Previous topic - Next topic

here come the drums?

yes!
yes!
pourquoi?
No! Papal Disco
Maybe I'll find a friend... to spend the weekend
Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 28, 2019, 07:29

I think it was still 480p when I checked.

Also, were those videos already 16/9? The Test is 16/9 but Star Guitar is not, and they were both released around the same time, when TV programs were not in HD. When they remaster them, do they also upgrade the ratio?

Well, the Test isn't really 16/9 but, in general, I guess, yes, they're updating the aspect ratio as well. I've got to go back and rewatch some 93-03 again. But from what I've seen so far, like BRB, they did do some cropping here and there. I don't think they were originally broadcast in 16/9 rather than in 4/3 like you suspected (I can't remember either of those videos had black letterbox bars back in the day, but I could be wrong though). My guess for SG is that they deliberately did not crop in order to preserve the intented synchronicity which would be disturbed if they'd reframe the video.

Oh btw, the Boxer is updated, too.
Last Edit: Jun 28, 2019, 09:26 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Talking about the Star Guitar video. Now that it's in HD, you can make out some of the details better. Like the "Pub Station" sign at the station, which I tracked down to being a pub/restaurant in the Rouen train station.
I'm trying to find photos from the platforms at Rouen station, to see if they're similar to the station in the video, but I couldn't find any yet

EDIT:
After more research, the yellow wall train station is Avignon:

Which turns out to also have a "Pub Station" restaurant, but no images of it
Last Edit: Jun 28, 2019, 09:01 by Ben_j

You are all my children now!

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Jun 28, 2019, 10:35

Still sad that this is not included on the Singles DVD
no idea, no idea

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Jun 28, 2019, 10:35

The bros, pioneers of Deep Fakes when Deep Fakes weren't even a thing.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The Boxer and GYH were definitely not updated when I checked. I was a bit early  ;D

Loving these video upgrades. Long overdue. Particularly Star Guitar and The Test. I absolutely love The Test video, the dream-like, drug-induced trippyness of it, plus I like the way the beats effect the imagery, like the thumping bass causing motion blur, the front of the house falling, and the way the jellyfish glow. It's now up to a picture quality it deserves.

With Galvanize and The Boxer getting upgrades, I'm expecting to see Believe getting an upgrade too.

Finally Get yourself High gets HQ audio for the music video
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

So, we're going to see an updated singles dvd, right? 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jun 29, 2019, 19:32

nah, just Further in 240p
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jun 30, 2019, 01:28

nah, just Further in 240p
and twice as mixed
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jun 29, 2019, 19:32

oh, i would love to see the Dom'n'Nic "interview" from the dvd in HD

no idea, no idea

Quote from: neorev on Jun 21, 2019, 09:03
04 Out Of Control (Sasha Remix / Radio Edit) 3:53
Well, this must have been a mistake: it's the radio edit (only it is five seconds shortened); I listened to the sasha edit (4:17) a couple of times long ago (does anyone have it?).
https://www.discogs.com/The-Chemical-Brothers-Out-Of-Control/release/1225371
"Leave Home (Radio Edit)" is just the original with a fade, I still prefer the Liquid Todd edit.

This weeks's flashback friday:

Releases:
The Boxer EP
Believe EP
Galvanize EP ? (this one has already been rereleased a while ago, although it's missing EBW7)

Videos:
Galvanize (was already remastered last week but not advertised)
The Boxer (ditto)
Last Edit: Jul 04, 2019, 13:22 by Ben_j

THE BOXER
01 The Boxer (Radio Edit)
02 The Boxer (DFA Mix Edit)  
03 The Boxer (DFA Mix)  
04 Swiper
05 Believe (Live At The Milano Forum, Milan / 2005)
06 The Boxer (Instrumental Mix)  
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/the-boxer-the-chemical-brothers/rjt00i0fx72bc

BELIEVE
01 Believe (Edit)
02 Believe (Erol Alkan's 'Feel Me' Re-Work)
03 Believe (Mathew Jonson Remix Edit)
04 Believe (Mathew Jonson Remix)
05 Spring 
06 Giant
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/believe-the-chemical-brothers/i3qen7qaqvjyb

As for Galvanize, it is not listed as new on sites as it is the same reissue that went up months ago.
Last Edit: Jul 05, 2019, 04:06 by neorev

Quote from: neorev on Jul 05, 2019, 00:51
BELIEVE
Oh, the radio edit and the extended version were left out. 😯

Logically, next week should be We Are The Night. You know what it means: No Need !

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Jul 06, 2019, 03:18

Oh, the radio edit and the extended version were left out. 😯
...and still the download is £13.49   :o

Flashback Friday has not really met my expectations yet. I was hoping to see something a bit more exclusive. I'm really not that bothered for the remastered videos, I guess it's more aimed at the YouTube music consuming generation. Be interesting to see if this will eventually end up in some kind new compilation though further down the line.

As for lost remixes we've just had the push the button week and there was no the boxer 50:50 mix which I always thought was pretty fantastic.

I think from further era onwards the remastered single packs should get a physical release seeing they have been digital only releases! My old cd collection stops at do it again, for some reason I did not bother with the salmon dance cd single!

The further flashback could off some great content. If that album video was to be released in hd that really would be awesome. I've only watched the album a handful of times but it is truly an amazingly crafted piece of art. Plus there are a few exclusive that were never sold to the masses, porque? iTunes exclusive. Don't think Japanese exclusive and superflash, elusive.

Not complaining to much, we are getting a wonderfully blessed chemical year, it's just human nature to want more!
Last Edit: Jul 06, 2019, 10:59 by Sneaker
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences