here come the drums?

yes!
yes!
pourquoi?
No! Papal Disco
Maybe I'll find a friend... to spend the weekend
Quote from: Stefan on Jun 07, 2019, 14:34

*And Brotherhood 2 with EBW 11-20
I would love more if they release Singles 04-XX, because the second disc of 93-03 had a shitload of unreleased material on it

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jun 07, 2019, 17:48

And Pumisher's Erection Song, please.  ::)
yes please. and they should keep the name!
no idea, no idea

I wonder if the teaser for Surrender is something totally separate from the Flashback (cue the song of that name) Friday? I know it's being called a box set but I wonder if the other albums will have stuff similar like they indicate. Also, I wonder if they'll put NG stuff up since it's in the teaser (granted expectations with a grain of salt). Maybe at lease the instrumentals and Fantai will be online with No Need🙏?

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 07, 2019, 17:10
We thought this before when Ed didn't tour and Direct Buki ended with "Goodbye, thanks to all of you". We were wrong.
The use of old material and some old tour stuff in the BITE gigs sometimes led me to believe that it is some kind of farewell. But after pre-NG tour i believe that they just fucking feel it in a new way.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Has it even happened before that they tour for more than two years?
Since I follow them, the tours were 2010-11, 2015-16, 2018-19.
Between were a few DJ gigs.

Chems release decent new album, release "singles" with expensive videos, go on a big ass tour with new visuals, announce a box set of Surrender, then say: we're also gonna remaster some classic videos and update our Spotify with some rarer stuff. Oh they also did a two hour Essential Mix with at least one new unreleased Chemical track on there (as well as a couple of shorter DJ mixes for Lauren Laverne and Annie Mac).

Reaction:
Quote from: Shotglass75 on Jun 07, 2019, 14:15

Does anyone get an eerie feeling that Tom and Ed might not be doing this for too much longer? 

Nope. I don't get that feeling.

We thought this before when Ed didn't tour and Direct Buki ended with "Goodbye, thanks to all of you". We were wrong.
Ah yes, before I get too cocky, I should acknowedge that I started the thread on that Direct Buki message. So I guess I'm guilty of this sort of speculation myself. But not this time. Nope. They're gonna keep on makin me high. Brexit may be a load of sh*t, but we still have the Chems.
I would agree with the rest of Enjoyed's comments as well.

Oh regarding the poll, please assume that I selected the missing option of:
No! Papal Disco.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 07, 2019, 18:09

Has it even happened before that they tour for more than two years?
Since I follow them, the tours were 2010-11, 2015-16, 2018-19.
Between were a few DJ gigs.
They did 94, 95, 96 and 97

Quote from: Biff on Jun 07, 2019, 13:04

I'd be happy if they would just put No Need on Spotify. That's where my bar is.

What if Gravity Drop's lyrics aren't Gravity Rush

But

Noneedto Rush?
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

but there is definitely a renewed enthusiasm from Ed, which combined with Tom's inhuman need to create audio magic on a daily basis, should give us a lot of hope for more to come.
That's the spirit. Thanks, Enjoyed!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 07, 2019, 21:34
Brexit may be a load of sh*t, but we still have the Chems.
This will invigorate them even more. I expect a MAH (Second Chapter) and Eve of Reunification on album #10: No Bollocks!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 07, 2019, 21:34
Oh regarding the poll, please assume that I selected the missing option of:
No! Papal Disco.
There you go, mah friend (now that I've lost my hypocritical stance on matters of voting)
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2019, 08:51 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It has begun...

Remaster of the Elektrobank video in 1080p :)

Quote from: toxic on Jun 14, 2019, 10:44

It has begun...

Remaster of the Elektrobank video in 1080p :)

The actual remasterd one is supposed to be this one, but is blocked :(

Block Rockin Beats in 4k !

Setting Sun in 4k !

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 14, 2019, 11:33

Block Rockin Beats in 4k !

Looks kinda upscaled. The aliasing effect in the windows are pretty noticeable. Or is it my weak graphics card? Also, the video upload date shows 2008. I don't how this works, but can you reupload content without changing the date?

Also, also, why is BRB in 16:9 whereas the others have are in their almost original aspect ratio of 4:3? Did they crop? Looks like the singles 93-03 DVD were cropped.
Last Edit: Jun 14, 2019, 13:44 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 14, 2019, 13:07
Also, the video upload date shows 2008. I don't how this works, but can you reupload content without changing the date?

I noticed that as well. The post seemed to indicate it was "newly" remastered and re-released but a 10+ year old upload date contradicts that. Kind of odd..

