Started by Stefan, Jun 07, 2019, 11:10

Previous topic - Next topic

here come the drums?

yes!
yes!
pourquoi?
No! Papal Disco
Maybe I'll find a friend... to spend the weekend
Oh, The Salmon Dance remix contest. Nearly forgot about that. Does anyone remember what remix won? It wasn't the one from a friend of me

https://soundcloud.com/thepumisher/the-salmon-dance-reconstructed
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 11, 2019, 12:18

EDIT: I'm relieved, No Need and Seal were both added to We Are The Night. A little weird but I'll take it
Do you have any links? Can't find the stuff online on streaming/download service. Thanks!

There are a couple of other releases for tomorrow on the Japan site I know. Here they all are...

Do It Again EP
01 Do It Again (Edit)
02 Do It Again (Extended Mix)
03 Do It Again (Instrumental)
04 Do It Again (Oliver Huntemann Remix)
05 Do It Again (Audion's House Arrest Mix)
06 Do It Again (Audion's House Arrest Mix / Edit)
07 Do It Again (Oliver Huntemann Dub)
08 Clip Kiss
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/do-it-again-the-chemical-brothers/mlgm6lwhstwaa

The Salmon Dance EP
01 The Salmon Dance (Edit)
02 The Salmon Dance (Crookers 'Wow' Mix)
03 The Salmon Dance (Heavily Smoked By The Glimmers)
04 The Salmon Dance (Hervé Remix)
05 The Salmon Dance (Instrumental)
06 Snooprah
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/the-salmon-dance-the-chemical-brothers/vb50xlk5n0o7a

We Are The Night
01 No Path To Follow    
02 We Are The Night
03 All Rights Reversed     
04 Saturate
05 Do It Again
06 Das Spiegel
07 The Salmon Dance
08 Burst Generator  
09 A Modern Midnight Conversation
10 Battle Scars
11 Harpoons  
12 The Pills Won't Help You Now  
13 Seal  
14 No Need
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/we-are-the-night-the-chemical-brothers/mmk5n6tvhkrwa

Midnight Madness
01 Midnight Madness (Alternate Edit)
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/midnight-madness-the-chemical-brothers/ryqbnrdzmi1kb

Battle Scars (Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve Re-Animation)
01 Battle Scars (Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve Re-Animation)
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/battle-scars-the-chemical-brothers/o38sa77vef84b
Last Edit: Jul 12, 2019, 12:20 by neorev

Quote from: neorev on Jul 11, 2019, 19:25
01 Midnight Madness (Alternate Edit)
Interesting! So there's the EBW and Brotherhood versions. Is it going to be one of these or something different/new altogether? Has it been released before under "alternate edit"?

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Jul 11, 2019, 19:59

Interesting! So there's the EBW and Brotherhood versions. Is it going to be one of these or something different/new altogether? Has it been released before under "alternate edit"?

Hmm, Here apparently. Even shorter than the 3.33-ish edit. I'm guessing it won't be very exciting.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Nice, those last two did not appear on Deezer

Quote from: Biff on Jun 07, 2019, 13:04

I'd be happy if they would just put No Need on Spotify. That's where my bar is.

Yesssssssss 💪

Seal and No Need added to WATN on Spotify!!

Edit: not sure if it's my Spotify app or what, but Seal sounds like it skips in a couple places between 0:29 and 0:43. Bad upload? Listened back and it happens in the same spots each time. Can anyone else confirm?

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Jul 12, 2019, 14:23

Edit: not sure if it's my Spotify app or what, but Seal sounds like it skips in a couple places between 0:29 and 0:43. Bad upload? Listened back and it happens in the same spots each time. Can anyone else confirm?

This wouldn't be the first time these new uploads have glitches. Mot Another Drugstore had a couple, also Believe live. Plus using mixed tracks from albums instead of their single versions. There's quite a few WTF moments in these reissues. How do you fuck this up? Is there no quality control?

I can confirm. Although Seal is such an odd song that it almost fits in.

I would've love the Rock Drill and All Rights Reversed (Fight The Drabs Mix) remastered. Now, are the videos "Do It Again" and "Midnight Madness" in full HD? They appear in 360... Thanks for all the information! Pity the Qobuz site is not available in my country.
You are all my children now!

I think the fight the drabs mix has a cover of Kraftwerk in it, so royalties and whatnot would have to occur. Probably also why most of the stuff in the Dust Brothers era will never get a rerelease.

I think Midnight Madness is supported to be called Radio Edit? I thought first it was that New Years pressing. It's a shame it's not, we could be ringing in 2008 with style still.

Quote from: Biff on Jul 13, 2019, 03:54

I think Midnight Madness is supported to be called Radio Edit? I thought first it was that New Years pressing. It's a shame it's not, we could be ringing in 2008 with style still.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Oops, wrong year on my part. Either way...🎇🎆🥂🍾

Same on Deezer, so it's not platform specific

Quote from: neorev on Jul 11, 2019, 13:53

Thanks! I see only some hits are WAVs while others are MP3s. Shame they only gave 192kbps MP3. Pretty low quality for remixing.

yoooooooo my first ever remix contest

That was the summer I started making music

What a time
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: neorev on Jun 28, 2019, 01:40

GET YOURSELF HIGH
08 Nude Night 6:19
09 Get Yourself High (Switches Rely On Dub) 5:42
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/get-yourself-high-the-chemical-brothers-k-os/c44dxaomss2rc

It might have been an idea to put all their tracks on YT, even album tracks, remixes and B-Sides with just static images. So that if someone googles their stuff you can find it without having to open up Spotify. Unless the Chems make more money from Spotify than YouTube? Mind you, if that was an issue they would have presumably had other independent uploads of some of these tracks removed from YT?

Also: Nude Night. I was reading one of Peter Hook's books and he mentioned "Nude", a night at the Hacienda. Is that where the title of Nude Night comes from? Maybe this is old news. Maybe I knew this before and forgot. Come to think of it, Nude gets mentioned in an early Chems interview - Jockey Slut '94 as per this (under the spoiler tags).
Tom and Ed had always teetered on the cutting edge of good music be it the Mary Chain, Schooly D, the Jamms, joining the queue for the house fest at Nude or stage diving at Most Excellent.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 15, 2019, 17:45
It might have been an idea to put all their tracks on YT, even album tracks, remixes and B-Sides with just static images. So that if someone googles their stuff you can find it without having to open up Spotify. Unless the Chems make more money from Spotify than YouTube? Mind you, if that was an issue they would have presumably had other independent uploads of some of these tracks removed from YT?
They did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZqLr2UkJas&feature=share

^ My bad! I put Nude Night into the little search option on their YT page and it didnt come up "This channel has no content that matched "nude night"). I also thought I had scrolled through all their video uploads. Even now I'm struggling to find it that way. Maybe I don't know how to YouTube properly!
IT'S MORNING TIME!