful of times but it is truly an amazingly crafted piece of art. Plus there are a few exclusive that were never sold to the masses, porque? iTunes exclusive. Don't think Japanese exclusive and superflash, elusive.

Not complaining to much, we are getting a wonderfully blessed chemical year, it's just human nature to want more!

If we could get them to release C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L in 2016 surely we could push for an official Superflash release for a Further flashback?
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Jul 08, 2019, 04:23

surely we could push for an official Superflash release for a Further flashback?

That boat has sailed for me...or has it! No physical release, and I never got to see the live version. Maybe for the release of 'Singles 2004-2019'
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

One thing I would be over the moon for a Flashback Friday considering the trend the label is going with...

1080p the Hoops/Setting Sun & Temptation/Star Guitar Fuji Rocks performances.

I would make the argument that both recordings are the most iconic in the bands history. In the pre-youtube / stream everything 2003 era, it gave us an exclusive look at the live performance and to see 'unreleased' material (temptation live) that we couldn't of accessed as easily (save bad limewire / Kazaa links). Add the fact that Wowow (Japanese TV station) made a beautiful edit that captured the visuals, the intensity of everyone involved (Tom, Ed, Crowd, Adam in the background), and a snapshot of the Fuji Rock culture that has made it a pilgrimage for many of us. Because it was licensed to the label potentially means that they (the label) could still have an existing deal in the contract to use it in other forms of media that didn't exist at the time. We also know that Wowow has more footage not released on the Singles 93 - 03 DVD with The Sunshine Underground still floating around on Youtube (thanks to Sneaker).

You could also argue that the Red Rocks recording was just as iconic, but it felt more collaboration with Fatboy Slim partnering. Heck, I could see them going crazy and 'officially' releasing the Woodstock '99 with Surrender 20 coming out (with a few 'edits').
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

wonder why this is called flashback friday when half of the stuff is released days before
no idea, no idea

Finally, The Salmon Dance in HD and with curses now! I don't care what people say, I love this track and it's one of their best videos. This song is genius.

Didn't The Salmon Dance have a remix contest back in the day??? If so, does anyone still have those stems for download?
Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019, 04:29 by neorev

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 10, 2019, 21:57

wonder why this is called flashback friday when half of the stuff is released days before
The video reuploads take some time, they might do it during the week, and since they're updates on already existing videos they don't have an unlock date like you can usually do on YouTube videos (videos that were not on YT yet like Get Yourself High and Believe were unlocked on friday). Then on Friday they announce everything because new music releases are on Fridays so it fits with the music rereleases on digital platforms.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 11, 2019, 04:21

Finally, The Salmon Dance in HD and with curses now! I don't care what people say, I love this track and it's one of their best videos. This song is genius.
It's a fine track. However, I wished it was a b-side of WATN because, in my opinion, it didn't quite fit that album's vibe. From a marketing perspective it was quite clever though to include it as it certainly gave it some expostion to the mainstream. I still remember lots of folks that were disappointed that they didn't play it live back then.
But yeah, the Salmon video has benefitted the most so far from remastering along with the test and golden path. Wished they were shot on film to get a true HD/ 4K master, though.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 11, 2019, 04:21

Didn't The Salmon Dance have a remix contest back in the day??? If so, does anyone still have those stems for download?
I remember that contest, and luckily, I still have those wavs.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jyjb1c
Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019, 09:21 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Music for this week :

Do It Again EP
Do It Again (Edit)
Do It Again (Extended Mix)
Do It Again (Instrumental)
Do It Again (Oliver Huntemann Remix)
Do It Again (Audion's House Arrest Mix)
Do It Again (Audion's House Arrest Mix / Edit)
Do It Again (Oliver Huntemann Dub)
Clip Kiss

The Salmon Dance
The Salmon Dance (Edit)
The Salmon Dance (Crookers 'Wow' Mix)
The Salmon Dance (Heavily Smoked By The Glimmers)
The Salmon Dance (Hervé Remix)
The Salmon Dance (Instrumental)
Snooprah

THEY LEFT OUT "NO NEED". I can't believe it. All those remixes no one cares about and they forget No Need, one of their best b-sides.

The instrumentals, though, were they ever released officialy?

EDIT: I'm relieved, No Need and Seal were both added to We Are The Night. A little weird but I'll take it

Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019, 12:25 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 11, 2019, 12:18
EDIT: I'm relieved, No Need and Seal were both added to We Are The Night. A little weird but I'll take it
That kind of makes some sense. I have a bootleg WATN sampler 12" and it has both tracks on the b-side. They were also Japan bonus tracks at the time. So adding them to WATN as bonus tracks over b-sides to singles is in line with the initial release

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Jul 11, 2019, 13:21

That kind of makes some sense. I have a bootleg WATN sampler 12" and it has both tracks on the b-side. They were also Japan bonus tracks at the time. So adding them to WATN as bonus tracks over b-sides to singles is in line with the initial release

Yeah I guess it makes sense, although No Need was also a Do It Again b-side so it would have been logical to include it there too

I forgot about that! I still have that DIA 7" on my wantlist. It's not terribly expensive on Discogs but I haven't gone for it yet.

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Jul 11, 2019, 13:36

I forgot about that! I still have that DIA 7" on my wantlist. It's not terribly expensive on Discogs but I haven't gone for it yet.
I have it! It's one of my favourite. The artwork is beautiful and that white 7" vinyl too

Quote from: Csar on Jul 11, 2019, 09:16

I remember that contest, and luckily, I still have those wavs.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jyjb1c

Thanks! I see only some hits are WAVs while others are MP3s. Shame they only gave 192kbps MP3. Pretty low quality for remixing.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 11, 2019, 13:53

Thanks! I see only some hits are WAVs while others are MP3s. Shame they only gave 192kbps MP3. Pretty low quality for remixing.

Oops, reading the meta data, it appears that the wavs are actually cuts of the mp3s I did with the Edison plugin of FL studio back in the day.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 11, 2019, 14:02

Oops, reading the meta data, it appears that the wavs are actually cuts of the mp3s I did with the Edison plugin of FL studio back in the day.

Ah, OK, gotcha. Still weak Chems only provided 192kbps.