Either way, good excuse to revisit a couple videos I haven't seen in ages. I'd even forgotten where the T&E cameo was in Elektrobank!  :))

You can reupload videos without changing the date, I believe.

Really keen to get The Test and Star Guitar in 1080p/4K!

Block Rockin' Beats: new footage: in the previous version, the agents persecuting our friends were using flashlights, and the latter were caught in the end.
You are all my children now!

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Jun 15, 2019, 06:32

Block Rockin' Beats: new footage: in the previous version, the agents persecuting our friends were using flashlights, and the latter were caught in the end.
Noticed that too. Why should they changed that? I mean, to shoot someone is not Chemical
no idea, no idea

Chema responded to me about Elektrobank video being blocked in the US. They said it should be fixed shortly.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 15, 2019, 20:53

Noticed that too. Why should they changed that? I mean, to shoot someone is not Chemical
They probably did some different versions. Maybe it was done for artistical reasons or, more likely, due to restrictions regarding broadcasting violence on certain airtimes? I wonder whether they were broadcasting that violent one after 10 on MTV?
— Aurora (The Seed)

From what I see, today:
- HBHG video remaster
- Out of Control video remaster
- Life is Sweet video remaster
- Music Response EP rerelease in digital
- Out of Control EP rerelease in digital
- Let forever be rerelease in digital

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 21, 2019, 07:50

From what I see, today:
- HBHG video remaster
- Out of Control video remaster
- Life is Sweet video remaster
- Music Response EP rerelease in digital
- Out of Control EP rerelease in digital
- Let forever be rerelease in digital

There's more actually. You will see releases are being reposted under UMC (Universal Music Catalogue), some with newer tracklists and tracks that included before. They did this in 2017 with certain EPs, such as Setting Sun, Block Rockin' Beats, Elektrobank, Where Do I Begin, and Galvanize more recently.

LEAVE HOME
01 Leave Home (Radio Edit) 3:46
02 Let Me In Mate 4:19
03 Leave Home (Underworld Mix I) 8:51
04 Leave Home (Underworld Mix II) 6:46
05 Leave Home (The Sabres Of Paradise Mix) 5:36
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/leave-home-the-chemical-brothers/pijehjn5w4z9a

LIFE IS SWEET
01 Life Is Sweet (Edit) 3:53
02 If You Kling To Me I'll Klong To You 5:23
03 Life Is Sweet (Daft Punk Remix) 8:36
04 Chico's Groove (Mix 2) 4:03
05 Life Is Sweet (Remix 1) 7:03
06 Life Is Sweet (Remix 2) 6:13
07 Leave Home (Terror Drums) 3:48
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/life-is-sweet-the-chemical-brothers/jcra5lvqhqhba

LET FOREVER BE
01 Let Forever Be (Radio Edit) 3:41
02 The Diamond Sky 3:36
03 Studio K 5:47
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/let-forever-be-the-chemical-brothers/y4krg9e3el7ub

OUT OF CONTROL
01 Out Of Control (Radio Edit) 3:58
02 Power Move 4:10
03 Out Of Control (Sasha Remix) 7:18
04 Out Of Control (Sasha Remix / Radio Edit) 3:53
05 Out Of Control (Sasha Club Mix) 10:59
06 Out Of Control (Sasha Instrumental) 13:21
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/out-of-control-the-chemical-brothers/rmywppxuz8tdb

MUSIC RESPONSE
01 Music:Response (Radio Edit) 3:47
02 Enjoyed 8:08
03 Music:Response (Gentleman Thief Mix) 7:35
04 Music:Response (Futureshock Main Response) 8:20
05 Music:Response (Futureshock Stripped Response) 7:05
06 Out Of Control (Live At Glastonbury, U.K. / 2000) 8:15
07 Got Glint? (Live At Glastonbury, U.K. / 2000) 3:57
08 Piku Playground (Live) 4:57
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/music-response-the-chemical-brothers/e8ubxyuyx6u0b

It also seems these remastered music videos is not just Chemical Brothers, but Universal Music Group is going all out with a bunch of artists and will be swapping out a ton of music videos with newer copies over time. It seems the Chems used this moment as part of their Flashback Friday. I know another major electronic whose music videos will be a part of this. :)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/youtube-upgrade-large-number-old-music-videos-high-definition-2511753?fbclid=IwAR0uyMqwFcplUwMccP-Y6OgQG14REJE_yPORPYF83Jzhp_ZEhJuM_OOFpcU

Last Edit: Jun 21, 2019, 09:13 by neorev